Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2015, 08:05 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,735,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It's a bigger deal because one person, one instance is rarely about that one person or instance. Few will look at the bigger picture.
and what bigger picture is that?

If coed lockerrooms were used society would crumble at the seams?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2015, 08:09 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post
and what bigger picture is that?

If coed lockerrooms were used society would crumble at the seams?
I'll leave you to argue for co-ed locker rooms in schools. Have at it.

Old 09-03-2015, 08:19 AM

Quote:
I'll leave you to argue for co-ed locker rooms in schools. Have at it.
We stop being ashamed of our anatomy.
There is nothing wrong with the naked body. Why is it we have made it such a shameful event to see a naked person regardless of sex?

We are too uptight about the human body and it is taught from an early age and has a detrimental affect on society. As I mentioned just look at the rape culture on our college campuses.

Fraternities hanging signs on the frat house that read : "drop your freshmen daughters here".

That all stems from the ignorance instilled in them by their schools and parents.

Old 09-03-2015, 08:24 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post
We stop being ashamed of our anatomy.
There is nothing wrong with the naked body. Why is it we have made it such a shameful event to see a naked person regardless of sex?

We are too uptight about the human body and it is taught from an early age and has a detrimental affect on society. As I mentioned just look at the rape culture on our college campuses.

Fraternities hanging signs on the frat house that read : "drop your freshmen daughters here".

That all stems from the ignorance instilled in them by their schools and parents.
No, it's because they are horny. Nothing is going to change that. Being able to co-ed shower isn't going to make it less so.

Old 09-03-2015, 08:28 AM

Quote:
No, it's because they are horny. Nothing is going to change that. Being able to co-ed shower isn't going to make it less so.
LOL- understood, but it should not manifest in a piggish way. And I am not innocent of some piggish behavior.

And I get that it would take a long time to change the way our culture works in this manner. But it is truth that we are too uptight about nudity. I mean people get offended when a woman pulls out a breast to feed her baby.

Old 09-03-2015, 08:32 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,620,580 times
Its amazing that anyone can defend a teenage boy showering with teenage girls. He is not a girl. He thinks he's a girl, he dresses like a girl, but he is still biologically male. If a non-transgender teenage boy tried to shower with the girls, he would be expelled and it would be considered a type of sexual assault. But since he's transgender, its suddenly OK. I'm fairly certain the girls in that school are not OK with this.

This is a common-sense issue. The fact that we're even debating this shows there are people who will quickly abandon common sense in submission to political correctness. After all, we don't want to be labeled as a bigot, right? Gotta stick to the message, and exposing every girl in that school to this is far more fair than expecting the single transgender to use the unisex bathroom.

Old 09-03-2015, 08:34 AM

39,868 posts, read 26,503,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejadu View Post
Its amazing that anyone can defend a teenage boy showering with teenage girls. He is not a girl. He thinks he's a girl, he dresses like a girl, but he is still biologically male. If a non-transgender teenage boy tried to shower with the girls, he would be expelled and it would be considered a type of sexual assault. But since he's transgender, its suddenly OK. I'm fairly certain the girls in that school are not OK with this.

This is a common-sense issue. The fact that we're even debating this shows there are people who will quickly abandon common sense in submission to political correctness. After all, we don't want to be labeled as a bigot, right? Gotta stick to the message, and exposing every girl in that school to this is far more fair than expecting the single transgender to use the unisex bathroom.
You would think that, but we as a society have gotten much dumber in the past 30 years or so. Freak show is the new normal. Wish it were this way back when I was in high school. As a lesbian trapped in a male body I'd have been in the girl's shower room all the time. I guess technically this isn't an age thing. So if some middle age male wants to walk into the school or any other facility and use the shower or dressing room with teen-age girls, who is to complain? Come to think of it, there are some rather attractive ones at the local athletic club, I think I'll just start using the women's locker room.

Last edited by Toyman at Jewel Lake; 09-03-2015 at 09:03 AM..

Old 09-03-2015, 08:36 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Why was it so hard for you to understand my point? No one said that 150 was in a restroom at once. When you do something like this, all you are saying is that you don't have an actual argument to make.
I understood what you meant, i was just making a joke because of the way you phrased it, but humor doesnt come across well over the internet all the time.

Quote:
]No, they do not share restrooms and changing rooms all the time. Again, first point above applies.
As already stated, these young girls see just as much of a male form in that locker room as they would at a pool party. Heck, the speedos the swim team wears are more revealing than any underwear a teenager would wear(male or female).

If we arent talking about nudity(which as I already said, i would agree with you on), then we are talking about shadows, and everyone has seen a little VPL and camal toe.

That being said, I wouldnt have a problem with a reversal of this policy, no one should have to be uncomfortable in their own skin while simply changing clothing.(hmmm, well look at that).

I honestly dont think I care either way, but i think if they force these girls to change in the same room, they should have a prevision to allow them to to keep their grades while not having got dress out for P.E.

Old 09-03-2015, 08:39 AM

29,477 posts, read 14,643,964 times
There is a pretty lengthy discussion going on in "Current Events" on this.

This XY born transgender teen had already been set up with their own private bathroom/locker room. They then chose to use the girls because they wanted to.
First off, if you are different you need to accept that. Secondly ,the T teen's rights stop when they infringe on the rights of the other girls.
Why do we always have to make the group uncomfortable over a single individual ?
This T teen better get used to being different , if they can't cope with that life is going to be a long difficult road.

Old 09-03-2015, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I understood what you meant, i was just making a joke because of the way you phrased it, but humor doesnt come across well over the internet all the time.

As already stated, these young girls see just as much of a male form in that locker room as they would at a pool party. Heck, the speedos the swim team wears are more revealing than any underwear a teenager would wear(male or female).
well put.

and I do not understand the how anything about bigotry was inserted in this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies