Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2015, 12:27 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,078,401 times

Advertisements

Speaking as a Muslim.

One of the main things he would have to do to be Muslim, is to state he is Muslim. We do not accept anyone as being Muslim unless they them self say they are Muslim.

On the other hand he has been seen doing many things that would make him an apostate if he ever was a Muslim.

Deliberate failure to do any one of the following 5 things is sufficient to say the person has left Islam and is an Apostate.

1. To say the Shahadah with knowledge and sincerity (That can not be proven, as he could have done so in private with no witnesses)

2. To say the 5 daily prayers--He has never been seen saying even one of them once and when he was in Saudi, he did not join the King in saying the Dhuhr prayers--That alone is sufficient to declare him an apostate if he had ever been a Muslim

3. To give to charity (It can not be proven if he never did

4. Fast during Ramadan--He did not miss as much as one meal during any Ramadan he was in office. (This also alone is sufficient to make him an apostate if he ever was Muslim)

5. One has to make the Hajj at least once in their lifetime,-if they are financially and physicaly able too. (This we can not prove he will not do in the future)

In addition there are things that can cast doubt on if a person is Muslim. a few I am aware Obama has done

1. Drink alcohol

2. wear gold jewelry (A Muslim male is not to wear or own any type of gold Jewelry such as, rings, watches, necklace etc. I believe he wears a gold colored watch

3. eat pork, not too certain if Obama ever did this, but I suspect that he has attended more them one BBQ while being President.

4. Pray to anyone except Allaah(swt), since he does belong to a Christian Church, I assume he has prayed to Jesus(a.s.) at least a few times

5. Failure to raise his Children Muslim

6. Failure to wear a beard

Old 09-14-2015, 12:36 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,951,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burger Fan View Post
Haven't you heard? He's going to declare martial law, stack the supreme court, dissolve congress and declare himself president for life any second now.
Might be preferable to the current replacement options...

He's not muslim. He's a commie muslim sympathiser.

Old 09-14-2015, 12:37 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,709,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burger Fan View Post
Haven't you heard? He's going to declare martial law, stack the supreme court, dissolve congress and declare himself president for life any second now.
He prepared for this by taking away everyone's guns and setting up FEMA camps.

Old 09-14-2015, 12:38 PM

633 posts, read 640,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
Might be preferable to the current replacement options...

He's not muslim. He's a commie muslim sympathiser.
No argument there.

Old 09-14-2015, 12:40 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,709,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Speaking as a Muslim.

One of the main things he would have to do to be Muslim, is to state he is Muslim. We do not accept anyone as being Muslim unless they them self say they are Muslim.

On the other hand he has been seen doing many things that would make him an apostate if he ever was a Muslim.

Deliberate failure to do any one of the following 5 things is sufficient to say the person has left Islam and is an Apostate.

1. To say the Shahadah with knowledge and sincerity (That can not be proven, as he could have done so in private with no witnesses)

2. To say the 5 daily prayers--He has never been seen saying even one of them once and when he was in Saudi, he did not join the King in saying the Dhuhr prayers--That alone is sufficient to declare him an apostate if he had ever been a Muslim

3. To give to charity (It can not be proven if he never did

4. Fast during Ramadan--He did not miss as much as one meal during any Ramadan he was in office. (This also alone is sufficient to make him an apostate if he ever was Muslim)

5. One has to make the Hajj at least once in their lifetime,-if they are financially and physicaly able too. (This we can not prove he will not do in the future)

In addition there are things that can cast doubt on if a person is Muslim. a few I am aware Obama has done

1. Drink alcohol

2. wear gold jewelry (A Muslim male is not to wear or own any type of gold Jewelry such as, rings, watches, necklace etc. I believe he wears a gold colored watch

3. eat pork, not too certain if Obama ever did this, but I suspect that he has attended more them one BBQ while being President.

4. Pray to anyone except Allaah(swt), since he does belong to a Christian Church, I assume he has prayed to Jesus(a.s.) at least a few times

5. Failure to raise his Children Muslim

6. Failure to wear a beard
Woodrow, these are facts. No one on C-D is interested in facts--especially when it comes to Obama.

Old 09-14-2015, 12:42 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
None of this really matters, he's thankfully on the final leg of his reign.
History will judge him either he'll be right or wrong, time will tell.
I hope for all our sakes he's done nothing to doom our nation or at least nothing that is beyond repair.

Old 09-14-2015, 12:54 PM

31,046 posts, read 22,077,427 times
The more interesting fact is why many Muslims consider him Muslim? The following is from an Article by a Muslim writer in Forbes:

"Most of the Muslims I know (me included) can’t seem to accept that Obama is not Muslim".

"The rationalistic, Western side of me knows that Obama has denied being Muslim, that his father was non-practicing, that he doesn’t attend a mosque. Many Muslims simply say back, “my father’s not a strict Muslim either, and I haven’t been to a mosque in years.” Obama even told The New York Times he could recite the adhan, the Islamic call to prayer, which the vast majority of Muslims, I would guess, do not know well enough to recite."

My Muslim President Obama - Forbes

Old 09-14-2015, 12:59 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,078,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyJet View Post
Well there are two reasons to think it.
Quote:
1) In Muslim the son of a Muslim is automatically considered Muslim
We believe all children are born Muslim including the children of Christians, Jews, Pagans, Atheists etc-- So yes we do believe he was born Muslim, we also believe you and everyone else was born Muslim.all people are born Muslim and remain such until of their own free will and with knowledge accept another religion.

Obama's father was not Muslim, he was an atheist and an apostate from Islam.

Quote:
2)He is very vague about what religion he is. He has just said he is "Christian" which is not a religion. Not like he said he is Catholic, Baptist etc.
Yes he is very vague about his religion. My personal belief is that he is either agnostic or Atheist. He does not seem to be a believer of any religion not even the "United Chuch of Christ" that he attends.

He did spend 2 Years in an Islamic School as a child, but he also spent 2 years in a Catholic Parochial school and has worshiped as a Buddhist, Hindu, and Shinto.

As an Adult he was baptized in the Trinity United Church of Christ" which does make him an Apostate. the only sins that automatically condemns a Muslim to Eternal Hellfire. It is the unforgivable sin for a Muslim.

I doubt that after reaching the age of free choice, he has ever said the Shahadah with sincerity.

Therefore was never a Muslim Except like all people from birth until reaching the age of reason and having the ability to make free choices.

Old 09-14-2015, 01:02 PM

633 posts, read 640,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
The more interesting fact is why many Muslims consider him Muslim? The following is from an Article by a Muslim writer in Forbes:

"Most of the Muslims I know (me included) can’t seem to accept that Obama is not Muslim".

"The rationalistic, Western side of me knows that Obama has denied being Muslim, that his father was non-practicing, that he doesn’t attend a mosque. Many Muslims simply say back, “my father’s not a strict Muslim either, and I haven’t been to a mosque in years.” Obama even told The New York Times he could recite the adhan, the Islamic call to prayer, which the vast majority of Muslims, I would guess, do not know well enough to recite."

My Muslim President Obama - Forbes
"Many Muslims" is completely unsupported. And for what it's worth that article is not only quite old (from 2009) but also from a forbes contributor- that's not a magazine staffer and does not speak for them. Contributors are a network of freelance bloggers that use the Forbes platform. The editorial oversight is pretty much nonexistent for those.

Quote:
Each contributor flies solo with his own blog. He is responsible for conceiving and creating the content, ensuring its accuracy and building an engaged, loyal readership. Forbes provides the technology and compensates some of the contributors, but otherwise, like all entrepreneurs, contributors are left to sink or swim on their own.
Quote:
What the Forbes model gains in quantity, speed and flexibility, it loses in editing.
There is no traditional editing of contributors’ copy, at least not prior to publishing. If a story gets hot or makes the homepage, a producer will “check it more carefully,” DVorkin said.
Traditional-minded journalists probably think that sounds reckless. From the beginning, there were concerns that Forbes’ model might “lessen the quality of the content.” Just last week, a Forbes contributor stumbled by writing a controversial post, deleting it to post an apology, only to have a Forbes producer later restore his original text with the apology.
What the Forbes model of contributed content means for journalism | Poynter.

Old 09-14-2015, 01:06 PM

613 posts, read 463,641 times
Does it even matter if he's Muslim or not? -_-
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies