Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2015, 05:36 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,553,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
I believe you are correct and by doing so she is not discriminating against anyone.
sure, that's one way to look at it (nice spin)

in reality, she's not doing her job. I hope she gets fined and thrown in jail.

Old 09-01-2015, 05:41 PM

4,529 posts, read 5,137,340 times
The long and short of it is she has exhausted all of her legal options at this point. She must abide by the court's rulings or she's breaking the law. Religious belief does not exempt one from due process. Due process she has been given. If she wants to she case bring a case against the government for violating here Constitutional rights. Until then she has to abide by the law of the land.

Old 09-01-2015, 05:49 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,939,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post

Also, anyone heard of "civil disobedience"? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_...ience_(Thoreau)

The clerk was within her right to engage in civil disobedience. ... I do wonder just how much harassment this clerk, others in her office and their families may have suffered.

I call B.S. !!!

Civil disobedience is when citizens are wronged and their constitutional rights are abridged.

Kim is an elected government official who is discriminating against certain citizens - whose tax dollars pay her salary - and depriving them of their constitutional rights.

It's George Wallace standing at the entrance of the public school vowing that no black children shall enter. "Segregation yesterday, segregation today, segregation forever!!!"

No one denied Kim the right to marry 4 TIMES and get 3 divorces ... it's her legal right.

Does the "Rule Of Law" matter to people who want to humiliate and disrespect people who do not agree with her personal religious doctrines and dogmas?

Oh, she's trying to play the "martyr." She's probably line up a "Go Fund Me" account and start getting paid for speaking engagements.

Old 09-01-2015, 05:54 PM

2,055 posts, read 1,448,266 times
I read where she has been married and divorced 4 times. I do not know the accuracy of that statement. Having said that, the person being critical of the number of marriages she has/has not had is apparently unaware of the Law of Divorce found in the Book of Deuteronomy.

I'm still interested to see what the judge does on Thursday ... and even more so to see just which law enforcement agency tries to enforce a negative ruling if there is one. Since it's a Federal District Judge making the decision ... she would have to remanded to a Federal pokey. The news report talked about a circus atmosphere outside the court house today. Thursday should bea "REALLY BIG SHEEEEEEEEEW".

El Nox

Old 09-01-2015, 05:55 PM

34,037 posts, read 17,050,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post

That will no doubt occur. This carries a 6 month term. The question is if each refusal will be subject to consecutive or concurrent sentences.

6 months..heck she'd be married 3 times during that timespan..based on her illicit history..so biblical.

Old 09-01-2015, 05:58 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,348,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
She is not performing her sworn duties.
she's not discriminating.

Old 09-01-2015, 05:59 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,348,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post

For what? why would she go to jail? why would you want her to? she isn't hurting anyone.

Old 09-01-2015, 06:00 PM

34,037 posts, read 17,050,952 times
Quote:
For what? why would she go to jail? .

Contempt of Court. We cage law breakers, and that is the law of the land.

Old 09-01-2015, 06:07 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,118,354 times
Quote:
For what? why would she go to jail? why would you want her to? she isn't hurting anyone.
She's hurting the people who want to get married.

Old 09-01-2015, 06:07 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,291,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Contempt of Court. We cage law breakers, and that is the law of the land.
The attorneys of the gay couples she turned away are asking that she be fined, rather than jailed. There's no need to make this idiot into a martyr. Just fine her every day she doesn't comply until there's no more religious conservatives willing to fund her and she's threathened with losing her double-wide.

The federal judge that she faces on Thursday is a Republican appointee (son of former Senator and MLB Hall of Famer Jim Bunning) who already ordered her to comply before she appealed to the Supremes.

The other Kentucky County Clerk who has refused to comply was Casey County Clerk Casey Davis (no relation). Casey's been on a statewide bike trip trying to raise support for their cause. I'm not aware of his office complying either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies