Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2015, 11:28 AM

3,840 posts, read 4,511,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
Don't be the butt of your own joke!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2015, 11:35 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,870,141 times
Take it before the Bored of Health.

Old 09-09-2015, 11:39 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,445,026 times
They will always be people with a mental disorder.

Old 09-09-2015, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Take it before the Bored of Health.
Since you have nothing substantive to add I'm just going to block you. You're nowhere near as punny as you think you are.

Old 09-09-2015, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
They will always be people with a mental disorder.
Like conservatives. Their hatred and bigotry is a mental disorder.

Old 09-09-2015, 11:52 AM

5,734 posts, read 3,252,971 times
yep. typical knee jerk reaction from the left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
Like conservatives. Their hatred and bigotry is a mental disorder.

Old 09-09-2015, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
yep. typical knee jerk reaction from the left.
Nothing at all knee jerk about it. I see it every day on this board, it's on this thread, and on the news. They show themselves for who they are all the time.

Old 09-09-2015, 12:03 PM

187 posts, read 270,347 times
Back on the topic, rather than needlessly insulting each other...

I feel that transsexualism will only be able to be fully accepted, at least in the USA, after the country gets over its fear of "immodesty" and sexuality altogether. When there are no more women's or men's rooms and just one restroom or locker room for everyone, that's when transsexualism will be capable of being accepted.

Old 09-09-2015, 12:18 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,810,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakkarin View Post
It appears that now that being gay is for the most part considered acceptable in the west, social justice campaigners have shifted their attention towards fighting for transgenders, thinking it to only be a matter of time before people will think no differently of transsexuals than gays. But here is the thing, I don't think this is actually going to happen for a number of reasons. Here are some examples:

-Lack of scientific legacy.

Unlike the existence of homosexuality which can be proven merely by pointing out the fact that there exist people willing to date members of the same sex, there exists no real evidence that transgenderism is even real except as a mental problem. The closest thing that exists to evidence are some extremely vague and poorly explained brainscans that transgenders claim prove they are different, even though they themselves even admit that they have no idea what said scans even mean. If anything.

-It inconveniences others.

One of the key reasons gays were able to win the fight is the individualistic "this doesn't concern you" argument. And they are correct. If somebody is gay this is very unlikely to affect other people. But this doesn't hold true with transgenders. All kinds of problems arise when people are expected to treat transgendered men like women. Women have to deal with transgendered men in the bathrooms and showers. Female sport teams have to accept transgendered men into their teams even though the fairness of this is extremely questionable (I don't buy the idea that taking hormones somehow nullifies your advantage as a man, and neither do many people in the sports community). Special restrooms may have to be built. And of course, transgenders will/do demand the same stupid special "protection" under the law that makes it hate speech for others to say "transphobic" things about them.

-The issue of transgender minors is extremely icky.

When transgenders claim there is nothing wrong with raising a small boy like a girl this causes people to ask themselves a lot of questions and makes them dislike the transgender movement more. People don't support those who upset them.

-Their arguments make no sense and often contradict each other.

The pro-gay argument isn't very hard to understand, nor is it complicated. "We are gay and we think this is fine." But the transgender argument is far more complex, and makes far less sense. I could probably write a whole page about the paradoxes and contradictions present in how transgenders define themselves and their "gender identity", but long story short there are so many contradictions and paradoxes in it that transgenders can't really win any arguments using only logic. This forces them to barrow a page from feminists by simply screaming at everyone who disagrees with them hoping to shut down any debate before it starts. It did not work for feminists however, and it won't work here in the long term either.

-Not all gays even support transgenders.

While transgenders and gays are in the same fight on paper, many gays don't actually support transgenders and reject it for the same reason other people do. This means that transgenders don't actually have universal support from the gay community.

Yea I'm sorry, but I just can't see transgenderism or the idea of gender identity ever obtain any true mainstream support. We can't compare this to the gay struggle because there are just too many things that are different, like the things I listed above. Perhaps the political correctness police will be able to keep people quite for some time like it has been able to do with immigration issues, but this isn't actually the same as getting people to agree with you.

Do you think transgenderism and gender identity will ever actually obtain mainstream acceptance like gays did?

Um what does it matter if transgenderism is real (whatever that means) or a mental problem? So if someone is autistic we should pretend that they're not because it's all in their head. If someone is depressed we should pretend that they are happy because "hon this too is all in your head. you're not really depressed you're just a brat" Good idea. Newsflash pretty much everything is mental as the brain controls everything in the body.

I sorta get the inconvenience part but at the same time the internet can be the same way because you will see more than you want to see. Plus some places already have co-ed bathrooms and no one's really protesting that. I can't really comment on the sports thing much because I hate sports but I was always at a disadvantage in school because I was very weak even for a girl. I still passed but it was frustrating work..still I got through it so I don't know what the big deal is. Maybe you have to not be anti-sports to get it *shrugs*

Extremely icky? Oh are we 5 years old now? Guess what regular men are icky with their schlongs (I never understood the aesthetic appeal) never washing their hands after going the bathroom and making fart/poo jokes. Women are icky with their pads left all over the public bathroom floors and their catty attitudes combined with ridiculous jealousy. Anal sex is icky. Dogs are icky with how some of them tear up bloody pads and eat all kinds of things. Let's not support men women or dogs and just live on an island all by ourselves with maybe just some dolphins because most mammals are just so icky.

Not all gays support bisexuals either. Many bisexuals are told to pick a side.

To answer the question though, probably not when you got all these arguments clearly stating that people don't understand but I mean even gay was a foreign concept to people and now it's accepted so who knows? Only problem is gay is seen in the animal kingdom and transgenderism can't be .

Last edited by Nickchick; 09-09-2015 at 12:26 PM..

Old 09-09-2015, 01:27 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,303,952 times
Quote:
Dear Mr. Fader

You ask a lot of questions for someone from the South.

Fundamentals: There's carnal; and then there's knowledge.

Penetrating any deeper could be a hazardous plumbing of the depths.

(See Wynternight)
So that's a yes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
Since you have nothing substantive to add I'm just going to block you. You're nowhere near as punny as you think you are.
Maybe, but he can spell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies