Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2015, 02:03 PM

79,907 posts, read 43,928,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electron View Post
Correct. Sorry if I eluded to something different.
What I mean to say is, Romans 13 calls us to submit and obey all human authority. Our submission to authority is our submission to God. However, we CANNOT obey an authority who requires what God forbids, or forbids what God requires.
I can agree with that even if I'm not always perfect there.

Old 09-01-2015, 02:05 PM

50,293 posts, read 23,893,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
It requires you to be intelligent enough to see how God's word applies to your everyday life. The book was written 2000 years ago so maybe it will get you a glimpse of what life was like back then if you try hard.

But the message remains the same. Sorry if it conflicts with corrupted, sinful lifestyles.
There are few books as full of sin as the Bible.

Old 09-01-2015, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
I must have missed the part where someone was claiming Christians are perfect.
No one in their right mind would claim that.

Old 09-01-2015, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Human sacrifices? Like the ones done by the millions by Planned Parenthood, when they murder the unborn children of their mothers so that they can carve them up and sell off their body parts to the highest bidder?

Where did anything as bad as that happen in the Bible? And of course this current horrific conduct is brought to you by the American left, who is quite protective and supportive of this institutionalized mass murder scheme.
Noah's flood.

Old 09-01-2015, 02:09 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,638,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Noah's flood.
Or Job, where god kills a man's entire family because of a friendly bet with satan.

Old 09-01-2015, 02:11 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,458,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Noah's flood.
That was an act of God, not an act of man. All humans are appointed to die, and we do not know when. What is objectionable is when some humans take it upon themselves to murder other humans.

Old 09-01-2015, 02:11 PM

11,289 posts, read 26,085,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Well, this is a Democracy and with strict separation of Church and State laws (thankfully). But what I'm also thankful for is that the founders of this nation were moral people who were guided by God. Anyone who enjoys freedom and forgiveness can be thankful for that.
Where did you get that...? Most of the founding fathers were deists, with some of the most notable founding fathers like Franklin and Jefferson waging huge issues with religion and weren't afraid to voice their opposition to the church and the crippling effect that organized religion can have on the advancement of man - and their belief that it was religion itself holding humanity back.

It was very unheard of back in the day, to openly deny religion. Jefferson openly called religion "hocus pocus".

It's part of the reason they came here and started this little experiment. To escape the holds of religion.

Why else do you think the words "Jesus Christ, Christianity, Bible, Creator, Divine, and God" are never mentioned in the Constitution-- not even once

Old 09-01-2015, 02:13 PM

1,290 posts, read 2,561,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I can agree with that even if I'm not always perfect there.
You are not alone, LOL.

Quote:
There are few books as full of sin as the Bible.
And?

Old 09-01-2015, 02:17 PM

4,040 posts, read 2,540,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago60614 View Post
Where did you get that...? Most of the founding fathers were deists, with some of the most notable founding fathers like Franklin and Jefferson waging huge issues with religion and weren't afraid to voice their opposition to the church and the crippling effect that organized religion can have on the advancement of man - and their belief that it was religion itself holding humanity back.

It was very unheard of back in the day, to openly deny religion. Jefferson openly called religion "hocus pocus".

It's part of the reason they came here and started this little experiment. To escape the holds of religion.

Why else do you think the words "Jesus Christ, Christianity, Bible, Creator, Divine, and God" are never mentioned in the Constitution-- not even once

This is what non-believers like to tell themselves, but it simply isn't true.

Many of the founding fathers were very active Christians.

The part you bolded "But what I'm also thankful for is that the founders of this nation were moral people who were guided by God?" is unequivocally 100% true.

That doesn't mean they were all Christians or religious zealots, but make no mistake they acknowledged the laws of God and the hand of God in the formation of this country.

Old 09-01-2015, 02:19 PM

6,389 posts, read 4,086,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Or Job, where god kills a man's entire family because of a friendly bet with satan.
Or when god sacrificed at least 20,000 people to punish David by causing his son to rebel against him.

Or when god commanded the Israelites to kill ever man, woman, and child of the city of Jericho.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies