Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2015, 12:52 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,690,103 times

Advertisements

This is beyond ridiculous. But some idiots leading our schools just like to exercise their power.
----------------
A Pikesville, Maryland, 13-year-old will be charged with second-degree assault for kissing a 14-year-old girl on a dare. The "assault" happened at Pikesville Middle School on Friday. Police were called to the scene.

https://reason.com/blog/2015/09/11/t...dare-now-he-fa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2015, 12:59 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,959,798 times
My son just got slapped with a detention for slapping one of his buddies on the back of the neck. When I asked my son why on Earth he would do that, he said it's a game he and the other boys play called "necking." Some sort of crazy tag game, where you slap someone on the neck cupping your hands to make it sound louder. I had emailed the teacher to see WTF this was all about, and she said her job was the safety of other students, and that under no circumstances is a student to touch another student....PERIOD! I mean, I get it, because in the sense what turns out to be harmless fun, can end up with someone getting seriously hurt. But, a detention? Come on? But hey, in this case as well as my son's this is where zero tolerance BS is taking us!

Just another day in the PC Bizzaro World.

Old 09-14-2015, 01:18 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,608,492 times
There are 14000+ school districts in the US. The trustees are elected by the people. If I strongly disagreed with something within my school district, I could do my best to work with the district towards a change or vent about it on an anonymous internet forum. Which course of action be might be more effective?

Old 09-14-2015, 01:34 PM

3,550 posts, read 1,542,302 times
My friends and I were groped by boys in middle school. We told a teacher, who told the principal, who ripped the boys a new one. It never happened again. This same principal made me call my mom to tell her what I'd done after he caught me using foul language (separate incident) . He probably made the boys call their parents, too. The boys (and kissing boy) should not force themselves on a girl, but it's hardly grounds for assault charges at that age, or even a call to the police.

Old 09-14-2015, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
There are 14000+ school districts in the US. The trustees are elected by the people. If I strongly disagreed with something within my school district, I could do my best to work with the district towards a change or vent about it on an anonymous internet forum. Which course of action be might be more effective?
Both are quite effective. I have no kids in school, but I think idiot behavior and abuse of power by officials should be exposed as much as possible.

Old 09-14-2015, 01:48 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,180,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinaCarlotta View Post
My friends and I were groped by boys in middle school. We told a teacher, who told the principal, who ripped the boys a new one. It never happened again. This same principal made me call my mom to tell her what I'd done after he caught me using foul language (separate incident) . He probably made the boys call their parents, too. The boys (and kissing boy) should not force themselves on a girl, but it's hardly grounds for assault charges at that age, or even a call to the police.
Now that would be effective.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Old 09-14-2015, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinaCarlotta View Post
This is true. Why is it so difficult for control freaks to use a little judgement when doing their job? It may be the idiotic "tough on crime" and "if you can't do the time, don't do the crime" mentality that pervades much of our society.
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies