Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2015, 07:37 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,290,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolZombie View Post
It won't happen in the forseeable future because the Tea Party successfully thwarts the Republican party's efforts to get minority voters. The GOP levies poll taxes to keep poor people from voting, closes and limits polling hours of voting stations in minority precincts, redraws districts to dilute minority voters and actively supports cops killing unarmed black men. GOP efforts to be moderate on immigration seem to be doomed with the racist Tea Partiers violently rejecting any compromise.

Why would minorities vote for an actively white supremacist party? That's the same as if Coca-Cola said in its ads "you are an inferior people and always will be but support our product anyway because we say so."
This is another reason they won't get the black vote. TheGOP doesn't reside in the fantasy land a lot of them live in.

The perpetual black victim.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2015, 07:51 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
This is another reason they won't get the black vote. TheGOP doesn't reside in the fantasy land a lot of them live in.

No, the GOP is all about the perpetual white victim, the perpetual religious victim, the perpetual wealthy victim, the perpetual military industrial complex victim, the perpetual abusive cop victim...all of whom are so-called targets of us liberals who are supposedly persecuting them.

The GOP resides in one of the biggest fantasylands in American history.

Old 09-13-2015, 08:21 PM

6,617 posts, read 5,008,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post

I don't understand this mentality, how can out of one side of your mouth say we don't why blacks vote democrat we want to help them! Then call them perpetual victims out of the other side.
I think the crazy uncle effect is underestimated, if Trump calls all Mexicans rapists and criminals and every conservative I know sort of agrees it says he just wont comply to the PC police, how can I align myself with you, the party platform can make all the sense in the world to me but if it means I have to align myself with people who think I am a criminal, hoodrat, or perpetual victim, there is no way in hell.

Old 09-13-2015, 08:46 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,990,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakkarin View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMRvas6ssq8

I am sure he is in a minority, but the stuff he is saying is something I have still noticed more and more from many American blacks. Granted that most of them are either middle-class or above. Anyway, the stuff he says makes me wonder if the American democrats might at some point lose black votes. And possibly minority votes in general, once they become aware this dude is correct.

How would the democratic party obtain large scale support if it lost it's black and minority voters?
Most Blacks consider the man on the right "An Oreo Cookie". An Oreo Cookie is black on the outside but white on the inside. He serves white America like the old "Step'in fetch it" would carrying ones bags to the Luggage car while the white gets himself or herself comfortably situated in 1st class car or Pullman car on an overnight trip. He is not relevant to the lives of the vast number of blacks in tis nation.

Old 09-13-2015, 08:55 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
Most Blacks consider the man on the right "An Oreo Cookie". An Oreo Cookie is black on the outside but white on the inside. He serves white America like the old "Step'in fetch it" would carrying ones bags to the Luggage car while the white gets himself or herself comfortably situated in 1st class car or Pullman car on an overnight trip. He is not relevant to the lives of the vast number of blacks in tis nation.
Uh; IF "Step'in fetch it" DOES become POTUS; what excuse will the hood rats come up next for being such losers? Think about it: TWO "Black" US Presidents BACK TO BACK. Too; "keeping it real" hood rat culture is STILL "Oreo" since it's based on PWT "culture".

Old 09-13-2015, 08:59 PM

Quote:
I don't see Herman Cain as a Tom.

Allen West however? Oh yeah.

Old 09-13-2015, 09:15 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,051,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Your post claimed Barack Obama was the cause, where is the indicator that he is ?
Nope. Seems you need to go back and re-read.
http://www.city-data.com/forum/41182412-post25.html

Quote:
Sounds more like O, actually. Who you probably voted for, twice.

Old 09-13-2015, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
Nope. Seems you need to go back and re-read.
http://www.city-data.com/forum/41182412-post25.html

Sounds more like O, actually. Who you probably voted for, twice.
How would you know how relevant Obama is to blacks?

They told you?

Old 09-13-2015, 09:31 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,990,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
"Hispanic" is a dishonest word: in the real world; it refers to Mestizos from LatAm, especially if they have Spanish last names and, speak Spanish. Tho to be fair: a blond hair, blue eyed dude of 100 Swedish family; if born and raised in Chile, IS just as "Hispanic" as a Mayan from Guatemala under US law. OTOH: a Brit with the name Luis Gomez; born and raised in England, he's NOT Hispanic at all, especially of he speaks no Spanish.
The Presidents of Chile (Bachelet) Argentina (Kirchner) and Brazil (Rousseff) all have surnames of non-Iberian origin yet all are Hispanics or Latinas. Former Presidents of Peru (Fujimori) and Argentina (Menem) had names of Japanese and Syrian origin, respectively but they would be just as Hispanic as anyone born like them in their nation. Other historical figures like Juan Peron (ne Peroni was of Italian origin), Longtime Dictator of Chile Augusto Pinochet was (Italian) and the man built Brasila and moved the Brazilian Capital there (President Kubitchek was of Czech origin) . Parts of South America are as much a mix of ethnicities as the United States.

Anyone want to guess where Linda Ronstadt's father was born and grew up? or where Veronica (Ronnie) Bennett's father came from? or Mariah Carey mother ?

Old 09-13-2015, 09:35 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,051,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
How would you know how relevant Obama is to blacks?

They told you?
I don't see you in the conversation quoted. Are you jumping in to actually make a point this time, or...?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies