Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2015, 03:15 PM

5,301 posts, read 2,352,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
Voting is participation in decision making. In the US, we delegate our decision making to others and we do so by voting. It is not a perfect system and I'm all for reform in the US system of government, but it's simply a system of government.

Now I understand that you think all government is evil, yet you live in a society where you benefit from this evil. You could easily head out to the wilderness and try your luck there, but you type at your computer enjoying the infrastructure and safety of this society all while railing against it. You could have the anarchy that you wish for at this very moment, yet you don't. It makes me doubt your sincerity.
This is all based on the social contract, which is BS. I don't delegate my decision making to anyone, but they do it anyway. You don't seem to understand my reasoning for why all government (unless consented to in a legitimate contract) is evil. Telling me that hiding from society in the wilderness is the anarchy I wish for means that you don't get it. I want to live in a society and enjoy the things it offers, yes. I also want to convince that same society not to violate the principle of non-aggression. I have no right to force my ideas on anyone, so I continue to use logic and reason to show people how they're going against their own beliefs by supporting the state. If I ran from society, I'd have no way of changing anything.

Obviously debating with you, ChiGeekGuest, and mkpunk to a lesser degree (I have hope for him ) won't get anywhere at this point. I'd rather not beat my head against the wall over and over with 3 people when I can be talking to others more productively.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2015, 03:17 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,347,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Why does your freedom depend on me & people like me?

Take a deep breath & relax, you are free. What are you waiting for?
Freedom requires not having to abide by involuntary contracts enacted at birth.

I'm sorry, but it's intellectually dishonest to believe in contracts without consent from one party.

Old 08-30-2015, 03:19 PM

5,301 posts, read 2,352,427 times
Quote:
Why does your freedom depend on me & people like me?

Take a deep breath & relax, you are free. What are you waiting for?
I wish that were true. That would mean I'd be allowed to do anything I wanted to, as long as I wasn't violating anyone else's rights. That isn't the case in any society on Earth right now.

Old 08-30-2015, 03:26 PM

13,242 posts, read 4,919,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Freedom requires not having to abide by involuntary contracts enacted at birth.

I'm sorry, but it's intellectually dishonest to believe in contracts without consent from one party.
This is an example of the The perfect solution logical fallacy, the choice is not between real world solutions; it is, rather, a choice between one realistic achievable possibility & another unrealistic solution that could in some way be "better".

Old 08-30-2015, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Yes, you are!!!!!!

Don't you understand that one state means no one is free. The involuntary state doesn't follow the NAP.

Without the NAP freedom is impossible.
When aggression is defined:

Quote:
Examples of aggression: voting, calling the police, holding political office, owning property outside the means of production.

Old 08-30-2015, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0103E View Post
I wish that were true. That would mean I'd be allowed to do anything I wanted to, as long as I wasn't violating anyone else's rights. That isn't the case in any society on Earth right now.
When examples of aggression include voting, calling the police, holding political office, owning property outside the means of production?

Old 08-30-2015, 03:39 PM

Quote:
This is an example of the The perfect solution logical fallacy, the choice is not between real world solutions; it is, rather, a choice between one realistic achievable possibility & another unrealistic solution that could in some way be "better".
We are speaking different languages. I have no solutions nor am I starching for one. Megalomania is a trait I care not to acquire. We have plenty of statists for that.

Old 08-30-2015, 03:46 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,171,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T0103E View Post
This is all based on the social contract, which is BS. I don't delegate my decision making to anyone, but they do it anyway. You don't seem to understand my reasoning for why all government (unless consented to in a legitimate contract) is evil. Telling me that hiding from society in the wilderness is the anarchy I wish for means that you don't get it. I want to live in a society and enjoy the things it offers, yes. I also want to convince that same society not to violate the principle of non-aggression. I have no right to force my ideas on anyone, so I continue to use logic and reason to show people how they're going against their own beliefs by supporting the state. If I ran from society, I'd have no way of changing anything.

Obviously debating with you, ChiGeekGuest, and mkpunk to a lesser degree (I have hope for him ) won't get anywhere at this point. I'd rather not beat my head against the wall over and over with 3 people when I can be talking to others more productively.
I didn't even realize that we were having a debate. I'm just sharing a different perspective. I'm not trying to win an argument. I find anarchist viewpoints to be naive and willfully ignorant of human nature and you have not swayed my thinking one bit. I didn't think you were even trying to.

I don't know the full extent of your views, but from what I can gather, you are against all forms of government, but you haven't provided any type of alternative which could be realistically implemented. The odd thing is that you enjoy living in a system of government, but claim that you are fighting to change the system. I think that you just like to imagine that you are taking some type of meaningful action, when in reality you are affecting nothing.

Old 08-30-2015, 03:54 PM

Quote:
The problem is you are a collectivist. "Implausiable", "unrealistic", "solution", "real world", "realistic", and "unrealistic" all in one post.

You can't assign morality, intellect or state of mind to anyone beyond yourself. This is the mindset of the megalomaniac.
Quote:
We are speaking different languages. I have no solutions nor am I starching for one. Megalomania is a trait I care not to acquire. We have plenty of statists for that.
In addition, you've said I'm intellectually dishonest. Personally, I think your ideology does not withstand scrutiny.

Old 08-30-2015, 06:35 PM

Quote:
In addition, you've said I'm intellectually dishonest. Personally, I think your ideology does not withstand scrutiny.
Chill. No worries.

We aren't getting anywhere.

Just have pity on me. It's a statist world. You've "won".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies