Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2015, 09:37 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
I know no one can logically say that they would actually pull the trigger without being in the situation, but if you caught someone molesting one of your children, and you happened to be a concealed carry weapon owner, do you think you could use it?
Do you think you'd get prosecuted/convicted?
How would a judge/jury see it? Or are child molesters looked at by 99.99% of society as so low that no punishment is harsh enough?
I'm thinking of the dad in FL who beat the hell out of the guy who he caught molesting his son. That guy didn't get in any trouble and was hailed as a hero.
Caught in the act, no problem. You're defending the life of someone. Defending property and life are the only reasons to take anothers life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2015, 10:36 AM

50,798 posts, read 24,310,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
Revenge is for savages. We have laws.
And honestly, I would suggest all of you not to post such things in large open forums which pested with governmental agents who monitor it.
Some people feel that what others do is above the law, but what they do extra-judicially is okay.

Old 08-30-2015, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
When I read some of the responses on here, it makes me wonder what kind of people are posting on this forum. How can you not care about a child being molested? How can you not think it is a big deal or your business? Yes, I would kill a child molester if I caught one in the act. I don't care whose child they were molesting either. It would be as easy as shooting a rattlesnake.
Don't play that game, or are you really confused?

The people on here who are speaking out against extra-judicial actions are merely saying stop the action, have the perp arrested, tried in a court of law, and sentenced to prison.

Old 08-30-2015, 10:55 AM

4,721 posts, read 5,312,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Don't play that game, or are you really confused?

The people on here who are speaking out against extra-judicial actions are merely saying stop the action, have the perp arrested, tried in a court of law, and sentenced to prison.
Not the logical ones against vigilante justice. I am talking about the posters that say they don't care. Didn't you read that?

Old 08-30-2015, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
Not the logical ones against vigilante justice. I am talking about the posters that say they don't care. Didn't you read that?
You said: "When I read some of the responses on here, it makes me wonder what kind of people are posting on this forum. How can you not care about a child being molested? How can you not think it is a big deal or your business? Yes, I would kill a child molester if I caught one in the act. I don't care whose child they were molesting either. It would be as easy as shooting a rattlesnake."

Okay, fine, what are the screen names of those who have expressed that they don't care that a child is being molested. Please name them.

Old 08-30-2015, 12:46 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,242,007 times
Only in America can a father beating a paedophile become applauded, and the next logical step >>>murdering one.

I could never, WOULD never kill anyone, unless of course they had a knife to my loved ones throat.

Barring that, its MURDER and surely as sins go, far outweigh paedophilia, which as far as I know is still not a choice but rather a misfortune of either birth or experience.

In short, the paedophile needs TREATMENT not a bullet!

Old 08-30-2015, 12:52 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,121,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Only in America can a father beating a paedophile become applauded, and the next logical step >>>murdering one.

I could never, WOULD never kill anyone, unless of course they had a knife to my loved ones throat.

Barring that, its MURDER and surely as sins go, far outweigh paedophilia, which as far as I know is still not a choice but rather a misfortune of either birth or experience.

In short, the paedophile needs TREATMENT not a bullet!
Most psychiatrists say that child molesters CANNOT be cured.

Old 08-31-2015, 07:38 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
Revenge is for savages. We have laws.
And honestly, I would suggest all of you not to post such things in large open forums which pested with governmental agents who monitor it.

So in other words, someone harms you or a family member, then do nothing? Sorry, there are times when eye for an eye has merit. In the case of me ever catching someone in the act of molesting my kid, or a kid in my family...well.... let's just say I pity the poor bastard!

Old 08-31-2015, 08:22 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,434,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
I know no one can logically say that they would actually pull the trigger without being in the situation, but if you caught someone molesting one of your children, and you happened to be a concealed carry weapon owner, do you think you could use it?
Do you think you'd get prosecuted/convicted?
- another reason not to own a gun. Acting in anger, is never appropriate.

My reasoned response would be - to remove the perp (most likely a family member) and call the authorities. Seek pshyological counsing for my son.

Would I really want to further scar my kid with a violent homicide with him there/nearbye and the ensuing court battle/potential loss of my job as I fight/maybe dad is going to jail/maybe daddy loses.

I mean - what justice is there in killing the perp? It is more likely to hurt your kid, than help him. Make you feel better? what a selfish prick you are then.

Old 08-31-2015, 08:25 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,434,173 times
Cure is the wrong word

Reduce recidivism

The Effectiveness of Psychological Treatment for Reducing Recidivism in Child Molesters: A Systematic Review of Randomized and Nonrandomized Studies. - PubMed - NCBI

most child molesters (upwards of 80%) do not recommit offenses, according to this study. Intervention and counseling lowers that rate further

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Most psychiatrists say that child molesters CANNOT be cured.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies