Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2015, 02:24 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,185,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
Yup, no surprise. It'll be interesting to see how long she can last and how long the public will care.

Old 09-03-2015, 02:25 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nox View Post
This is disgusting.

How many heads has she cut off? How many slit throats? How many burning alive? and this is just for starts. Get off your Billary terrorist bovine excrement and start using rational arguments.

El Nox
True, but you are contesting about the matter of degree.

The foundation among fundamentalists of any religious persuasion tends to be the same. I do this because my God tells me so, and my beliefs take precedence over anyone else's beliefs.

Old 09-03-2015, 02:25 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,463,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Her oath DOES contain these words: "...will faithfully execute the
duties of my office without favor, affection or partiality, so help me God."

Deciding that same-gendered couples cannot have marriage licenses would not be executing the duties of her office without partiality.

http://www.lrc.ky.gov/Statutes/statute.aspx?id=21176
Her defense is that the "so help me God" bit gives her a religious out.

Old 09-03-2015, 02:29 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Her defense is that the "so help me God" bit gives her a religious out.
It's too bad for her, then, that that defense is so weak.

She is not executing the duties of her office impartially, she was ordered to do so, she appealed, her appeal was denied, she appealed again, and she lost. Her continued refusal to do her job underscores that she does have contempt for the laws of the State of Kentucky as well as for the laws of the United States.

Old 09-03-2015, 02:30 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,279,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Yup, no surprise. It'll be interesting to see how long she can last and how long the public will care.
Probably until the legislature alters the law for her and other clerks.

Old 09-03-2015, 02:33 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,242,007 times
Religion is the Opiate of the Masses, and this woman is an ADDICT.

If she was elected in, whats the bet her fambly did it, and will do it again.

Old 09-03-2015, 02:34 PM

36,659 posts, read 67,519,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Weak argument. She's an elected official in the US and subject to Constitutional jurisdiction, which protects gay marriage.
No, the US Constitution "protects" no such thing.

What happened is a Supreme Court majority decided that they were going to change the multimillenial definition of marriage to allow persons of the same sex to marry.

Which is their prerogative based on their opinions and life experiences I suppose, but the Constitution itself does not guarantee marriage rights to anyone as marriage is supposed to be a matter of state jurisdiction.

This is an excellent article:
JURIST - There is No Constitutional Right to Marriage ... Of Any Kind

Old 09-03-2015, 02:37 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,372,422 times
Quote:
Quote:
Which shows it had nothing to do with religion at all. Since he left her off the hook.
It appears she is making a stand..along with her son who escapes such consequences (since he is a deputy)..

I'm wondering, would it it possible she is funded by some political far right activist to put her job at such risk???? I ask this with a hint of sarcasm after the interview Mike Huckabee gave on Morning Joe this morning.. His interpretations of law appears to be very selective according to ""Constitutional Law" yet he was a Governor?? Kind of makes me wonder about some of these supposed knowledgeable folks who somehow ran a STATE within the "Union" system....
Huckabee's interview actually made my jaw drop this morning.. I won't link it as I do not want to repeat it as haven't read every single post on this thread..

Oh..never mind here it is ( forgive if has already been posted )

Morning Joe - Joe Scarborough, Mika Brzezinski & Willie Geist on msnbc

Old 09-03-2015, 02:39 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,895,086 times
Quote:
Yes, but he also didn't say the law vanished either.
Right. That was my point.

Old 09-03-2015, 02:40 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,969,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Religion is the Opiate of the Masses, and this woman is an ADDICT.

If she was elected in, whats the bet her fambly did it, and will do it again.
Isn't her son one of the clerks in the same office?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies