Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2015, 01:27 PM

62,865 posts, read 29,098,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
Why don't you look into how Saverin's parents become citizens, and let us know.

The avenues for people to immigrate legally to US are restricted. Either student, work transfer, family sponsorship, or investment. Life doesn't allow everyone the same opportunities. Anchor Baby is another avenue to secure a future for their lil one when he/she grows up, and potentially for themselves if years later they want to move to US.

Just because we can't allow in every foreigner that wants to come here doesn't give them the right to come here illegally instead and take advantage of the 14th Amendment that was never intended for their kids to become birthright citizenship. It's selfish and inconsiderate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2015, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
In 2013, 72,000 parents of American citizens were deported. Being the parent of a U.S. citizens doesn't afford a legal defense in an immigration hearing. And, because their presence in the country was undocumented they must wait at least three years after their child reaches 21 years of age before the child can apply for them to receive visa and green card.

The whole "anchor baby" nonsense is smoke and mirrors.
Aw, that's just too bad. The parents shouldn't have come here illegally in the first place. No, they weren't undocumented they were illegal aliens. Not to worry though, Obama just this year has given 5 million parents here illegally a stay of deportation. I am sure that made the liberals and other pro-illegals very happy.

Old 08-25-2015, 01:36 PM

88,963 posts, read 44,771,250 times
Quote:
Yeah I already listed this. Which exact method of legal immigration did his parent's use?
Doesn't matter. They did it legally. It took them 5 years to become U.S. citizens after they legally immigrated.

Old 08-25-2015, 01:40 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,563,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Doesn't matter. They did it legally. It took them 5 years to become U.S. citizens after they legally immigrated.
Yeah I'm a legal immigrant myself.

Anchor Babies/Birth Tourism is another way for third worlders to get a piece of the first world pie.

Old 08-25-2015, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Yeah I'm a legal immigrant myself.

Anchor Babies/Birth Tourism is another way for third worlders to get a piece of the first world pie.
Yeah, and robbing a bank is "another way" for me to get money. But doing so is illegal. Under your logic, it should be OK for me to rob banks because it's just "another way" for me to get something I want.

Old 08-25-2015, 01:48 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,263,571 times
Quote:
There are some anchor babies that live abroad for decades and STILL get hit with U.S. taxes on foreign-held assets. The Mayor of London, England is a prime example of that. He's lived in the UK for 40+ years, since the age of 5.
That's Boris Johnson. He had the misfortune of being born in New York while his father was studying abroad. His parents were both UK nationals. I actually feel bad for the guy. He ended up paying that huge B.S. tax bill from what I hear.

Old 08-25-2015, 01:48 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,563,727 times
Quote:
Yeah, and robbing a bank is "another way" for me to get money. But doing so is illegal. Under your logic, it should be OK for me to rob banks because it's just "another way" for me to get something I want.
I do NOT support Anchor Babies or Birth Tourism.

I am simply stating there are people abusing the current immigration/birthright laws.

Old 08-25-2015, 01:50 PM

Quote:
I do NOT support Anchor Babies or Birth Tourism.

I am simply stating there are people abusing the current immigration/birthright laws.
It isn't even current law; it's just politically expedient "policy" that has no basis whatsoever in the Constitution, U.S. Nationality Law, or SCOTUS rulings. The more people who learn the actual history on that, the better.

Old 08-25-2015, 01:52 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,320,714 times
[quote=Oldglory;40957462]Aw, that's just too bad. The parents shouldn't have come here illegally in the first place.[/quote[

I don't have a problem in the least bit with your comment.

Quote:
No, they weren't undocumented they were illegal aliens.
You say tomato, I say tomatto.

Old 08-25-2015, 01:57 PM

[quote=TheWiseWino;40957741]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Aw, that's just too bad. The parents shouldn't have come here illegally in the first place.[/quote[

I don't have a problem in the least bit with your comment.

You say tomato, I say tomatto.
You can't just change immigration law terms to your satisfaction. Why not call them by what they actually are? Agenda, much?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies