Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2015, 01:32 PM

1,781 posts, read 2,680,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot N Annie View Post
Wow - I musta hit a nerve.

Mahalo
Like I said in the post that you quoted, if I made a mistake, and came at you the wrong way, then my offer to apologize still stands

I'm not gonna let soemthing like this stand in the way of you and I being able to have a civil debate on this or any other subject

LOL...you didn't hit a nerve, you just woke me up a li'l bit, is all

Mahalo to you as well

Old 08-24-2015, 01:54 PM

21,827 posts, read 25,102,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Soooo the premise here is that the women couldn't possibly have been out of hand and so the only possible explanation is racism. Seems kinda racist to presume that they couldn't actually have been loud though.

Hell, I've seen groups of women (of various races) kicked out of bars and night clubs for getting liquored up and overly rowdy.

But, I will reserve judgment until video surfaces which I'd be shocked if it doesn't.
Welcome to the race card. Of course, it's possible it was racially biased which is the whole power behind the race card. Much of the time, however, it's just a license to behave badly card. That said, there's also the license to behave badly in a socially more acceptable manner for the setting. If they'd spent the entire time on their blueteeth it would still be annoying but if they kicked everyone off the train who did that, they'd go out of business.

Old 08-24-2015, 01:55 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,464,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTaxedInNY View Post
How is black women being loud surprising or newsworthy? Get a bunch of them together and it's literally one of the worst experiences one can endure.
The worst is in move theaters, Chris Rock used to joke about this all the time lol.

Old 08-24-2015, 01:55 PM

231 posts, read 213,134 times
My wife and I enjoy 'quiet time'.
We like to sit together reading / watching TV / looking at internet and only speak when we have something to say.
We will make our point - politely - and stop talking.
We rarely go out because places of all types can be so loud.
Even nice restaurants can be loud.

99% of all the arguments in the world could be ended if everyone would simply shut the hell up!

Old 08-24-2015, 01:57 PM

4,481 posts, read 3,636,617 times
I think they deserved to get kicked off because they ignored requests to tone it down not because they were a group of black women asked to tone it down. Let's face it, a large group of people of any color can be loud and obnoxious whether they are male or female. I've cringed when out with a large group of women friends of all races, because after a few drinks, many of them had become embarrassingly loud (the laughter sounded more like drunken bleating goats). Why does the media have to report so-called newsworthy articles and put a racial twist on them every time or even dignify these silly stories in print? This gives racists a chance to express their hateful views based on the few minorities they may have encountered and self-serving stereotypes, and its gives some sensitive black people an chance to assume it was because of their color and nothing more.

Old 08-24-2015, 03:07 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,828,251 times
Come on, if any of you have ever been around a group of blacks, they ARE loud. Just part of their culture, I guess. That isn't being judgmental or anything racist, just a fact of life.

Sometimes you have to consider the people around you, that is what separates a person with class vs one with no class.

Don

Old 08-24-2015, 03:09 PM

1,850 posts, read 1,137,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
11 black women in a confined space? Not even earplugs can save you.
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
So, so true.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Old 08-24-2015, 03:12 PM

4,481 posts, read 3,636,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Come on, if any of you have ever been around a group of blacks, they ARE loud. Just part of their culture, I guess. That isn't being judgmental or anything racist, just a fact of life.

Sometimes you have to consider the people around you, that is what separates a person with class vs one with no class.

Don
I've been around groups of Italians, Jewish and Chinese people all of my life and believe me the sheer volume can deafen you. No part of any group's culture consists of being loud, but many groups of people are, this is not something intrinsic to black people. Stop showing your ignorance and pretending you are just innocently stating a so-called fact.

Old 08-24-2015, 03:15 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,346,625 times
Quote:

Don
It's funny you start off with anecdotal evidence and then proceed to talk about facts.

Old 08-24-2015, 03:24 PM

17,115 posts, read 15,341,895 times
Quote:

No, your statement is very racist. LOL. You assumed that because we share a similar skin pigment, we're all from the same culture?
Do you also assume that we all cook cornbread, collard greens, pig feet and fried chicken at family gatherings?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies