Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 11:20 AM

73,007 posts, read 62,585,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Another of your guesses, which y9ou seem to assume are facts. Show where I indicated that "only blacks can be intolerant". Your assumption, not my statement.
Well, when you singled out Blacks in that post, what else was I suppose to think?

Old 08-26-2015, 11:23 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,131,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I'm guessing from this post that you only believe that Blacks can be intolerant.
It appears he's inferring such..

Old 09-01-2015, 11:14 AM

4,437 posts, read 7,672,681 times
Before I comment, let me make a disclosure.....

In 2001, while on the Wine Train, a white waiter from South Africa (that's where he said he was from) 'joked' to me, "What do you call a white dude from Africa in the United States? Answer: An African-American!"

I took that as an offense. However, I decided not to report it, and I refused to let that incident ruin the rest of my trip. He said nothing else to me after that! In addition, all of the other staff treated me fine, and the Wine Train, despite the one a-hole joke, was great experience.

With that said, I have no idea of the facts of the incident with the Book Club; whether the staff could have handled the situation better, or whether the incident got so out of hand that there were few options but to remove them.

One thing that I'm thankful for is the fact that no one's liberty was taken away, although it is a humiliating experience to be removed from a train and into a hot Napa sun, and being met by three Napa cops! And the facebook posting may not have helped at all to ease tensions!

Another point to be made is that with that experience, it is my understanding that the entire trip was reimbursed, with expenses paid return to the Napa station. In addition, an apology was given by the CEO, with a offer of a complimentary trip of the whole train and up to 50 people. While the sincerity of the apology is in question, the complientary offer is not a cheap one.

I've been in a restaurant in NYC named Carmines. Both locations are as loud as I've ever been in any restaurant. My view of the Wine Train in 2001, while loud, was not as loud as I've seen in Carmines. And given that I wasn't on this train at the same time as the Book Club, I can't assess how loud they, or anyone else was, on that day.

It is my hope that both sides can come to some type of amicable resolution.

Old 09-02-2015, 02:36 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,414,577 times
Quote:
If you didn't read it, then you don't know what happened.
Chalk it up to life experience.

Old 09-02-2015, 02:48 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,972,033 times
Quote:
Maybe, but from some of reports, there were guests who were loud and boisterous in the past, and weren't kicked out. The fact that said guests were kicked out sounds fishy.
The reports I saw said it wasn't just the volume, but the fact that they were swearing. A lot. And when asked to tone it down, they refused to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies