Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2015, 10:07 PM

3,840 posts, read 4,510,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
OMG do you really think criminals are not going to get guns illegally?!?

Think this through... Criminals will still have access to guns and the non criminals will have their knives. You really want to be in a society like this?

I guess if you're a criminal it's ideal!
Have you seen the statistics for knife violence in the UK and China? People will always find a way to killl one another. I'd rather have a firearm on me than not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2015, 10:36 PM

4,067 posts, read 2,272,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
Have you seen the statistics for knife violence in the UK and China? People will always find a way to killl one another. I'd rather have a firearm on me than not.
I was responding to someone who suggested that no one should be able to get guns... Which I thought was ridiculous. I'm with you on the firearms.

Old 09-09-2015, 11:10 PM

3,840 posts, read 4,510,824 times
Quote:
I was responding to someone who suggested that no one should be able to get guns... Which I thought was ridiculous. I'm with you on the firearms.
Understood. Mea culpa.

Old 09-09-2015, 11:11 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,830,354 times
Quote:
OMG do you really think criminals are not going to get guns illegally?!?

Think this through... Criminals will still have access to guns and the non criminals will have their knives. You really want to be in a society like this?

I guess if you're a criminal it's ideal!
wait a minute, you are asking a gun grabber to think? what has gotten into you girl?

Old 09-09-2015, 11:11 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
Gun volition and training will do the same it does for cops and soldiers
If guns were useless I would be dead

Old 09-09-2015, 11:24 PM

1,716 posts, read 2,500,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I would rather have my gun and not use it, than need it and not have it.

Gun violence is in the inner cities, why is the government waiting to do something about it????

I question the "trained professional" part. Makes good reading for anti-gun loonies.
When I moved into my first apartment, my dad offered me any of his handguns I wanted. He proceeded to train me how to use it - to the point I felt very comfortable with it. I was in an apartment that didn't allow dogs, etc. So, having the gun was next best thing (if you know what I mean!). I never 'used' it. But I sure 'held it' frequently - and felt much better having the option, and the confidence.

I have gun(s) and hubby these days!! (For the Lefties - hubby has gun!! But I can take over at any time!)

Old 09-09-2015, 11:26 PM

19,021 posts, read 14,198,297 times
The endowed "right to life" includes defending that right - by whatever means. A weapon is a tool, whether it is a knife, a club or a firearm. At this time, a gun is a most efficient tool for defending one's life.
Remember, government never promised to protect everyone, nor can it. Ultimately, the only one responsible for your life and its security is you.
Disarmament only benefits the predator, not the victim.

Old 09-09-2015, 11:38 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,892,966 times
Quote:
The Laughable Myth that a Gun Can Protect You

You're right, that is laughable. A gun in the hands of someone who doesn't know how to use it may as well be holding a pillow. A gun will not protect me, I will protect myself with the aid of a gun....

<End Thread/>

Last edited by WhipperSnapper 88; 09-09-2015 at 11:47 PM..

Old 09-09-2015, 11:45 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,892,966 times
660 pages of stories that directly contradict the OP's premise....

Armed Citizen Files

Old 09-10-2015, 01:14 AM

6,570 posts, read 6,736,907 times
Worked for me when 3 guys in their early 20s jumped out of a car one day as I was walking, and were eager to attack me cause I did not cross the street in front of their car fast enough for their taste as they drove by. As they approached me I reached into my knapsack for my gun, but did not pull it all the way out. The 3 dopes got that universal signal right, as they backed up, got into their car....and screwed. I like to think I'm a good street fighter, from back in the day, but a 3 on 1 fight was most likely not going to end well for me.

That simple gesture saved me from a nasty situation. And this happened in a wealthy town outside of greater Boston....where you would least expect it.....if you were not street-smart. The OP has no clue what he's talking about. None. As an addendum....you should have seen the looks on their faces as they realized I was about to cap them if I had to. Comedy gold
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies