Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2015, 03:28 PM

14,295 posts, read 9,635,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Because they realize that is wrong for black conservatives to say blacks need to get off the plantation and stop voting for Democrats...
You mean the same Democratic Party that is the party of slavery, Jim Crow laws, Black codes, segregation, Japanese internment, and filibustered anti-lynching laws and the Civil Rights Act of 1964?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2015, 03:36 PM

14,295 posts, read 9,635,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
I've seen racism across the spectrum, personally, but I think it's safe to say the racists are the people, like those at the Trump rally in Alabama, repeatedly yelling "white power", proposing people get paid to shoot Mexicans, and calling the black people who worked on a man's farm the n-word.

‘White power!': Trump’s Alabama ‘pep rally’ brings out folks who want to shoot ‘illegals’ at the border

Imagine, all this in 2015. Scary stuff.

I think part of the problem is many conservatives simply don't want to acknowledge some minority groups are treated differently by police or employers and such. By denying a problem even exists, we can't work through it to the ideal in which everyone truly is judged by the content of their character.
From your link:

...one man could be heard yelling “white power!”

Whenever there is a political momentum there will be those people on the fringes who will glom onto it, when they themselves could not otherwise fill a phone booth with their like-minded supporters.

Remember the OWS movement, and all the anarchist and fringe kooks who turned those rallies violent, and forced the OWS folks to create "rape tents?"

Yup, there always will be fringe kooks showing up at political events, they only represent themselves.

Old 08-24-2015, 03:41 PM

4,761 posts, read 7,792,296 times
If you have a heartbeat, someone can call you a racist. This much has been proven to be true. Probably. Maybe.

Old 08-24-2015, 04:10 PM

37,941 posts, read 17,742,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Well wow, add 1 Black member to 0 Black members of the House Of Representatives. Pardon me for my terrible error. So let's see -- 1 out of 42. Whoopee doo!
It's two. But the truth and facts aren't your strong point.

Quote:
Sorry, but I counted Tim Scott.
Why believe you when you've been so wrong in this thread? Rhetorical

Quote:
The point is not who YOU think represents Black people. The point is who Black people think represents them.

P.S. Rand Paul is white.
Again Explain how do Republicans NOT represent Black Americans? Quit running from that question.

Old 08-24-2015, 04:18 PM

37,941 posts, read 17,742,617 times
Quote:
No, the point is that White folks like you shouldn't be telling Blacks who should represent them. They're independent individuals who can their own political decisions.

Do I favor busing. Well, having worked in a school where white students were bused from Bowie, Maryland into Thomas Pullen Junior High during the 1970s, it actually worked quite well. There were few racial tensions in our school. And it certainly worked better than the school districts in parts of the South where to avoid integration, school systems totally shut down schools for extended periods of time (a number of places in Virginia did just that as a result of state regulations). School vouchers, no, I am opposed to making struggling schools struggle even more.

I guess you don't go out for fast food much. I rarely get out of a fast food restaurant now for less than $6. But the point really is, what should be a LIVING wage.

The roughly 90% of Black people who are Democrats aren't stupid. They know who THEY WANT to represent them. If THEY change their minds and begin moving toward the Republican Party, that's THEIR CHOICE, not yours.

Oh I see, all Blacks should live in bad neighborhoods. I get you.
First off no one is claiming it's their choice on how blacks vote. That's just some absurd statement you thought was clever. It isn't. Anyone who wants to vote for big government can wallow in their stupidity. It's a shame that mob rule has to bring down those who understand, through history, reason, and logic that big government is a failure.

Independent individuals? Blacks may have the toughest time being individuals out of all the races.
BTW Whites voted for the same person in the last election. As if Romney and Obama were much different. Big government my way, for my friends. Only the hand picked winners and losers change.

Old 08-24-2015, 10:11 PM

1,751 posts, read 1,664,174 times
I call bull ****. The person clearly shouts "white power". Whether it is out of place at a Trump rally can be debated but what was said cannot.

Old 08-24-2015, 10:13 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,750,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
And to support this notion of barriers all you need to do is point to the mountain of data showing black underachievement relative to other races. And all conservatives can do at that point is claim that blacks aren't trying hard enough.

After all, once you accept the idea that all racial groups are equally capable on average, then you are left with only two basic explanations for black underperformance - either whites are systematically racist or blacks are just lazy.

Conservatives need to reject this relatively recent, entirely false premise of group average equality. No, blacks, whites, Asians, Hispanics, Native Americans, etc. are not inherently equal on average in all things. We can and should treat individuals equally, regardless of race. But we can not realistically expect equal group outcomes.
Our entire country participates in systematic racism. Not just whites or conservatives, which is why I found the video to be simplistic and overly relying on conservative complaints about their supposed "racist" beliefs. Our country accepted and wrote into law the concept of black inferiority.

The barriers that I mentioned in regards to the video - education and career prospects are still affected by this system. It was not and is not wholly being perpetuated by conservatives. It is an American system.

I saw the video as an extended whining by conservatives who are upset that they are labeled as "racist." If you are conservative and you do the things I cited or agree with those who do those things (label blacks as criminals, as being a majority in poverty, as being ingnorant, or lazy, etc) that is why people label you as a racist. It has nothing to do with your views on AA or on the other reasons cited in the video. It is the above, plain and simple.

Old 08-24-2015, 10:31 PM

3,557 posts, read 4,079,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
You mean the same Democratic Party that is the party of slavery, Jim Crow laws, Black codes, segregation, Japanese internment, and filibustered anti-lynching laws and the Civil Rights Act of 1964?
No, not the same party. Those that were left became Republicans.

Old 08-24-2015, 10:33 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,707,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Our entire country participates in systematic racism.
Have you considered that this may be equivalent to a religious belief for you - unfalsibiable and beyond the realm of facts and logical argument?

Old 08-24-2015, 10:38 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,304,768 times
Default Most absurd thread of the century

Conservatism/GOP/Republican is synonymous with racism and bigotry. Common knowledge that no idiotic link can dispute.

Affirmation Action, an evolving mechanism to counter the negative effects of Conservative racism and bigotry, past and present, is just. It moves the racists out of the way, so historically-disadvantaged, and history-discriminated people of color can take their rightful place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies