Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2015, 05:38 AM

28,620 posts, read 18,658,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Agreed.

Ok......

Ah..... I'm not arguing we bans. I'm just saying you don't need a "right" to own one. It's cute so many people put so much faith in piece of paper enclosed in glass in the Smithsonian or wherever it's kept. I put more faith in the institutions (both public and private) that actually built this country.

Never once argued to ban guns.
So you agree that the right is a moral one. Great.

Old 10-27-2015, 03:57 PM

46,197 posts, read 26,953,582 times
Quote:
Based on what? Quantify your claim.

BTW, I'm the first to say we should end the war on drugs and then lets see how much gun violence drops.
Based on everything......

Hell, just look at the NEWS today....student does not listen to teacher or cop...what happens....what makes that lady different than every other person in that class...

Quantify what? That people don't listen the the police, just look around...

Old 10-27-2015, 03:59 PM

Quote:
I notice how you can't respond to my other points.... Anywho.

We should update freedom of speech and the right to assembly for the 21st century. I'm not as fearful as you and your ilk.
I missed one, now I have responded....

WOW....you really are a true leftist, you want to modify freedom of speech....you understand you would not be able to say what you are saying right now....right....

Old 10-27-2015, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Ah, the ole burden of proof. That's a fair position, albeit the lazy one over the CD: P&C section. What assurances do I have that if I spend 30 minutes to prepare an argument you'll actually respond in kind with facts, you know..."measures, correlates, trends over time, that kind of thing"?

Or...Or...

I simply put out the position of.... "Without spending 30 minutes of research effort, I say that the 2nd amendment is pointless and offers no more benefit than without a right to bear arms in developed countries."
No, you told me to quantify my points, now YOU do the same....unless you cannot...which I suspect is the reason why you ask one person (me) to quantify my position, yet when you are asked, you pull the leftist BS card and say, do your own research....why is that?

Old 10-27-2015, 09:40 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,093,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Based on everything......
LOLOLOLOL. What a vague and impotent response.

Quote:
Hell, just look at the NEWS today....student does not listen to teacher or cop...what happens....what makes that lady different than every other person in that class...

Quantify what? That people don't listen the the police, just look around...
LOL. And you think it's only in the US where people are disrespectful to law enforcement. Or where teenagers are disrespectful to authority? There's a big world out there....

Old 10-27-2015, 09:41 PM

Quote:
I missed one, now I have responded....

WOW....you really are a true leftist, you want to modify freedom of speech....you understand you would not be able to say what you are saying right now....right....
LOL... Yes I would modify freedom of speech so I wouldn't have freedom of speech.....

Typical conservative logic.....

Old 10-27-2015, 09:44 PM

Quote:
No, you told me to quantify my points, now YOU do the same....unless you cannot...which I suspect is the reason why you ask one person (me) to quantify my position, yet when you are asked, you pull the leftist BS card and say, do your own research....why is that?
I clearly responded asking what assurances I had that the poster would respond in kind if I took the time to do a little research.... That poster has yet to respond back with an answer.

Do you have some sort of reading comprehension issue?

What assurances do I have from you to actually respond back with something vaguely resembling an intelligent thought? You show me you can respond back with something better than you are giving me....

....typical gun nutz

Old 10-28-2015, 05:10 AM

1,951 posts, read 1,629,980 times
Quote:
I clearly responded asking what assurances I had that the poster would respond in kind if I took the time to do a little research.... That poster has yet to respond back with an answer.

Do you have some sort of reading comprehension issue?

What assurances do I have from you to actually respond back with something vaguely resembling an intelligent thought? You show me you can respond back with something better than you are giving me....

....typical gun nutz
Hey look, more posts with no evidence.

I'm still laughing at that defense. Like if the scientific community said "we're not going to do any research because maybe someone might stop reading it". Talk about being anti-science.

So go ahead. Evidence. Let's go. Or don't, you're just confirming my suspicion that you're not coming from a place of science and fact.

Old 10-28-2015, 05:33 AM

28,620 posts, read 18,658,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
But in a country with a "government of the people," that would be okay.

However, it's arguable that the US is not a plutocracy--notice Trump boasting that he is able to get a conceal weapons permit "even in New York."
I meant to say: However, it's arguable that the US is a plutocracy--notice Trump boasting that he is able to get a conceal weapons permit "even in New York."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies