Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2015, 12:08 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,827,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
Pretty much. All of my guns are locked in a safe, except for my carry gun. That gun is on my person most of the time, or beside my bed when I'm sleeping.

My unloaded guns in a safe are no more dangerous than a stack of bricks at Home Depot. However, those guns or bricks in the wrong hands can be dangerous.
the point that most of us are trying to make, but seem to not get across to the gun grabbers, is that just about anything in the wrong hands can be dangerous.

Old 09-30-2015, 01:00 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,082,296 times
If you could magically make all the guns disappear, then people who were violent in nature and were larger than other people, would have a much greater advantage than they do now. In some states this is true already. The only people the larger violent thugs have to fear are people who ignore the gun laws.

Once all the guns have disappeared, the larger people with knives would have an even greater advantage, over the smaller people, than they would if they both had guns. Guns make better equalizers than knives. So, I guess I would have to start carrying a spear around after someone pulls the magic card.

Old 09-30-2015, 01:35 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,818,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
If you could magically make all the guns disappear, then people who were violent in nature and were larger than other people, would have a much greater advantage than they do now. In some states this is true already. The only people the larger violent thugs have to fear are people who ignore the gun laws.

Once all the guns have disappeared, the larger people with knives would have an even greater advantage, over the smaller people, than they would if they both had guns. Guns make better equalizers than knives. So, I guess I would have to start carrying a spear around after someone pulls the magic card.
Their is an old saying

"God made man, but Samuel Colt made them equal"

Old 09-30-2015, 02:41 PM

4,395 posts, read 4,910,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynard32 View Post
Dead is dead. Gun-related deaths include homicides, suicides, and accidental deaths. Is that really hard to understand?

How many times does it have to be pointed out that by virtue of committing their first gun crime, "law-abiders" turn into gun-criminals every day. Law-abiders as a group simply cannot be trusted.

By the clank of your pan-fried logic, you prove yourself wrong. Post after post after post.
After the bombing of Pearl Harbor, law abiding U.S citizens of Japanese descent "could not be trusted" and were put in internment camps. The Supreme Court upheld this citing the safety of the population trumped individual rights. So go ahead and petition your supreme leader in the White House to issue his executive order like FDR did. The precedent has been set.

It's good that the speed and volume of communication has increased since the 1940s or I'm sure the leader of the current regime would have tried this already. He's a collectivist like you. I'm an individual and I freely associate (or don't associate) with other individuals.

It's also good that we still have due process and we can't be locked up for what we can potentially do because I have the potential to create a LOT of carnage. But I wouldn't. I respect the rights of others. Not only the right to life but everything down to the right to personal property and privacy as well. For example, my neighbor could leave a stack of $1M dollars in his yard and I wouldn't be tempted to touch it. In fact, if any bills blew into my yard, I would return them.

I rambled through those paragraphs to get to this conclusion - I'm not very religious but I live my life by a very strict code. I would never harm another person unless I or my family are in imminent danger. People with mental issues may have their moral compass skewed. These people need help. Then there is a small group with no moral compass at all and they are responsible for the majority of the crime. They should be locked away or put down like a rabid dog. The rest of us just want to live in peace but since there can never be total peace in a free society, we take measures to protect ourselves.

Old 09-30-2015, 03:01 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,827,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Their is an old saying

"God made man, but Samuel Colt made them equal"
karl: well i killed a man

barbarosa: thats hardly a recommendation

karl: well he was bigger than me

barbarosa: ole sam colt makes everyone just about the same size

karl: i didnt use no colt, i used a stick. he was my brother inlaw, god damn it

its not the gun thats the problem, its the PEOPLE.

Old 09-30-2015, 03:25 PM

17,558 posts, read 13,334,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
the point that most of us are trying to make, but seem to not get across to the gun grabbers, is that just about anything in the wrong hands can be dangerous.
Cavemen used clubs. Mobsters used to use an ice pick in the ear. A mad husband or wife can pick up an iron, a baseball bat, a knitting needle, a knife, a heavy plate...Let's outlaw all of those objects.

Oh, BTW, saw a report on the news last night that a crazy person deliberately drove into a crowd because she was pissed. I guess we need to outlaw cars now

Old 09-30-2015, 06:14 PM

1,589 posts, read 1,184,074 times
30,000 dead every year. Nearly 200,000 wounded seriously enough to require a trip to the ER. All thanks to guns. NRA-bots don't care.

Old 09-30-2015, 06:19 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,395,538 times
The laughable myth is don't take the law into your own hands better to let the police handle it
The other is I'm supposed to over power a 275lb pro football player with my bare hands who is intent on beating me to death

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 09-30-2015 at 06:58 PM..

Old 09-30-2015, 06:56 PM

46,263 posts, read 27,082,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynard32 View Post
30,000 dead every year. Nearly 200,000 wounded seriously enough to require a trip to the ER. All thanks to guns. NRA-bots don't care.
15,000 because they wanted to kill themselves...yet you don't care about that....why?

What does the NRA have to do with gang members killing themselves? (not including the 15,000 who take their life because they can with a gun).

Old 09-30-2015, 06:57 PM

46,263 posts, read 27,082,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
The laughable myth is don't take the law into your own hands better to let the police handle it

Quote:
June 27 - The Supreme Court ruled on Monday that the police did not have a constitutional duty to protect a person from harm, even a woman who had obtained a court-issued protective order against a violent husband making an arrest mandatory for a violation.
FACTS BE DAMNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/28/po...eone.html?_r=0
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies