Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2015, 08:07 AM

30,058 posts, read 18,650,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
No, we don't need to bring in Asians to help innovation. That's bull. High test scores have a limited correlation to innovation. Innovation has more to do with freedom of imagination being tied to education investment and resources to bring ideas to fruition...not high scores on entry exams.

Anyway...kids just need to study harder. This is no big deal.
False-

ACT and SAT scores are the best indicator of college performance.

So are you saying that Stanford students with ACT scores of 34 are not more innovative or productive than those with ACT scores of 21 attending a community college?

The collective IQ of the nation is declining 1 point every decade. Why? The federal government is provicing financial incentives for idiots to reproduce. It is the movie "Idiocracy" realized- a liberal dream. The more dependent idiots, the more democrats.

Old 09-06-2015, 08:15 AM

23,529 posts, read 17,205,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
The article states that those with the poorest families received the lowest scores. That had far more to do with the gaps than anything else.

Again, why do Hispanics get broken down into ethnic groups but the same is not done for people of African or Asian origin? SMH.
Tell that to Ben Carson.

poorest = lowest..... fodder for more money to be tossed into the hopper as if more money was the answer. Well I gues it is if you just want to say you did something and don't care if what you did was effective.

Old 09-06-2015, 08:23 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Tell that to Ben Carson.

poorest = lowest..... fodder for more money to be tossed into the hopper as if more money was the answer. Well I gues it is if you just want to say you did something and don't care if what you did was effective.
We have focused all our attention on the lowest performing and have practically ignored those at the top.

Old 09-06-2015, 08:40 AM

15,064 posts, read 6,166,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Tell that to Ben Carson.

That's what the article points out. If you want to dispute that, take it up with them.

Why aren't there more Ben Carson's from poorer peoples? I have no idea. But then again, the richer groups of the U.S. aren't producing people of the caliber of Ben Carson either. WHY?

Old 09-06-2015, 09:05 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,538,917 times
IQ scores are the culprit.

Americans of East Asian descent have the highest group median IQ scores. Those of African descent have the lowest group median IQ scores.

Old 09-06-2015, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
IQ scores are the culprit.

Americans of East Asian descent have the highest group median IQ scores. Those of African descent have the lowest group median IQ scores.
What percentage of the population has taken an IQ test? What percentage of each population has taken one?

Old 09-06-2015, 09:20 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,538,917 times
Quote:
What percentage of the population has taken an IQ test? What percentage of each population has taken one?
Everyone who has attended a school in America has taken an IQ test.

Old 09-06-2015, 09:24 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,700,705 times
I think the answer is simple, as I alluded to in my previous post. It is generally because African Americans, relative to other groups in America, do not see intellect as a natural strength, but rather, see the physical as their natural strength. This is a CONDITIONED belief.

I mean, look at this thread and many others on this forum and how the underlying premise, which is implied and rarely stated, is black inferiority. It’s a constant drumbeat that echoes and reverberates in impact in print media, on radio and on TV. First, you introduce something that blacks are doing worse than whites, like SAT scores, like poverty, like out of wedlock births. Second, you eliminate all external reasons that could explain the difference as excuses or blaming others or the victim syndrome. In other words, discredit all possible external causation, leaving an inferior nature as the explanation by default, without having to say it and be seen as a racist.

However, like Caribidoll has pointed out, African immigrants demonstrate that it is NOT black nature, because they perform considerably better than African Americans. That means that the problem in African Americans is not color, but rather, CIRCUMSTANCE and EXPERIENCES living under a majority white, white supremacy construct for centuries. That construct has always postulated that blacks are intellectually inferior to whites and that belief is implied, alluded and subliminally propagated constantly in the media and on forums like this….and blacks, whites, Hispanics and Asians are all brainwashed by it….creating self fulfilling prophecy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkpUyB2xgTM

Old 09-06-2015, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Everyone who has attended a school in America has taken an IQ test.
Since when? That may depend on the state.

I actually have not...attended private religious schools for half of my grade school education.

Old 09-06-2015, 09:59 AM

45,319 posts, read 60,489,441 times
Quote:
Since when? I have not.
Since the 1920s. Yeah, you have.

You aren't told that's what they are but you take a variety of tests in elementary school from which many school systems derive an IQ score. Often it's for identifying kids for placement in talented and gifted classes.

Tests & Assessments | National Association for Gifted Children

http://www.education.com/reference/a...gence-testing/

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...ryId=213822184
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies