Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2015, 09:56 AM

25,554 posts, read 17,256,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
I know many Iranians folks that live in the USA and they are quite friendly and hard working. They do not wear anything on the head, are clean shaven, and the women dress just like Americans females do.

I believe that many in Iran have Western values and they would probably be receptive to friendship with the USA if approached correctly. Unfortunately the country is run by fundamentalist right wing religious nuts, but I wonder if they could also be receptive to friendly gestures.

We complain all day about the "death to America, death to Israel" chant but seem to forget our own rhetoric. We call then savages, terrorists, and hate mongers. Many also say we should nuke Iran and bomb all their facilities. Others say we should squeeze even harder with economic sanctions and keep them isolated.

Pretend for one minute that another country threatened the USA in the same manner. Imagine another country putting the US through economic sanctions and calling us barbarians.

How would you feel if another country said: "We cannot have those Americans build a nuclear weapon------------ if they try to do so we will destroy them". As an American: How would you feel if another country told the USA what to do and what not to do?

And people wander why they hate us! They are probably afraid of getting nuked!
I remember back when Obama said he would meet with the Iranians. 2007. Muslim fundamentalists have no intention of living peacefully in the modern world. Meeting or no meeting.

If you truly are thinking of making friends with people who throw gay people off buildings and behead people publicly, you are very inexperienced.

America is not in favor of ANYONE building nuclear weapons. Every nuclear treaty we have signed states that. Why do you think Iran denies that they are building one?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2015, 09:57 AM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
so can you name one of these rightwing fundamentalist Christians that want to get control of our government and allow their supersititions to run our lives?
How about three, just for starters: Mike Huckabee, Ted Cruz and Rick Santorum.

Old 09-10-2015, 09:59 AM

20,454 posts, read 12,373,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
You make an awful lot of "Left this' and 'Left that' allegations unsupported by facts.

Just what groups that enslave women and kill homosexuals are being supported by the "Liberal Left in the West"? And that means documented sources of support, not baseless allegations.
I don't want to just be silly here but Messers Obama and Kerry just handed Iran $150BILLION dollars.

they even signed printed papers to that effect....

then to insure it gets to the Iranian Mullahs (who are currently killing gays and stoning women who get raped and are chanting DEATH TO AMERICA) Messers Obama and Kerry are working overtime to insure passage of approval from both the House and Senate...

I would consider that quite clear support.

Old 09-10-2015, 10:00 AM

20,454 posts, read 12,373,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post

nice! you have given us names!

Now what exactly do you think these Right wing Christans are going to do to America?

Old 09-10-2015, 10:01 AM

68,326 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
Browse through this thread alone to see Liberals supporting the pious Iranian Mullahs over the decadent West.

Liberals be like; I hate religious right. But will be the first to suck up to Islam.
Oh please, support is more than just blather in an internet forum and it's certainly more than just the desire to try finding a better solution to issues than war. If you're as fearful of Muslims as it appears you really oughta sign up and go fight them. Or would you just prefer leaving that up to others?

Old 09-10-2015, 10:04 AM

68,326 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
I don't want to just be silly here but Messers Obama and Kerry just handed Iran $150BILLION dollars.

they even signed printed papers to that effect....
Handed them?

BULLS**T!

1) It was many others besides Obama and Kerry

2) Unfreezing frozen assets IS NOT handing them $$$

Quote:
then to insure it gets to the Iranian Mullahs (who are currently killing gays and stoning women who get raped and are chanting DEATH TO AMERICA) Messers Obama and Kerry are working overtime to insure passage of approval from both the House and Senate...

I would consider that quite clear support.
And I would consider your account of events more fictional than factual.

Last edited by burdell; 09-10-2015 at 10:16 AM..

Old 09-10-2015, 10:05 AM

4,095 posts, read 2,563,954 times
Quote:
Oh please, support is more than just blather in an internet forum and it's certainly more than just the desire to try finding a better solution to issues than war. If you're as fearful of Muslims as it appears you really oughta sign up and go fight them. Or would you just prefer leaving that up to others?
I'm a Liberal Pakistani and when I looked like around to see the most illiberal ideology on the face of the earth I found Islam as a clear winner.

Then when I saw the Western Liberals sleeping in bed with the Islamic terrorists and coming to their rescue after each atrocity committed by them in the name of Islam. The unholy alliance was clear.

Old 09-10-2015, 10:06 AM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times
Quote:
nice! you have given us names!

Now what exactly do you think these Right wing Christans are going to do to America?
Well, for starters, they would make it okay for government officials to break the law and deny certain groups of people their constitutional rights if it goes against their own personal religious beliefs.

Old 09-10-2015, 10:09 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
ROLFMAO!!!!

Are you seriously comparing these three conservative Christians who might do things like attempt to add greater abortion restrictions and maybe push for quiet time that can be used for school prayer to the Islamic radicals that stone rape victims and throw gay people off of towers? Seriously?

I'd love to see you tell the family members of those gay men that it those murders were just as bad as a silent period that could be used for praying. It would be like telling a rape victim that you know how it feels to be violated because someone broke into your car.

Old 09-10-2015, 10:09 AM

4,477 posts, read 3,297,632 times
Quote:
What reason(s) were there to have become involved in those places in the first place and what benefit to the US was gained?
We were in Korea, because the United Nations, the organization that was founded to keep the peace, prevent a third world war and reign in aggressive countries before they could trigger a third world war, voted to counter the aggression of a faction of Koreans that wanted to conquer and enslave the entire country. We managed to keep the enslavement to only half the population.

By the time the same threat was happening in Vietnam the Soviets had learned to not walk out on UN votes and blocked any attempt to reign in the aggressors of the north who weren't about to allow free elections in the country.

During the Vietnam War we heard how the U.S. was the one in the wrong and Ho Chi Minh was a freedom fighter just trying to unite and free his people, blah blah blah. The U.S. fought a half hearted war with no intent to "win", just to fight to a standstill like in Korea. Two years after the U.S. negotiated a peace treaty with the North and withdrew, the North violated the agreement and went on to murder and enslave millions of their own people. So much for freedom. If you'd like to learn more, come visit Orange County sometime and I can introduce you to dozens of people in Garden Grove and Westminster who can give you first hand accounts of how family members were murdered, tortured and maimed by Uncle Ho's "freedom fighters".

As to Tehran, the U.S. had no major beef with them (other than that little hostage thing they did) until 1983 when their surrogates, Hezbollah, murdered UN Peacekeeprs in Beirut. If the U.S. had bombed Tehran back to the Stone Age then there might actually be peace between the Palestinians and Israel and the Iraq wars might never have happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies