Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2015, 09:54 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,856,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post

In contrast, I had a hog roast a week ago at my farm. I invited all of the local farmers as well as many of the physicians and nurses I work with (which is 60 miles away).

One of my guests was a local farmer. I thought he was "just a farmer", as that is all I have ever seen him do. He was showing me photos of his '69 Plymlouth Super Bird ($250K), Dusenberg ($1.5 million), original Ford Cobra, and his 18,000 square foot "cabin" which is about a mile from my farm. Turns out that he owns six factories around the US and is filthy rich- he was a farmer and built the technology and built the factories. To the locals, he is just one of the regular boys, but was very interesting to chat with.
Not to be THAT guy, but the Plymouth Superbird was only manufactured in 1970, as a follow-up to the 1969 Dodge Charger Daytona (I've bought and sold one of each -- incredible cars, both). If he has a 1969 Superbird, he's got a real collector's item! Sounds like a guy that knows his cars, as you cannot go wrong with either a Dusenberg, Cobra or a Superbird.

I'm with you -- I just don't find Obama to be interesting enough to want to spend ANY time with him. Not only that, but they look like a pretty miserable lot, at least in the first pic on this story:

Obama sheds summer curse, just in time for daunting fall | Daily Mail Online

That pretty much extends all the way out to any politician. I have such little respect for all of them that I wouldn't want to waste any of my time with them. Though it would be interesting to toss a few of them in the water to see if the sharks would actually eat them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2015, 10:34 PM

6,261 posts, read 5,068,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I can no longer listen to him give a 3 minute speech after all the lies he's told and the way he ridicules.

No way in Hell would I want to even have dinner or spend a day with the man.
Agreed. I didn't vote for him, but after he was elected I thought "OK - he's the president now. He's MY president now". I wished him well. I wanted him to succeed, because if HE succeeded we ALL succeeded.

Now I can't stand the sight of him, and I can't stand to listen to him speak. I can't stand the sound of his voice, I can't stand the cadence of his speech, I can't stand to look at his wormy, lying face. I skipped the last State of the Union (which I always watch) and waited for the post-game analysis and clips. I have more distaste for him now than I ever imagined I would have for someone in his position. And as a patriotic American who believes in staying engaged in the political process I hate to say that.

Old 08-23-2015, 10:48 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,759,513 times
Yeah,

I would enjoy meeting him, Michelle, and the family. I would stay for a happy hour, maybe dinner, talk about whatever came to mind, and excuse myself. No family wants a stranger hanging around for their vacation. I'd live to see the place and meet the family, but would not wear out my welcome.

Old 08-23-2015, 11:00 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,819,047 times
Hell yes! I'd love to go to the Vineyard and I'd love to meet the Obamas and hang out with them and ask them about what they really think about all the stupidity that people say about them. Plus Martha's Vineyard is a beautiful spot. Those of you who said no there is something wrong with you. And FWIW, I'd love to vacation with any US president of recent history. It would be an exciting opportunity IMO.

Old 08-23-2015, 11:01 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,704,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
You are right, he's not a good President. He comes in 34th place by Dr. Ivan Eland.
Dr. Elan is a libertarian focused on defense. That's not exactly an impartial or comprehensive opinion.

Anyway, a number of radicals on here are saying they wouldn't vacation with their president because they think he's a bad president. I have no idea how someone who saved our country from catastrophe could be reinterpreted as bad, but no doubt the stock profits many of his harshest critics have earned these past several years will allow them to vacation wherever they desire.

Thanks, Obama.

Old 08-23-2015, 11:03 PM

906 posts, read 712,245 times
Yes, but not to talk to Barack or Michelle...

Then who?

Old 08-23-2015, 11:10 PM

1,798 posts, read 3,020,576 times
I wouldn't mind hanging with President Obama, or any President for that matter. I'd imagine the accommodations and dining would be first class.

Old 08-23-2015, 11:36 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,934,706 times
I wouldn't spend 50 cents to watch the SOB eat a bale of hay...

Old 08-24-2015, 12:59 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,756,889 times
I think if I had met Obama back in the early to mid '80s when we were both college students in the New York area, we would have found that we had similar interests and might well have become friends. Today... not so much.

Old 08-24-2015, 02:37 AM

10,029 posts, read 9,504,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo3000 View Post
Would you ever want to spend vacation with the Obama's at Martha's Vineyard?
You politics aside, sure. Same gowe for most former presidents, dem or rep.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies