Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2015, 06:51 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
OK, great. There's a start. I'm sure you conservatives will get right on that, since you've been at the forefront and so supportive of healthcare reform in general, right?
Sorry, I've realized that there is no discussing things with those with such a narrow minded viewpoint.

What makes me a conservative? Being for universal health care? Being against the death penalty? Being against our useless wars? A desire to see all income taxes as income equally?

Old 08-27-2015, 06:54 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
He was Sandra Bland with a gun and nothing more than another Dylan Roof.

A Black or White racist who had a victim mentality.

Old 08-27-2015, 06:55 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,582,210 times
The sick dad is pushing gun control just 24 hours after his daughter died.

Old 08-27-2015, 07:04 AM

5,113 posts, read 5,969,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by db108108 View Post
Yes, I'm sure that the father and boyfriend were in on a conspiracy to have her killed live on camera so they could get on FNC to talk about gun restrictions. The long con. Maybe she was in on it too?

You gun nuts are astounding. Jesus. Can we put you all on an island where you can have all the guns you want?
I didn't say anything about a conspiracy. I have my opinion of what I saw after the Sandy Hook shooting and now the Virgina shooting.

Did the parents of dead children from Sandy Hook talk about gun control within hours after their children were killed? Answer = Yes

Did the parents of dead children from Sandy Hook become anti-gun activists and speak publicly about gun control? Answer = Yes

Did the father and boyfriend from the Virgina shooting talk about gun control within hours after the death? Answer = yes

Did the Parents of dead children from Sandy Hook and the father and boyfriend of the reporter act like normal people when interviewed immediately after the death of their loved ones? Answer = No

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=al8Vo3e1m80

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMEJshK4lEo

Old 08-27-2015, 07:04 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,539,703 times
When will this be classified as a hate crime?

Old 08-27-2015, 07:09 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,700,705 times
Is our foreign policy as a nation based upon a "victim mentality"? Do you support a foreign policy based upon the victim mentality....ie....drone bombings, invading other nations, putting sanctions on other nations, preemptive strikes and such?

Is there a conservative out there willing to answer that? Don't conservatives see America as "victims" or potential victims and hence promote a doctrine of bombings, invasions, wars, sanctions and such.....to prevent America from being "victims"? Explain the seeming contradiction to your aversion to this "victim mentality"....while being a card carrying conservative who exude the victim mentality in regards to terrorism and terrorist.....as blacks do against racism and racist.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 08-27-2015 at 07:20 AM..

Old 08-27-2015, 07:10 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,577,041 times
This was a workplace shooting plain and simple by a clearly disturbed individual who at least had enough sense to kill himself after committing his senseless violent act, saving the VA taxpayer from trying and executing his sorry arse.

I am not against gun control but I can't see how it figures into this incident any more than any Saturday night shooting in DC, Detroit or St Louis.

Old 08-27-2015, 07:15 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
To an extent - sane people always thing murder or terrorism is "senseless". It just gets OLD,OLD,OLD for the KneeJerk - AutoPilot "heinous, senseless violence" response. The little 9 year old girl that was Murdered while doing her homework by a drive by shooter in Ferguson was "senseless violence", but a well planned/well executed Murder this today ...... I don't think so.

He said why he did it - 26 pages of rambling mental looney. He was a Nutter just as the Mass Murders are Nutters. In South Carolina - the Murderer was called a Racist and an old Civil War Era Battle Flag was blamed. This guy had a tattoo of Superman on his arm - should be blame (and then ban) Superman?

Odd coincidence about this "senseless violence" this morning - turns out that the Killer had a 2+ year Grudge against BOTH the Cameraman AND the Reporter. Add to that - it was the Reporter's last day at that Station before moving to South Carolina. They were shot at 6:45 in the morning and the Killer had his Manifesto ready to FAX and his Video of the Execution ready to post to Facebook ..... while he was tweeting as fast as he could about his "racist" accusations.

Pretty well prepared for his "senseless violence.
Just "luck" that he happened on them at O-Dark-30 for a little "senseless violence"?
Clearly there is a disconnect here. First, senseless, means it doesn't make sense. To sane people. If you are insane, it might make sense to you. Otherwise, senseless.

Secondly, this is the second time you said that it was the reporter's last day at the station. This is incorrect. The cameraman's fiancee was moving to South Carolina. The cameraman planned on following her.

Insane people can make plans. It doesn't make their actions reasonable or sensible.

Old 08-27-2015, 07:28 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
I didn't say anything about a conspiracy. I have my opinion of what I saw after the Sandy Hook shooting and now the Virgina shooting.

Did the parents of dead children from Sandy Hook talk about gun control within hours after their children were killed? Answer = Yes

Did the parents of dead children from Sandy Hook become anti-gun activists and speak publicly about gun control? Answer = Yes

Did the father and boyfriend from the Virgina shooting talk about gun control within hours after the death? Answer = yes

Did the Parents of dead children from Sandy Hook and the father and boyfriend of the reporter act like normal people when interviewed immediately after the death of their loved ones? Answer = No

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=al8Vo3e1m80

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMEJshK4lEo
There is a wide range of normal reactions to a tragedy. Maybe your parameters for "normal reaction" are too narrow. And from what you've posted, it seems like a normal reaction to having one's children shot dead by someone of questionable mental status is to wonder how the person of questionable mental status got hold of the gun in the first place.

Old 08-27-2015, 07:36 AM

15,626 posts, read 10,380,316 times
Flanagan hated white people, but he was also obviously very mentally ill as almost all, if not all, of these mass murders are.

It is very disturbing that some comments attribute or justify this madman's acts because he was black and a victim of racist white people. They are blaming the innocent victims of this terrible crime. Very disturbing mindset.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies