Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2015, 10:49 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,651,394 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
You mean the same Democratic Party that is the party of slavery, Jim Crow laws, Black codes, segregation, Japanese internment, and filibustered anti-lynching laws and the Civil Rights Act of 1964?
You do realize that the two parties essentially switched places, right? While Republicans were always the party of business, Democrats used to be the home of the southern conservatives and Republicans were the northern progressives created to abolish slavery (a strong central government was in the best interest of businesses at the time).

In the 20th century, they switched roles, whereby Republicans took on the voice of the southern conservative. So, despite the labels, the core cultures haven't changed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2015, 10:55 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,651,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
From your link:

...one man could be heard yelling “white power!”

Whenever there is a political momentum there will be those people on the fringes who will glom onto it, when they themselves could not otherwise fill a phone booth with their like-minded supporters.

Remember the OWS movement, and all the anarchist and fringe kooks who turned those rallies violent, and forced the OWS folks to create "rape tents?"

Yup, there always will be fringe kooks showing up at political events, they only represent themselves.
No, there were reports of multiple people yelling white power. These are not isolated individuals. Keep in mind, Donald Trump was the ringleader of what proved to be nothing more than a racist movement demanding Obama's birth certificate (Ted Cruz, an actual immigrant, has been mostly ignored).

I don't know if you know many conservatives, but I do and racism is deeply baked into their political ideology.

It doesn't take long for them when talking politics to start disparaging "brown people" or "the blacks". You can see it on this forum quite frequently - many just bask in a bit of news about black people acting poorly.

It's to the point that I rue conversations with older white people in real life because their fear and hatred of anyone different from themselves is always percolating just beneath the surface, kept on edge by the radicalized rightwing media they consume that keeps them in a fit of constant outrage over fake news.

I can only pray for these angry older white folks' troubled souls, that they find peace and stop destroying their families with their behavior.

Old 08-24-2015, 11:44 PM

50,143 posts, read 23,799,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
It's two. But the truth and facts aren't your strong point.

Why believe you when you've been so wrong in this thread? Rhetorical

Again Explain how do Republicans NOT represent Black Americans? Quit running from that question.
I'm so sorry that the sources from which my data came were off by one or two. At least I consulted sources.

Get this through your head: Black Americans are intelligent enough to decide who represents them. And whether you like it or not, it's not Republicans.

Revel in whom you represent -- let's see, Mormons, evandevilcals, the 1%, the guys waving Confederate flags, etc.

Old 08-24-2015, 11:56 PM

14,366 posts, read 9,735,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Because they realize that is wrong for black conservatives to say blacks need to get off the plantation and stop voting for Democrats...
The most hyperbolic and misguided post of the day... Congratulations!

Enjoy the truth:

Old 08-25-2015, 09:18 AM

13,899 posts, read 6,390,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
You do realize that the two parties essentially switched places, right? While Republicans were always the party of business, Democrats used to be the home of the southern conservatives and Republicans were the northern progressives created to abolish slavery (a strong central government was in the best interest of businesses at the time).

In the 20th century, they switched roles, whereby Republicans took on the voice of the southern conservative. So, despite the labels, the core cultures haven't changed.
lmao..That old gag eh? They switched places? Do you really think intelligent people would believe that propaganda? Own it, the Dems have a LONGGGGGG history of racism.

Old 08-25-2015, 09:20 AM

13,899 posts, read 6,390,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
There's nothing to look at so I'm not sure why not looking at the screen would matter.
It's clearly not black power, though. There's no hard "k" at the end.

It can't come as a surprise to anyone that bigots are drawn to a rally for the man who led the overtly racist Birther movement. Ever since, Trump's become the pied piper of racists desperately clinging to the last vestiges of white power over other races.
This is absolute tripe. After reading your posts for a couple months it is obvious you are nothing more than a storm trooper for the Progressives. I hope it pays well.

Old 08-25-2015, 09:21 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,613,030 times
One of the biggest things I notice is that Conservatives will at least acknowledge there are some people in their side who are blatantly racist (I fully admit there are flat out racists on the right). This gets blown out of proportion to paint all Conservatives as racist. Funny, since thinking of all Blacks as poor or criminals due to the fraction who are brands you as close-minded and bigoted, but lumping all Conservatives in with the obviously blatant racist ones is perfectly reasonable.

On the other hand, Liberals seem to be completely unaware of their latent and systematic racism. So many policies pushed by the left suggests that Blacks are inferior or incapable. They cling to affirmative action and race-based admission standards. They oppose voucher programs that would help Black students attend better schools and succeed. They think of the nuclear family as an outdated institution and prison for the individual, when its one of the primary indicators of a child's potential success or failure. Bush spoke of "the soft bigotry of low expectations", which seems so ingrained in Progressivism that the left is unaware how condescending and racist they can be.

Last edited by Vejadu; 08-25-2015 at 09:46 AM..

Old 08-25-2015, 09:39 AM

27,875 posts, read 29,679,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I'm so sorry that the sources from which my data came were off by one or two. At least I consulted sources.

Get this through your head: Black Americans are intelligent enough to decide who represents them. And whether you like it or not, it's not Republicans.

Revel in whom you represent -- let's see, Mormons, evandevilcals, the 1%, the guys waving Confederate flags, etc.
Excuse me, but the vast, vast majority of Mormons would agree with you that Black Americans are intelligent enough to decide who represents them. I know there was once racism in the LDS Church, but to lump us in with "evandevilcals" and Confederate flag wavers is just showing a different form of bigotry.

Old 08-25-2015, 04:33 PM

37,942 posts, read 17,724,642 times
Quote:
While you falsely played the race card.
Your entire premise was idiotic. Going from 1900 like the parties have been the same since then. LMAO Way to use the facts.

Quote:
Again how's that working out for them?
Whatever you do avoid this question.

Quote:
Who I represent? I represent me.

Again Explain how do Republicans NOT represent Black Americans? Quit running from that question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies