Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2015, 01:07 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,448,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Hasn't anyone interrogated the White House chef to see if he eats shellfish or pork products? C'mon, people, step up your game!
Yeah, like NO MUSLIMS smoke, drink or run around, they ALL live by the Koran.....

Old 09-16-2015, 01:09 PM

29 posts, read 22,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Number of executive orders per year in office, per President:
Ok I should have been more specific..

President Obama has issued a form of executive action known as the presidential memorandum more often than any other president in history — using it to take unilateral action even as he has signed fewer executive orders.When these two forms of directives are taken together, Obama is on track to take more high-level executive actions than any president since Harry Truman battled the "Do Nothing Congress" almost seven decades ago, according to a USA TODAY review of presidential documents.
Obama has issued executive orders to give federal employees the day after Christmas off, to impose economic sanctions and to determine how national secrets are classified. He's used presidential memoranda to make policy on gun control, immigration and labor regulations. Tuesday, he used a memorandum to declare Bristol Bay, Alaska, off-limits to oil and gas exploration.

Old 09-16-2015, 01:25 PM

828 posts, read 907,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burger Fan View Post
Re: the bolded- I'm going to have to challenge you on that one. Rarely do we see criticism that actually talks about policy specifics as a reason why someone does or does not like Obama. Running through this thread I've yet to see ONE example, but I do see plenty of baseless theorizing that he's a "secret muslim" because of what he wore when he was a teenager one time, who his professor might have been in college or that he doesn't like "zionist" countries and sympathizes with Muslim nations instead, based on literally no evidence at all besides the poster's own bias.

And let's talk about "conventional christian black men." How many do you actually know? What exactly is it about their behavior that sets them apart from BHO? BHO is a family man who attends church several times a year, despite being forced out of his home church due to scandals beyond his control, and the logistical problems inherent in being a head of state. About half the christians in this country don't even do this much, showing up on only once or twice a year at christmas, easter, or not at all.

There is nothing about his ACTUAL BEHAVIOR AND HISTORY that suggests he's anything but a "conventional christian black man." If anything, he's exceptional in that he manages to balance his faith, career, and family successfully.
Burger Fan, I'm in the "I don't care what religion the POTUS is" camp, so I am not sure if you are challenging the idea I presented or challenging me because you think I agree with it. If you look at all my posts in this thread, you will see that I've defended the notion that he is a Christian, because he said he was one, and that is good enough for me.

The posting you responded to of mine was my view of how some see Obama. As a dem, he is going to be ripped to shreds to begin with. Then you do have a minority of people who will hate having a black president, but who may not hate him if he were a black Republican. Then you will have those who will be suspicious of him no matter what because of his origin (having distant family members who are Muslim) and because of his name.

Old 09-16-2015, 01:29 PM

233 posts, read 250,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Yeah, it's been an interesting process to watch.
  1. Black man is elected President
  2. Some people lose their mind over that fact
  3. "LOOK AT HOW DIVISIVE HE IS!!!"
Oh...I see....here comes the "black" card.

He is decisive because of his words and actions. Nothing to do with his pigment.

No go away race-baiter.

Old 09-16-2015, 01:49 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,525,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren44 View Post
Yeah hes also manage to destroy our civil liberties and human rights
Tell me all about the civil liberties and human rights you've lost.

Please.

Quote:
by signing more executive orders, and taking away more of our constitutional freedoms/rights then even George Bush has!

George W. Bush Total 291

Barack Obama Total 216

Executive Orders

Excuse me...

Last edited by Old Gringo; 09-16-2015 at 02:13 PM..

Old 09-16-2015, 01:52 PM

29 posts, read 22,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Tell me all about the civil liberties and human rights you've lost.

Please.

II 164 41 4.00 13034 - 13197 George W. Bush Total 291 36 8.00 13198 - 13488 I 173 43 4.00 13198 - 13370 II 118 30 4.00 13371 - 13488 Barack Obama Total
216 33 6.58 13489 - 13704 I 147 37 4.00 13489 - 13635 II 69
Executive Orders

Excuse me...

You are also missing presidential memorandum he uses to restrict gun rights and etc that has him surpassing Harry S Truman

Old 09-16-2015, 01:53 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,465,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sagain View Post
Except that the only people he "divides" are red state republicans. The rest of the world believes he brings people together.
Most of the world does not like Obama hate to break it to you, especially the Middle Eastern countries other than Iran.

Old 09-16-2015, 01:55 PM

88,516 posts, read 84,705,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
Yeah, like NO MUSLIMS smoke, drink or run around, they ALL live by the Koran.....
And this is relevant to the conversation in what way?

Let me get this straight. You believe he's a Muslim--even though other Muslims say he can't be a Muslim, or if he was he was a very bad Muslim--and then you counter with well, he's just a BAD Muslim, but that doesn't mean he isn't one? Yeah, OK.

So tell me again why you are so convinced that our pork-eating, non-Ramadan observing, non-five-times-a-day-praying, beardless President is REALLY Muslim? Because call me crazy, but I'm not seeing the evidence, and your belief just doesn't match up with what we all can see.

Old 09-16-2015, 01:57 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,465,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
And this is relevant to the conversation in what way?

Let me get this straight. You believe he's a Muslim--even though other Muslims say he can't be a Muslim, or if he was he was a very bad Muslim--and then you counter with well, he's just a BAD Muslim, but that doesn't mean he isn't one? Yeah, OK.

So tell me again why you are so convinced that our pork-eating, non-Ramadan observing, non-five-times-a-day-praying, beardless President is REALLY Muslim? Because call me crazy, but I'm not seeing the evidence.
I agree, Obama is not a Muslim, 29 percent of Americans who believe that are stupid and ignorant.

Old 09-16-2015, 01:58 PM

46,940 posts, read 25,969,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren44 View Post
Ok I should have been more specific..

President Obama has issued a form of executive action known as the presidential memorandum more often than any other president in history — using it to take unilateral action even as he has signed fewer executive orders.When these two forms of directives are taken together, Obama is on track to take more high-level executive actions than any president since Harry Truman battled the "Do Nothing Congress" almost seven decades ago, according to a USA TODAY review of presidential documents.
Obama has issued executive orders to give federal employees the day after Christmas off, to impose economic sanctions and to determine how national secrets are classified. He's used presidential memoranda to make policy on gun control, immigration and labor regulations. Tuesday, he used a memorandum to declare Bristol Bay, Alaska, off-limits to oil and gas exploration.
Are you Gregory Korte, or are you just C&Ping his work without attribution?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies