Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2015, 10:17 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,859,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashes1 View Post
After being attacked and constantly criticized by liberals, big city cops have 2 options: 1) start looking the other way regarding black guy's committing crimes, and 2) start taking justice into my own hands----vigilante style---show the criminals that if you mess with a cop---we will take you out and a few people you love.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qolk_rDA9xU
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2015, 10:26 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,906,392 times
I think the police have incited their own hatred in the way they act toward people.

They consider anyone who isn't a cop to be a criminal. That is wrong.

Old 09-11-2015, 10:37 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,282,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
I'm happy to review any evidence and reconsider, but I don't think this is traced back to Obama.
There have been a number of high-profile killings by police of minorities in recent years that have enraged many people.

Some proved to be overblown and based on misinformation - like Ferguson. Numerous others proved to be quite chilling in their cold-blooded disregard for black lives, like the 12 year old gunned down in 2 seconds in Cleveland, the young man gunned down in Walmart talking on his cell phone, and the middle-aged man shot in the back in a park in South Carolina.

The Baltimore riots emerged from years of mistreatment by some police officers of various skin colors. Those problems predated Obama.

If anything is to blame, it's perhaps social media that moves information and rage quickly, linking what's happening elsewhere in the country and touching violent fringe elements.

Apparently, they haven't found a motive yet for that horrific Texas officer killing, but I'd be surprised if it isn't connected. Fwiw, here's an article about Obama calling the widow and offering support to protect police:

http://washingtonpost.com/news/post-...y-unacceptable

You are trying to relay facts to those who are entrenched in the fantasies which is Faux Snooze. Everything that you have said is true regarding the police getting away with murdering people particularly people of color. I remember when Johnny Gamage was killed in Pittsburgh some years ago by the police and they were let off of the hook and one was even promoted. To those who really do not believe that the police can do no wrong and are eager to blame Obama for the outgoing racial issues in this country are apparently myopic in their views of race relations in this country.

Old 09-11-2015, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericnGrl View Post
I certainly do blame Obama. The obvious glaring disparity in how he responds to deaths of individuals. First of all, when a scenario has just developed to voice an opinion before the facts have come out is wrong and as a lawyer, albeit having forfeited his membership with the bar, he would know that. I certainly hope if I were on trial that people would wait for the facts before deciding. Otherwise, how far removed are we from lynch mobs of old? Far too close for comfort is my opinion.

He has a record of making a fool of himself actually, although, narcissist that he is he would never admit it. Consistently he has "guessed wrong". Starting with Professor Gates - moving on to Trayvon Martin and Michael Brown - he's on a role.

For a person who is (realizing he doesn't seem to remember the part of his oath that said to uphold thte law/constitution) supposed to be an example, to uphold the law - to judge someone and then despite being in the opposing opinion to say "never mind the jury we'll GET HIM another way" is offensive (he's so good at judging things offensive too bad he never chooses himself to be offended by). We should ALL be frightened by a system (Obama and Holder for starters) who vows to go after someone acquitted by a jury. It's an insult to a jury who sat dutifully listening to EVIDENCE - to disregard their diligence.

In essence, Obama and the media by their conduct and comments have given a sense of "entitlement" to riot. That is certainly NOT something we would look for in a president, it should never be to legitimize or encourage violence. Communication takes many forms and NOT SAYING SOMETHING has its own message "not worth caring about/of no concern". Obama's lectures on the evil white man and the vestiges of slavery at a time when emotions are already high do nothing to bring peace. HE DOESN'T WANT PEACE THOUGH, so I am not surprised by what he does.

To send a representative to the funeral of the not-so-gentle-giant filmed on camera bully Michael Brown and then send another again on the anniversary of his demise - while barely commenting with boiler plate "too bad" rhetoric when an officer of the law is killed is unacceptable conduct. I should think it would be to all. There are a whole lot of hypocrites out there, apparently, ready to condemn any and all pigs (fry them up like bacon) but who will damn sure jack be nimble jack be quick to dial 911 if their lives are imperiled, their home invaded. I know there are rogues out there, same as any other occupation - but by and large police officers do not get up every morning plotting how many people they can jerk around and/or kill today. They, like the rest of us, want to put in their time and go home to their families at night. They do have families and lives, you know.

Obama's open-door policy with his "advisor" on race relations (Al Sharpton, a racist of long standing) says a lot. It would be like George Bush having David Duke for his advisor and frequent guest at the White House. If people want equal treatment then it should be across the board. David Duke would be unacceptable and so should Sharpton be. Instead Sharpton has his own media from which to broadcast his racially charged agenda. He still hasn't apologized for Tawana Brawley. He and Obama have that in common, neither will you see apologizing.

To demonize all, to IGNORE that they are being set up, executed, slaughtered says more about the accusers than it does about the cops. Its also interesting that Obama has a 24/7 security team protecting his sorry ass - but at every opportunity he would like to take our guns and leave us defenseless.

Lest you think me a racist - I would say I was equally disappointed in the pathetic excuse for a governor of Missouri, Jay Nixon, who came out as did Obama, not knowing the facts, vowing to go get that bad old cop. I have not been a fan of Nixons but he sealed the deal with his undermining police which went on to escalate violence against them. People seeing that the police have no support are going to see that as an invitation to seek vengeance and indeed they did.

I could go on but you get the idea, if you don't then I'm wasting my breath anyway.

Wow, it must be nice to be so clueless on so many things regarding to race relations in this country. If you are so eager to blame the present president on the state of race relations based on something that has been going on for years, why are'nt you so eager to blame past presidents for past riots? Maybe because they are white?

Old 09-11-2015, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
What does that have to do with this discussion (even if it's true)? We're talking 2015, not 1980.

Simply because nothing has changed since then

Old 09-11-2015, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Exactly.

Can anyone tell why some people have such a strong obsession with "black on black crime" but yet they never call crime against whites by whites as "white on white crime"?

Old 09-11-2015, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
What reason would you assign for all the other years I mentioned? 1930, and the Reagan years? What about 2013, when the number of those officers killed, 107, was the lowest number since (it appears from the chart) 1949?

I have no doubt that some of the recent killings (like Houston) are due to 'revenge' by twisted people who have heard about the Michael Brown situation, et al. However, I think it overly simplistic to say "Obama is responsible". If so, then he must also be responsible for the low rate of 2013.

STOP IT! Just stop making so much sense and giving credit to Obama because you are going to make some of these stupid people's head explode!

Old 09-11-2015, 11:15 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,489,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashes1 View Post
Here's some hope and change you can believe in. I remember when Americans respected authority, but now after 7 years of the "Great Community Organizer" the cops are targets. Strong work Democrats. Really hope you're happy.

Abilene officer murdered at home in planned, coordinated attack by 'multiple parties'

Words fail to describe posters who try to use tragedies like this to further their own political agenda.

Old 09-12-2015, 10:38 AM

2,643 posts, read 2,608,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericnGrl View Post
Once again FACT and EVIDENCE are of no concern to you - there is video tape of Brown stealing and assaulting a clerk. There is testimony by black witnesses that Michael Brown attacked the police officer, that he did not have his hands up and he did not say don't shoot. EVIDENCE: REAL EVIDENCE as opposed to your manufactured defense of someone who was clearly a bully. A bully by any other name (like Gentle Giant) is still a bully. that's a fact - based not on color or bias or racism ITS A FACT. Michael Brown instigated the events that lead to his demise. No one made him steal the cigars or rough up the clerk or try to get the officers gun after assaulting him. He could have walked away HE CHOSE TO DIE.

I didn't JUMP TO ANY CONCLUSION: I was going by the evidence - you oughta try it some time.
You bring everything back to Brown without considering the other cases of bad policing. While Brown may not be a sympathetic figure, the situation in Ferguson has been boiling for years. Perhaps those residents know something you don't know. Twenty five percent of the police budget comes from tickets and fines which is crazy in itself -that's just one symptom of Ferguson

Old 09-12-2015, 11:35 AM

21,402 posts, read 10,477,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sagain View Post
I wasn't comparing him with BLM at all, I was responding to a post. He still got the death penalty. I agree there are more egregious deaths.
I was making a general comment that the BLM movement would be better served if they stopped using Michael Brown as the face of their movement. It was all based on lies. There are far better incidents to use.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies