Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2015, 06:38 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,746,928 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
As a Christian, she cannot support this outrageously sinful and offensive act. She respects the law of God as higher than the law of man, and is right to do so. The US Constitution and the laws of this country are of secondary importance in this instance.

She cannot accommodate these people. It is as simple as that.
I know that, as a particular brand of christian, she believes she is forbidden to engage in homosexuality. She also believes she is accountable to her deity for following this prohibition. I've got no problem with that.

What puzzles me is why she believes that she is accountable to her deity for making sure that *other* people follow this prohibition. I spent a lot of time with the bible when I was a youngster, and I can recall no instance of Jesus ever saying that each of us is not only responsible to refrain from sinning, but responsible for preventing the general public from sinning.

If she feels that she would be engaging in sin if she fulfills the requirements of her job, then her choice is clear - she should quit. Conversion literature is full of people saying "I quit my sinful ways, I'm a christian now". I've never once read a conversion story saying "I quit my sinful ways, I made everyone else quit being sinful too".

Old 09-02-2015, 06:38 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I bet they can. Remember Cliven Bundy.
They can do more than that, when an armed population organizes against oppression.
Good luck. She is ordered to appear, with all of her deputy clerks, in court tomorrow.

Old 09-02-2015, 06:39 PM

4,529 posts, read 5,138,249 times
Quote:
Imposing someones will on another person,(an elected official at that)by force and violence.
I advocate freedom and liberty, not government involvement. She cannot be forced.

1.) The County government cannot create a law that goes around the County Clerks signature.
2.) As an elected official, of the county, it is the people of the county that place her in office and remove her from office. Not some gay dude in NYC.
3.) All hell will breakout by the people of the county that elected her, to protect her in an open carry state.(ie, Cliven Bundy style)
4.) Faced with the risk of mortality, who will back down, in the land of, give me liberty or give me death.
5.) Patriots will defend from this County Clerks removal or reprimand, and especially oppression of her religion, which were part of her values of election.
So anarchy it is.

Old 09-02-2015, 06:40 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
Save the sob story. If she wasn't prepared to do her job under the law, she should quit.

I believe she has been asked more than once.

How's that working?

Old 09-02-2015, 06:41 PM

3,555 posts, read 4,095,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
So anarchy it is.
Pretty much. Conservatives despise the Constitution. Everybody knows it now.

4,529 posts, read 5,138,249 times
Quote:
I believe she has been asked more than once.

How's that working?
Check in tomorrow.

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
Quote:
If she is not doing her job, I'm sure the voters in that county, will hold her accountable...
Not some circle jerk in San Francisco.
Since when is the district court of Kentucky in San Francisco?

Old 09-02-2015, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
So anarchy it is.

Defending against all forms of federal government oppression, I guess you could call it that, if it clarifies it for you better.

One county government, against the national over reaching government... I root for the little guy.

Old 09-02-2015, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
Pretty much. Conservatives despise the Constitution. Everybody knows it now.

Show me the amendment, that made marriage a right.

Old 09-02-2015, 06:46 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,416,286 times
Quote:
If she is not doing her job, I'm sure the voters in that county, will hold her accountable...
Not some circle jerk in San Francisco.
Sorry, voters don't get to decide if they want to keep a government official that is violating the Constitution. The law doesn't work that way.

Quote:
Show me the amendment, that made marriage a right.

Pointless argument.

The issue of same sex marriage has already been decided, and this county clerk is breaking the law. Deal with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies