Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2015, 09:33 PM

884 posts, read 716,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Ethics. Get some.

Whites aren't perfect. No race is. But their percentage of imperfection in regards to poverty, unwed births, violence, etc. is significantly lower given their percentage of the population.

My all-time favorite quote:

"It's not burn baby burn, but learn baby learn, so that you can earn baby earn." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

I've never understood why the African-American community didn't/doesn't take that advice. It's exactly what I taught my kids. And they learned. And they now earn, BIG time.

I have always believed that if we could take a one parent teenager who lives in the hood, trailer, barrios etc with a mile long rap sheet and could start over with a whole family, proper schooling etc that boys live would be a different story.

I agree with you 100% Education. A stable family helps too but Education is the key.

Old 09-01-2015, 12:36 AM

14,773 posts, read 21,494,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
rubbish, just more excuses to fall back as to why blacks are under performing. i said NOTHING about white supremacy, in fact i dont believe one race is superior to another, so lets get off the thought that one race is superior to another shall we? because if you believe that, then its all in your head not mine.

and there have been plenty of examples of successful blacks, obama for instance, or dr carson, or herman cain, just to name a few. or how about the tuskegee airmen? also known as the 332nd fighter group. to date as far as i know the ONLY fighter group to NEVER LOSE a bomber to enemy fighters, EVER!!

so we know that blacks can succeed, and at a very high level. so why is it that some blacks turn out great and others not so much? dont think this is a white vs black thing either, many whites dont succeed because they also dont put their best foot forward. but then i dont hear the downtrodden whites calling for more help from other communities either.

i also dont hear poor whites calling for reparations for wrongs done their ancestors in the past either.

so again, stop crying about things that happened more than 150 years ago, and get on with life.
Yeah, i honestly don't see how the fact that your great-great-great grandfather was a slave has any affect on how your life will be.

Old 09-01-2015, 01:50 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
They must demand it, and receive it, for society to achieve the goal of equal group outcomes. Maybe this is the wrong goal?
equal outcomes is in fact the wrong goal. equal opportunities should be the goal in a free society. equal outcomes means everyone is the same. equal opportunity means everyone can make themselves anything they want to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxx View Post
So you honestly think things that happened in the past don't affect opinions and views of today. Get a grip.

Do you tell Jews to get over the Holocaust? No you don't.
no i dont tell jews to get over the holocaust, because they have already moved on from that. they remember it happened, and they keep alive the fact that it happened, but they dont let is cloud their future. the things in the past that affect what happens today, are the things in ones personal past, not their ancestors.

if i were a business owner looking to hire someone, i am not going to ask them of their ancestors were slaves or not, because IT DOESNT MATTER. on the other hand i WILL ask them questions that do matter, have YOU ever been arrested, convicted, spent time in jail, and for what crimes? etc. i really dont care about what the parents or grandparents did.

certainly remember the past, but move on from that past, especially if you were not a part of that past. unless you were born more than 150 years ago, you were never a slave.

Old 09-01-2015, 02:59 AM

89,000 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
My Facts are common sense. NO PEOPLE VOTE FOR THEIR WORST INTEREST....UNLESS THEY ARE STUPID!!
There you go again, inferring Blacks are inferior.

Perhaps they should heed the experience of the younger and more educated Blacks moving to the South for better opportunities (according to the US Census). Better opportunities does not mean exploitable labor.

Old 09-01-2015, 03:06 AM

24,404 posts, read 26,946,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
I've read that African Americans should straighten out our own problems and I genuinely believe there is a great deal of truth in that statement, but since we haven't come up with a workable solution, I was wondering if white people would be so kind as to tell us how white people solved the problems of violence, guns, criminality, unwed mothers and welfare dependency amongst white people.

While I am patiently await your suggestions, let me just say thank you in advance.
It really comes down to parenting, but how to change the culture in poverty stricken areas is another million dollar question. It should start with not blaming racism for all their problems. Carson released a long solution on this issue that I agree with. You can look it up.

Old 09-01-2015, 03:08 AM

89,000 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
Perhaps that explains why unemployment amongst black college graduates is twice as high as whites, college graduates.
That's because Blacks are far more likely to attend low-quality colleges, due to their lower prior academic proficiency levels:
Quote:
Quote:
"Black Americans have a distinctly worse experience than other racial groups in terms of college quality. This is not to say the problem is solely with the college system: the gaps reflect the accumulated disadvantages of the prior eighteen years. But it serves as a stark reminder of the depth of the challenge."
Black Students at Top Colleges: Exceptions, Not the Rule

Old 09-01-2015, 03:50 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,704,134 times
Quote:
There you go again, inferring Blacks are inferior.

Perhaps they should heed the experience of the younger and more educated Blacks moving to the South for better opportunities (according to the US Census). Better opportunities does not mean exploitable labor.
Obviously you are covert about your conclusion, which is that you think blacks cannot pick what is best for them, unlike white people. You are not going to say that because it would require courage and you fear the moral injury. Me....on the other hand will overtly call your covert attempt.....RACIST in effect, if not intent.

Old 09-01-2015, 04:07 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:
I've read that African Americans should straighten out our own problems and I genuinely believe there is a great deal of truth in that statement, but since we haven't come up with a workable solution, I was wondering if white people would be so kind as to tell us how white people solved the problems of violence, guns, criminality, unwed mothers and welfare dependency amongst white people.

While I am patiently await your suggestions, let me just say thank you in advance.

White people don`t have the luxury of being able to blame others for our failings.

Ordinary whites are held to a strict standard of accountability by society and the state.

This rigorous standard of accountability combined with legal, state-sanctioned discrimination against whites, and white males particularly, has made failings of the sort common to blacks far too costly for whites to allow in their own lives.

It`s apples and oranges.

Old 09-01-2015, 04:32 AM

4,983 posts, read 3,290,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Do you or do you not think blacks choosing to democrat is an inferior decision/choice? If you believe yes, then you believe blacks to be inferior intellectually to the degree that they do not even know what is best for them, which is a long held belief in the doctrine of white supremacy (over blacks).
Even a broken clock is right two times a day.

Yes voting democrat is an inferior decision/choice. If the shoe fits.

Stupid ass arguement anyway but of course that is the democrat motto. If you aren't down with the struggle you are with the nazis.

Again voting democrat is an inferior decision/choice.

Old 09-01-2015, 04:45 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,301,605 times
Quote:

Number one, learn to speak the language. It isn't "axe" or "axed" it is "ask" and "asked." And, listening to Kanye West, "We don't gots ..." "I'm not no ... " "We not gonna ..." Hearing someone speak that ways says one thing: IGNORANCE

If you want an example to follow, try following Army Lieutenant Colonel Allen West. Emulate him. There are dozens of others as well. Quit making heroes out of ignorant rappers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies