Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2015, 07:42 AM

4,529 posts, read 5,137,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vistas View Post
I've received like 10 new reps for this thread, yet only a couple of posts support me. This shows there's fear of speaking out about this, even online. Don't be afraid they'll call you a racist. THEY are the REAL racists.
The guy that called you a racist was sarcasm.

Your drawing of parallels between the Zimmerman/Martin case and rap music is nonsensical and silly.

And BTW the kind of rap that N.W.A. made is kind of dead. That style of rap is long past. The style is more of an underground thing now. Lumping all rap music in a collective bin is an ignorant thing to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2015, 07:47 AM

4,529 posts, read 5,137,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
Like I said, it is "make work". Urban youth have to spend their welfare dollars somewhere.
Rappers make the bulk of their money from white middle-class and upper-class suburban teens and young adults. Not from urban city dwellers. Be careful your presupposed prejudices are showing.

Old 08-27-2015, 07:48 AM

1,167 posts, read 2,170,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
Like I said, it is "make work". Urban youth have to spend their welfare dollars somewhere.
The funny thing is, the majority of people who consume hip hop are white. If only because there are more of them in the states.

Old 08-27-2015, 07:49 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,820,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
Rappers make the bulk of their money from white middle-class and upper-class suburban teens and young adults. Not from urban city dwellers. Be careful your presupposed prejudices are showing.
Right, because those urban city dwellers were buying burned copies of music instead of paying for it.

Old 08-27-2015, 08:09 AM

2,643 posts, read 2,623,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I ban what I please with my 6 year old. I ban (c)rap and that's the way it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Live under my roof my rules, ride in my car my rules.
This attitude is pretty funny. If you feel the need to "ban" things that a six year old likely isn't even interested in at this age, then it's going to be a long teenage era for you.

Old 08-27-2015, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Right, because those urban city dwellers were buying burned copies of music instead of paying for it.
Yes...white kids never illegally downloaded music.

Old 08-27-2015, 08:21 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post

Yep. I spun a lot of hip hop in the local clubs around here in my time as a DJ, and most of the crowds were primarily white! Hip hop songs are what packed the dance floors the most.

Old 08-27-2015, 08:22 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,820,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMSS View Post
Yes...white kids never illegally downloaded music.
So if white kids were illegally downloading music how were they paying to fund rap music as was previously stated?

Old 08-27-2015, 08:24 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times
Quote:

When I was a DJ I burned tons of songs to play in the clubs! If the record companies had a problem, then screw 'em! As a DJ playing their s*** that means exposure for them! I don't do it anymore, as I'm out of the game, and if I want to listen to music, I can go on You Tube and find any song I want when "playing DJ" for the family at home. Much wider range of music in my selection at home BTW.

Old 08-27-2015, 08:36 AM

Quote:
So if white kids were illegally downloading music how were they paying to fund rap music as was previously stated?
It's hard explaining things to people who honestly believe every member of one race behaves the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies