Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 02:49 PM

4,040 posts, read 2,555,287 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Under the communism some Democrats want to live under we can all live in hell on earth together?

Simple question, why should someone with lots of education working 80 hours a week see no benefit in their work compared to some second grade drop out who doesn't want to work hard?
I'm sorry, but this is completely off topic.

This thread has nothing to do with the merits of Sander's platform or other beliefs.

The point was made that all of the politicians are bought and paid for by big money. This is why regardless of whether an (R) or a (D) wins, we see the same old crap going on in Washington. The promises they make are nothing more than pandering to a specific group to garner votes. They never intend to deliver when the issue is in direct opposition to the powers that be.

EDIT:

Last edited by chadgates; 08-26-2015 at 03:06 PM.. Reason: I realize that by the title of the thread, this is indeed on topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2015, 02:59 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Think about living in a swing state. Think about that much money being spent to communicate with you.

That sort of money could be spent much better-dealing with veterans hospitals, subsidizing technological research.

Know what it says to me? Taxes arent high enough on some folks. When they spend billions to harass folks.
ooh brother..

Now all of a sudden, money that people CHOOSE to give to candidates, somehow become the governments money, to do whatever they want with, like veterans hospitals etc..

Why dont we just give all money to the government, and then everyone can get welfare.. yeah, you'll be thrilled..

Old 08-26-2015, 03:10 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,680,664 times
Here is a idea be informed on what LIBERTY is and when political parties ignore the OATH to the constitution and look to increase government power and using tax payer funds for anything that is not in the constitution you get them removed. That person should be voted out of office and or impeached. If you think money via tax payer funds is going to CHANGE the voting process this is more of the problem. You can't change stupid people. NO IRS, no department of Education, no EPA , no regulations on businesses and no tax breaks, loop holes and benefits to businesses. WHY because they are not in the constitution, all laws not written and described by the constitution are to be sent to the states. Rights like individual liberties, 1st, 2nd etc amendments are FULLY enforced at the federal level. If want to change the constitution on something you think the people will agree with have a constitutional hearing/convention to amend and secure individual rights which could be destroyed and or violated BY states or the federal government!
The constitution is to tell the government what it can not do, not what welfare and warfare program it wants to create.

Old 08-26-2015, 03:48 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
billions will be spent this next election. Not millions, Billions. Its a inefficient use of capital.
It is, but isn't it a good thing to get that money out into circulation? It's great for the economy.

Old 08-26-2015, 03:50 PM

5,301 posts, read 2,352,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
Get rid of the Constitution?
I sort of posted that to be funny...but yeah, I was serious. There will always be corruption. If you have a government, people will try to use it to their advantage. I think it's naive to think that writing rules on a piece of paper will stop politicians and their friends from making deals. The constitution was a great step in the right direction, but was destined to fail. Jefferson, Adams, and other founders knew the constitution wouldn't stop politicians from buying votes, or stop people from selling their liberties for goodies.

Old 08-26-2015, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Think about living in a swing state. Think about that much money being spent to communicate with you.

That sort of money could be spent much better-dealing with veterans hospitals, subsidizing technological research.
But it isn't.

Quote:
Know what it says to me? Taxes arent high enough on some folks. When they spend billions to harass folks.
Taxes will just go to financing of the wars. I'd rather see the local printer get the business.

Old 08-26-2015, 03:53 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
Why not? You want a state run system of production and distribution of that production? Government more and more want to be middleman between people and income. That equal control of the maddening masses. In one way or the another nothing is ever free.

Old 08-26-2015, 03:56 PM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times
I am not concerned with how much money the rich people have. I just want a decent wage to live my life. The IBEW has assured that for me, but I worry about coming generations.

I don't think we should screw with people who have a lot of money, just make it more difficult for them to take advantage of the working man.

-strict penalties for hiring illegals. Nationwide e-verify and automatic prison sentences for any manager who has any knowledge of illegals in their employ.

-Generous tax benefits for employers who hire and provide good benefits for their employees. Big tax penalties for employers who outsource IT, manufacturing ect.

Just a couple of ideas.

Old 08-26-2015, 04:04 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,955,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I am not concerned with how much money the rich people have.
You should be. Money means power and influence, and power and influence is a zero sum game. It comes at the expense of your power and influence.

Old 08-26-2015, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
You should be. Money means power and influence, and power and influence is a zero sum game. It comes at the expense of your power and influence.
1 vote =1 vote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies