Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2015, 07:43 PM

3,978 posts, read 4,576,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
I am an immigrant to US from Asia, and this is my view...

Any couple visiting US for the sole purpose of having a baby to secure his/her US Birth Certificate, is wrong. These couples once given birth, fly back to their home country immediately with their baby and the US Birth Certificate in hand.

The US born child does all his schooling in his home country, and often times comes to US for their undergrad or grad education. After graduation they could run for US Office, a country that has been alien to them all those years.

What if in those years away from US, the child was indoctrinated and is now a Jihadist? This child did not grow up listening to the Star Spangled Banner being played at a ball field? Has no cultural ties to US but is eligible for the highest Office?

Its nothing but abuse of an overly generous system.
Yeah, like someone who grew up outside America to non-American parents can relate to Americans and convince them to vote for him/her. Even third generation Americans born and raised in America have problem doing that. The chance that some Jihadist raised outside of the United States to non-American parents achieving it is virtually zero.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2015, 07:45 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Geez...now we're gonna start pitting Asians against Hispanics just because a Bush said something stupid.

Either you're for anchor babies and birthright citizenship, or you're not. If you're making exceptions for one group, then you've gotta make 'em for every group.
Exactly!

If you use anchor baby term, use it for all.

although it is very OBVIOUS that Jeb Bush throws Asian-Americans under the bus. Asians votes are irrelevant, I am sure if he needs 47% Chinese or Asian votes in order to win, he'd never use that term for Asians.

Old 08-25-2015, 07:46 PM

424 posts, read 430,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker15 View Post
What are the chances that any of these Asian "Anchor Babies" becomes a burden to the American Government or the American society?

What are the chances that these Asians become violent criminals? What are the chances that any of them will need to rely on government handouts?

Chances are, in 30 years, virtually all of them are going to be highly educated and big tax payers, not to mention that if they do choose to live in America, their parents will be spending $$$$$ for their living expenses, education, cars, houses, vacations, etc. right here in America, thus creating jobs for Americans.

Can anyone, including Jeb Bush, say the same about Hispanic babies born in America?

Not to mention that the number of Asian "Anchor Babies" is very minuscule in comparison to Hispanic "Anchor Babies."

Is Jeb:

1) not smart enough to figure this out; or

2) racist against Asians?

Asians of all our minorities here in America are most often the most law abiding and productive. usually they are also politically conservative and believe in the old-fashioned American work ethic So the chances of their offspring becoming criminals are low. Far lower than those of Mexican anchor babies. (Yes, illegal Mexican immigrants use the Anchor Baby law too. I'm sure why you chose to use Asians as your example.) Look up the crime stats. Asians are basically not even represented. There are probably 30 times more Hispanics in our country's jails and prisons than Asians. Even if you go per capita instead of gross numbers.
And we all know that per capita Blacks lead the stats for incarcerated males.

The Anchor Baby law has to change; its not fair. just like giving illegal aliens health care. I heard the other day on the radio that a town in California elected an illegal alien (which is only a liberal euphenism for the word "criminal") to their City Council!!

Wow. Just, plain old, Wow. Yet another sign the Apocalypse is upon us, my friends! LOL

Old 08-25-2015, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Southpaw View Post
Asians of all our minorities here in America are most often the most law abiding and productive. usually they are also politically conservative and believe in the old-fashioned American work ethic So the chances of their offspring becoming criminals are low. Far lower than those of Mexican anchor babies. (Yes, illegal Mexican immigrants use the Anchor Baby law too. I'm sure why you chose to use Asians as your example.) Look up the crime stats. Asians are basically not even represented. There are probably 30 times more Hispanics in our country's jails and prisons than Asians. Even if you go per capita instead of gross numbers.
And we all know that per capita Blacks lead the stats for incarcerated males.

The Anchor Baby law has to change; its not fair. just like giving illegal aliens health care. I heard the other day on the radio that a town in California elected an illegal alien (which is only a liberal euphenism for the word "criminal") to their City Council!!

Wow. Just, plain old, Wow. Yet another sign the Apocalypse is upon us, my friends! LOL
Can someone please explain to The_Southpaw what's going on and what this thread is all about?

I feel embarrassed for him.

Old 08-25-2015, 07:51 PM

I'd say this, Mexicans have been singled out when we talk about "illegal immigrants"

If Asians take advantage the system, yes the issue should be addressed as well.

I don't care if these people are rich, you take advantage the system, you need to pay a price. Poor, rich, doesn't matter.

However, in this case, Jeb Bush is not being fair and balanced. He needs that 47% Hispanic vote, backpedaling is always pathetic.

If you used that term, own it.

Old 08-25-2015, 07:52 PM

For the rest of you who do not know what's this post is all about, please google "Jeb Bush Asian Anchor Babies" for recent event articles.

Old 08-25-2015, 07:54 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sj7qTXBh6dc

"Frankly, it is more related to Asian people."

This is just sad.

Old 08-25-2015, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I'd say this, Mexicans have been singled out when we talk about "illegal immigrants"

If Asians take advantage the system, yes the issue should be addressed as well.
That's like saying "If we want to talk about death by violence, we also need to talk about death by cobra snake bites as well."

Do you see the difference? The former result in hundreds or thousands of death per year while the latter maybe about two dozens per year.

Old 08-25-2015, 07:59 PM

Quote:
That's like saying "If we want to talk about death by violence, we also need to talk about death by cobra snake bites as well."

Do you see the difference? The former result in hundreds or thousands of death per year while the latter maybe about two dozens per year.
well, I don't want to single somebody out, although I do see your point.

I hope we can clearly see what this particular politician (Jeb Bush) is doing to us.

I am not a big China fan, and I am not going to defend chinese /asian anchor babies (I don't have much experience/knowledge of that). But this is irrelevant.

Be fair and balanced. It is not MORE of an Asian problem, Jeb Bush singled one group out and played favoritism. I find him disgusting.

Old 08-25-2015, 08:00 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,565,274 times
Quote:

This reminded me of deaths by Islamic terrorism vs all other religions combined. Such an apt comparison.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies