Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2015, 04:48 PM

22,444 posts, read 11,969,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I do know about my ancestry. I'm black, which means they came from Africa. What's so hard to understand about that?

The Mayflower line was a joke, genius.

There is room in this country for new immigrants. You just don't like THESE immigrants. But you forget that some Americans didn't like YOUR ancestors either.
What's so hard for you to understand that most blacks in this country, who are descended from slaves, do have some white blood in them? Some have even discovered that they actually have more white than black blood, which is what Deval Patrick discovered about himself, for example.

Guess what? I didn't forget that some Americans didn't like my ancestors, that was in the past, so your point, is what, exactly? What does that have to do with current levels of both legal and illegal immigration?

I don't like any illegal immigrants. Period. In the past, ICE has deported illegals back to 189 different countries. 189 different countries covers every race, religion and ethnicity. I don't care where in the world an illegal alien is from. Nor do I care if they got here by sneaking across a border or overstaying a visa. They all have one thing in common and that is this---they have no business being here and need to leave.

As for legal immigrants, I have respect for those who go through the long, expensive process to come here. That said, we, as a nation, (despite your fantasies) can not continue to take in so many people as we don't have infinite potable water and buildable land.

If the Mayflower line was a joke, it was a lame joke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2015, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post
I see nothing wrong with bringing them to the U.S.

But I would first make sure they had a family to sponsor them before they got here. If they can find 65,000 people to open up their home to provide for them I think it's great. But I don't think it's right for them to just be brought here to live on tax payer money. I would be willing to sponsor one of the refugees If I got to personally interview that person and had an idea of what they plan to do with their time in the U.S.
I thank you for this post^ You, clearly do more that talk the talk. You are willing to walk the walk, unlike many other posters in this thread who want these refugees in this country but don't want to lift a finger to sponsor any of them.

Old 09-06-2015, 04:53 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,175,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
What's so hard for you to understand that most blacks in this country, who are descended from slaves, do have some white blood in them? Some have even discovered that they actually have more white than black blood, which is what Deval Patrick discovered about himself, for example.

Guess what? I didn't forget that some Americans didn't like my ancestors, that was in the past, so your point, is what, exactly? What does that have to do with current levels of both legal and illegal immigration?

I don't like any illegal immigrants. Period. In the past, ICE has deported illegals back to 189 different countries. 189 different countries covers every race, religion and ethnicity. I don't care where in the world an illegal alien is from. Nor do I care if they got here by sneaking across a border or overstaying a visa. They all have one thing in common and that is this---they have no business being here and need to leave.

As for legal immigrants, I have respect for those who go through the long, expensive process to come here. That said, we, as a nation, (despite your fantasies) can not continue to take in so many people as we don't have infinite potable water and buildable land.

If the Mayflower line was a joke, it was a lame joke.
I'm not Deval Patrick. I know who I am, and I'm not seeking any new information. You brought up the DNA test nonsense, not me. I know who my family is, and I'm not being questioned about paternity of any children. If you have doubts about who you are, then YOU take a DNA test. I don't doubt who I am.

As to these new refugees, they're coming here legally. So there's nothing to complain about on that front. So you should be happy.

Old 09-06-2015, 05:20 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,675,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
That has absolutely nothing to do with what I said. My statement wasn't concerning who should take them but rather, it was about how the reasons for them leaving should be stopped.

Treat the disease not the symptoms.

True.

Old 09-06-2015, 05:26 PM

Quote:
I'm not Deval Patrick. I know who I am, and I'm not seeking any new information. You brought up the DNA test nonsense, not me. I know who my family is, and I'm not being questioned about paternity of any children. If you have doubts about who you are, then YOU take a DNA test. I don't doubt who I am.

As to these new refugees, they're coming here legally. So there's nothing to complain about on that front. So you should be happy.
Ummm....if you actually paid attention to my posts, you would have seen that I, indeed, took a DNA test. It's a shame that you are so petrified at the very thought of it. Really, you need not be so scared---it's quick, easy and entirely painless

I don't want them here. Again, if you read my posts, you would have known that. Major fail on your part.

However, that said, I do respect those that do more than talk the talk but also walk the walk by offering to sponsor them. They aren't hypocrites like you as you refuse to lift a finger.

Now, you can keep going round and round on this topic. Or you could spend your time doing research as to why we don't have infinite supplies of buildable land and potable water. Or you could spend your time actually sponsoring one of those refugees that you are cheerleading for coming here.

Old 09-06-2015, 05:35 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,538,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The UN wants to place over 6 million Syrian refugees in various countries.

Soon there will be no sense of patriotism for your country.
NWO folks..NWO. Global citizens in a global world with a global government.

The makings are right in front of your eyes .

And our education system is promoting that.
Yeah we still say the pledge each morning in school, but we were told that if the kids don't want to say it or they don't put their hand over their heart we need to leave them be.
Islam has no concept of free will. It's a religion of slaves.

Perfect for the new elite aristocracy to rule over.

Old 09-06-2015, 05:35 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,675,432 times
Bring in AT LEAST 100,000 refugees by the end of the year.

Old 09-06-2015, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nema98 View Post
Bring in AT LEAST 100,000 refugees by the end of the year.
Really? And just how many of them are you going to sponsor and move into your home? You want all these refugees here, then you not only need to talk the talk but you need to walk the walk.

Old 09-06-2015, 05:38 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,175,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Ummm....if you actually paid attention to my posts, you would have seen that I, indeed, took a DNA test. It's a shame that you are so petrified at the very thought of it. Really, you need not be so scared---it's quick, easy and entirely painless

I don't want them here. Again, if you read my posts, you would have known that. Major fail on your part.

However, that said, I do respect those that do more than talk the talk but also walk the walk by offering to sponsor them. They aren't hypocrites like you as you refuse to lift a finger.

Now, you can keep going round and round on this topic. Or you could spend your time doing research as to why we don't have infinite supplies of buildable land and potable water. Or you could spend your time actually sponsoring one of those refugees that you are cheerleading for coming here.
You took the test because you don't know who you are. I'm secure in the the knowledge of who I am and I like that person.

Anyway...I am lifting a finger. I'm welcoming them to my country. You need to do the same.

Old 09-06-2015, 05:48 PM

Quote:
You took the test because you don't know who you are. I'm secure in the the knowledge of who I am and I like that person.

Anyway...I am lifting a finger. I'm welcoming them to my country. You need to do the same.

I know exactly who I am! Too bad you don't.

No, you are just a hypocrite who talks the talk but refuses to walk the walk. Period. The end. No doubt you will respond to this, but you will be talking to a wall, to coin an old phrase.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies