Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2015, 05:29 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,565,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
Thats what your original posts logic was. If these muslim refugee converts cant be trusted, then how can a muslim refugee convert like you be trusted?
I didnt say the Muslim converts cant be trusted, neither did I say I am a convert or not.

Old 09-11-2015, 05:49 PM

15,631 posts, read 10,388,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Deception tactics. It says, in the Koran, that deceiving the infidel, lulling them into believing you are one of them, by whatever means , is an oky doky thing. Once you have gained that trust, it gives the true believer an easier time to slip in and cut throats while the infidel sleeps. I'd hazard to say, that's the thinking of most of these "converts". I'd be more wary of them than I would of the true and staunch Muslims. At least you know for sure what their motives are. Its out in the open.
I agree. A book I read decades ago called The Camp of the Saints may be prophetic. I won't be around to witness the end result of Europe's decision to take these Muslims into their countries.

Old 09-11-2015, 07:37 PM

57,269 posts, read 26,199,434 times
What about the polyester and linen refugees.

Old 09-11-2015, 07:46 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nema98 View Post
So I want to ask those who think Muslims do not deserve refuge and that Syrians should just die off, now that they have converted and become Christians, do you think they are now worthy of help?
I personally think these people should stay and destroy their enemy......find/steal guns and kill everyone involved in ISIS, take it back. These refugees many of them are young men of fighting age, not showing many women and children, if you look at all the pictures.

I see the media being very selective on what they're showing. People in the country is showing the truth of who is coming.......

Old 09-11-2015, 09:09 PM

358 posts, read 283,040 times
Many Iranians in America convert as well... Nothing new

Old 09-12-2015, 09:08 AM

35,061 posts, read 17,006,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Maybe not. When the gulf Arab countries failed to step up and; help out their Sunni Muslim brothers, I have a strong feeling that many of the "refugees" are for real in dumping Islam. Too; when asshat groups like IS did their dirty work, that probably pissed off even more at least moderate "Muslims".
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
These refugees, like many persons whose lives are threatened, will do what it takes to survive even if it means changing religions.
At a diplomatic meeting with the U.N. Embassy of a certain European country, I was advised that many of the current wave of refugees actually are professionals and educated people. This is unlike the earlier migrants.

That leads me to believe that those people converting may be strong candidates for genuine Christian beliefs. Also, remember, in Syria many of the Alawites are more quietistic or moderate Muslims, and face persecution from both Sunnis and Shiites. Thus at least some of these may be the real thing.

Old 09-12-2015, 09:13 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,341,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
I wonder what our Tea Party "Christian" conservatives think about this.

At a Berlin church, Muslim refugees converting in droves
Iranian women are sexy and do not like to cover their hair. They like to dress like Western women, it is that simple.

Old 09-12-2015, 12:33 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,368,395 times
People will say anything to keep the free handouts coming. You don't honestly think they're actually converting do you? It's just a coincidence that this "conversion" happened right after they got to Germany?

Quote:
None will openly admit to converting in order to help their asylum chances. To do so could result in rejection of their asylum bid and deportation as Christian converts. Several candidates for baptism at Martens' church would not give their names out of fear of repercussions for their families back home.

Most said their decision was based on belief, but one young Iranian woman said she was convinced most people had joined the church only to improve their chances for asylum.

Congregation member Vesam Heydari initially applied for asylum in Norway and converted there in 2009. But his case was rejected because the Norwegian authorities did not believe he would be persecuted as a Christian in Iran, so he moved to Germany to seek refugee status here — and is awaiting a decision. He criticized many of the other Iranian church members, saying they were making it much harder for "real, persecuted Christians" like himself to get approved for asylum.

"The majority of Iranians here are not converting out of belief," Heydari said. "They only want to stay in Germany."
I wonder how many return to Islam after they are no longer worried about being deported.

Old 09-12-2015, 07:53 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
People will say anything to keep the free handouts coming. You don't honestly think they're actually converting do you? It's just a coincidence that this "conversion" happened right after they got to Germany?

I wonder how many return to Islam after they are no longer worried about being deported.
That depends. That the gulf Arabs flaked out on their Sunni Muslim brothers may've pissed off enough of those people they'll stay AWAY from Islam. Period.

Old 09-12-2015, 08:42 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,051,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
What about the polyester and linen refugees.
Exactly.
Are those materials inferior to muslin? If so, why?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies