Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 07:56 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,046,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Yes, because there is nothing more Christian than suing someone.
How dare they exercise their lawful rights!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2015, 08:01 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,686,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Both of these are untrue. I know multiple people who have worked for the chain, many of them being republican, and they have stated that the individual stores do indeed have discriminatory hiring practices as well as changing the way they serve people who they perceive to be not living by the word of God.

There is also the fact that the CEO has said multiple times that their franchisees should be married with children as well as believe in God to the highest extent.
Ten-fifteen years ago, the daughter of a friend got a job at a Chick-fil-a in NJ. She said that they very openly only hired Christians - it was part of the interview process.

Maybe some don't regard this as discrimination, but it seems a pretty big red flag to me.

Old 08-26-2015, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Prove that they discriminatory hiring practices. Your hearsay is irrelevant to me. And BY THE WAY, who cares what their CEO says? Is he breaking the law by saying that? Do you hate all speech that you disagree with? Denver is getting sued because they have explicitly made it known that their refusal to normal-track the leasing process stems from the views ie opinions ie personal beliefs of the founder which he has a right to express. On the other hand, a government does not have the right to discriminate because of those beliefs, ergo, Chick Fil A is getting a fat paycheck.
Really?

Has the lawsuit been filed or is this just so much more hearsay or maybe wishful thinking?

The city council tabled the decision for TWO WEEKS to do further investigation.

But, don't let the truth get in the way of more propaganda.

Old 08-26-2015, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
Exactly. What if the council didn't want the image of being inclusive. Should they stop gay people from opening a restaurant. Or what if they didn't like Jewish beliefs. I am amazed at Tiger Lily's position.
It is good to be inclusive as long as you don't agree with what is being excluded.
So you would be okay with a business not adhering to the hiring practices of the municipality in which they opened?

Old 08-26-2015, 08:10 AM

3,887 posts, read 5,743,425 times
You know it is funny to me how many liberals are trying to defend the city council, at the end of the day the city is discriminating against a company due to religion, last I checked that was 100% against the constitution, and they should all be removed and Chick-fil-a should be granted their lease immediately. Even slowing it down due to their religious beliefs and treating them differently is against the law and the city council should suffer the consequences.

Old 08-26-2015, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Ten-fifteen years ago, the daughter of a friend got a job at a Chick-fil-a in NJ. She said that they very openly only hired Christians - it was part of the interview process.

Maybe some don't regard this as discrimination, but it seems a pretty big red flag to me.
Hearsay, and last I checked chick-fil-a has never lost a lawsuit based on discrimination, if it was that rampant than where have the lawsuits been? You cannot convict someone on hearsay, you need proof, and I have yet to see anyone furnish that. Which means the only ones discriminating are the Denver city council, specifically based on religion and putting it out there in a press release is even dumber than the act itself.

Quote:
Really?

Has the lawsuit been filed or is this just so much more hearsay or maybe wishful thinking?

The city council tabled the decision for TWO WEEKS to do further investigation.

But, don't let the truth get in the way of more propaganda.
Irony at it's finest, hearsay is what you base your whole standing on that it is okay that the city council discriminates against Chick-fil-a

Last edited by jwiley; 08-26-2015 at 08:26 AM..

Old 08-26-2015, 08:17 AM

Quote:
So you would be okay with a business not adhering to the hiring practices of the municipality in which they opened?
Show me any document from chick-fil-a or lawsuit showing that is the case with them, and than we can have that discussion. You know based on facts instead of hate for a religion.

Old 08-26-2015, 08:24 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,454,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwiley View Post
You know it is funny to me how many liberals are trying to defend the city council, at the end of the day the city is discriminating against a company due to religion,
I don't see much support from liberals for the city council. If Chick-Fil-A had a history of lawsuits or breaking lease covenants then council would have a case but they don't.

Old 08-26-2015, 08:26 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,150,874 times
Quote:

A cousins, grand step niece on his mother's side told me they didn't.

Old 08-26-2015, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
I don't see much support from liberals for the city council.
I do, but then I live an hour from the airport, I get the same news channels and radio stations, and there are plenty of posts in this thread defending the city council.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies