Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2015, 11:38 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 16 days ago)

29,543 posts, read 16,524,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Then who are the "actual people, who created the website and banners" for BLM?
Their Website lists the names, as should the letter about their "demands" a couple of threads over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2015, 11:39 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 16 days ago)

29,543 posts, read 16,524,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Black Lives Matter is basically an advocacy group against police, and also against law and order in predominately black communities. BLM is also obviously a supporter of the murder of white police officers. So they are racists as well as accessories to the murder of police officers.

And of course all of this is entirely consistent with what Democrats and the left stand for and promote in our country these days.
So you are saying white people want black people to go out and kill white people??????? thats what you are actually saying.

Old 09-01-2015, 11:50 PM

24,396 posts, read 26,928,524 times
What's funny and sad is when police stop policing, the neighborhoods that are effected the most negatively are Black communities. It's like the Black mom speaking out against Black Lives Matter saying how they don't want to face the elephant in the room that Black people in their own communities are doing the killing. A 9 year old girl was killed by a stray bullet and none of them bat an eye. After she came out and her video went viral she has been getting all types of threats from the Black community. It's quite ridiculous.

Old 09-02-2015, 04:30 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,161,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I hate when people say that and then say they support Carson or Trump. Its a distinction without a difference.

If you support either of them, then you are a Conservative who would have never voted to any Democrat.
There is a lot of people supporting Trump for the simple reason he is upsetting the cart. If the election was tomorrow I'd vote for Sanders. If Hillary won I would vote for Trump.

Explain the me the Conservatism in that position.

Old 09-02-2015, 06:22 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,248 times
Quote:
No offense, but your argument doesnt make sense.

BLM is a movement, not an organization, no different than occupy. There is no one voice and there is no true membership. all actors are technically independent.
One moron doing something does not speak for everyone who uses the hashtag #BLM.

Second, martin O'malley got booed because he like many on this site wrongly assumed that BlackLivesMatter means ONLY BlackLivesMatter, which is completely untrue. The phrase has always meant that all lives are equal, but that some feel black lives are not treated as such.

And to go even further, the Sheriff in Houston said "people keep saying black lives matter, all lives matter, well, police lives matter too. lets drop the qualifier, and just say lives matter"

If you are even saying all lives matter doesnt include police lives, then I believe you are just looking for an argument.
Convenient for you, isn't it. If #blm does what you like, it's the Real blm movement. When #blm frys cops or wants dead cops, it's not the Real #blm movement.

Old 09-02-2015, 07:08 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,512,122 times
Quote:
So you are saying white people want black people to go out and kill white people??????? thats what you are actually saying.
So you are saying Barack Obama is your messiah and you want to bear his children??????? Thats what you are actually saying.

Old 09-02-2015, 07:23 AM

15,859 posts, read 21,426,103 times
Responding to Black Lives Matter with All Lives Matter is like showing up to a Light the Night Leukemia and Lymphoma Society Walk yelling about how all cancer matters. Or responding to someone talking about suicide with all deaths matter.

Black Lives Matter is important to me because I live in a middle class diverse neighborhood and the experience of my black neighbors on a daily basis is one that is completely different than my own white experience. I've watched my black best friend get followed in a store while no one pays attention to me. I heard how a cop once spoke to her when she was driving on a road trip and I was laying down in the back seat - and I felt her pain when she explained that it wasn't an abnormal occurrence even though never once has anything like that happened to me or my family.

So if Black Lives Matters threatens you? Cool. Maybe you should examine WHY that is. And not just the handful of horrible idiots chanting anti-cop slogans. It's easier to ignore the hundreds of thousands who aren't doing that for the handful that are, right?

Old 09-02-2015, 07:26 AM

88,964 posts, read 44,771,250 times
Quote:
I hate when people say that and then say they support Carson or Trump. Its a distinction without a difference.

If you support either of them, then you are a Conservative who would have never voted to any Democrat.
Your position is that people don't alter their course of action when new information becomes known? No wonder so many are stuck in abysmal conditions, in general.

Old 09-02-2015, 07:28 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,161,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Responding to Black Lives Matter with All Lives Matter is like showing up to a Light the Night Leukemia and Lymphoma Society Walk yelling about how all cancer matters. Or responding to someone talking about suicide with all deaths matter.
Great way to point this out.

Quote:
Black Lives Matter is important to me because I live in a middle class diverse neighborhood and the experience of my black neighbors on a daily basis is one that is completely different than my own white experience. I've watched my black best friend get followed in a store while no one pays attention to me. I heard how a cop once spoke to her when she was driving on a road trip and I was laying down in the back seat - and I felt her pain when she explained that it wasn't an abnormal occurrence even though never once has anything like that happened to me or my family.

So if Black Lives Matters threatens you? Cool. Maybe you should examine WHY that is. And not just the handful of horrible idiots chanting anti-cop slogans. It's easier to ignore the hundreds of thousands who aren't doing that for the handful that are, right?
People react to their experiences as you point out. If you have lung cancer you do pay more attention to that. As you point out that doesn't mean you dont care about bone cancer.

BLM doesn't mean only BLM.

Old 09-02-2015, 07:54 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,048,116 times
DNC wanted them, and they basically told the DNC to take a hike?
How utterly embarrassing. I do have to give credit to BLM for that, despite their other faults.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies