Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2015, 11:21 AM

10,823 posts, read 14,895,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
Totally agree and I voted for the BS artist once. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. At least I wised up and voted for Romney in 2012. Now it's time to give a non career politician like Trump a shot at fixing this mess...
What excites me most about the possibility of a Trump Presidency, a possibility that while not sure is looking more likely with every passing day, is how the Washington Bureaucratic establishment will take it. Like the IRS, will they audit Trump's returns?

What we need is a total seismic jolt similar to what Reagan did with the PATCO union members; fire the entire mess of them. Every last one gets let out to find a job in private industry for a change.

That all said it is a long, long time to November, 2016.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2015, 12:11 PM

13,899 posts, read 6,420,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
You sound like liberals who complain about Reagan. Reagan adopted a disaster created by the other party and fixed it with the best tools for those issues.

Likewise, Obama came in and fixed the problems we hired him to fix that the other party created, and all you radical ideologues do is complain because he didn't do it the way you wanted.

There's many different ways to fix problems and we are light years ahead of where we were in 2008 in terms of foreign policy, military effectiveness, and economy.

Grow up. It's not about you.
What a joke of a partisan post. The "other" party created the mess eh? Meanwhile it was the Clinton admin that singed in NAFTA, the China agreement and repealed Glass_Steagall. I would call that bipartisan, not the other party created it. Let's face it, it's the Globalist Progressives in both parties that created the mess and one got voted in twice to "try" and fix it, he didn't fix anything, made it ten times worse.

Old 08-31-2015, 12:22 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,911,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi60 View Post
Nuanced mine???

Seriously, wake up and smell the coffee!

Next time, I pray America will vote for someone who has earned their way in life with intelligence and leadership skills. Hopefully, he will soon rejoin his Chicago "church" and become a forgotten part of history.
Being the editor of the Yale Law Review is more intellectual than anything anyone on the GOP side has done. As for leadership, he got health care reform passed -- something presidents have been trying to do for 70 years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
He never taught anything and we don't even know what his grades were. Stop the BS lying.
His formal title was "senior lecturer," but the University of Chicago Law School says he "served as a professor" and was "regarded as" a professor.You are right about grades, you aren't entitled to them.

What we do know is that Mr. Obama took honors course during his senior year. Colleges reserve those for their best students.

Old 08-31-2015, 12:26 PM

25,795 posts, read 16,443,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Face it, liberals and Democrats! Barack Obama simply couldn't pull off that Hope N' Change thing!

You were duped! You were bamboozled! You marched right off the cliff behind him!

Hope N Change baby! Someone grab me a bumper sticker!

We know you liberals will say "But, but, but....what about George W. Bush!" I'll remind you that Barack Obama was hired on the premise of providing HOPE and CHANGING things to rid America of the Bush years.

Well, American's have said, repeatedly, for 6+ straight years that the country is on the wrong track under Barack Obama.

For the clueless, that means the HOPE and CHANGE thing ain't working out!

It would be funny if we weren't talking about the future of the United States of America.

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - Direction of Country

Right Direction or Wrong Track - Rasmussen Reportsâ„¢
He renamed a mountain though.

Old 08-31-2015, 12:26 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,678,871 times
Quote:
What a joke of a partisan post. The "other" party created the mess eh? Meanwhile it was the Clinton admin that singed in NAFTA, the China agreement and repealed Glass_Steagall. I would call that bipartisan, not the other party created it. Let's face it, it's the Globalist Progressives in both parties that created the mess and one got voted in twice to "try" and fix it, he didn't fix anything, made it ten times worse.
One can go way back years before Carter, but Democrats had pretty wide control and the reality is interest and tax rates were out of control before Reagan took over and he fixed them.

Bush and Republicians had complete control for 6 years to fix problems from prior administrations, but they just sent us deeper down until Obama came in and fixed the mess.

Probably the least partisan post on here but I'm curious, if an economy that is growing and foreign military excursions kept under control but effective is bad, what do you consider a good president?

Old 08-31-2015, 12:27 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,096,171 times
Quote:
Those things you mentioned are free market ideals. I thought conservatives loved the free market?

Old 08-31-2015, 12:29 PM

16,757 posts, read 8,170,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
Totally agree and I voted for the BS artist once. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. At least I wised up and voted for Romney in 2012. Now it's time to give a non career politician like Trump a shot at fixing this mess...
The only thing Trump will fix is his business, anything else that people think will change will not happen.
We are on the right track with more changes needed.

He(Trump) has fooled many already.

Old 08-31-2015, 12:30 PM

68,299 posts, read 54,193,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi60 View Post
Nuanced mine???

Seriously, wake up and smell the coffee!

Next time, I pray America will vote for someone who has earned their way in life with intelligence and leadership skills. Hopefully, he will soon rejoin his Chicago "church" and become a forgotten part of history.
When do we get anyone running with those qualities?

Old 08-31-2015, 12:31 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,429,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Well, American's have said, repeatedly, for 6+ straight years that the country is on the wrong track under Barack Obama.
Really? Obama was re-elected in 2012.

Old 08-31-2015, 12:33 PM

20,170 posts, read 24,279,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
When do we get anyone running with those qualities?
Never. We're all too busy posting on C-D.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies