Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 04:49 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,328,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiddy View Post
I don't know. Especially with all the political coverage due to this being an election year, I think everyone would be greatful for a day without politics. This sounds like a victory for ESPN's pregame ratings, not Fox's.
Let's compare ratings on the big day, shall we?

Loser buys the beer.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2008, 04:54 PM

4,688 posts, read 10,105,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Let's compare ratings on the big day, shall we?

Loser buys the beer.

Hahaha. Deal.

Although, to clarify, we're going to be comparing ESPN's historical pregame ratings vs the Super Bowl networks pregame ratings. I'm sure Fox will still have much higher ratings than ESPN.

Old 01-28-2008, 10:50 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,918,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
I have no idea what you are talking about. My post is about the cleverness of the Fox network to blend news and sports in a creative way that will earn a huge viewership. They are in the business of attracting viewers, after all...
I actually wasn't refering to you or talking to u.. it was more in response to tomocox who is comparing fox to cnn...which brings up the constant debates on this forum about where everyone gets their news from.. the liberal biased media.. or the fox news righties....

Old 01-28-2008, 11:36 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,445,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Or for an interesting alternative we can tune into CNN. You might get 20 minutes between whats new with Britiny Spears. God damn throw her in jail already so that CNN can move on to someone else.
I do not think that will happen because she makes to many people money. I caught blurbs on how much money she puts into the economy? I did not watch for obvious reasons. But OMG!

Old 01-29-2008, 05:43 AM

365 posts, read 699,211 times
what did the guy say yesterday that was verbally threatening the president??...they went on and on all day on FOX about it, I saw it at work, but they never told what the fool said....or what was in the "package" he left ... that scared me, I dont like Bush, but I dont wanna see anybody killed, anyone have more info??...I havent seen the news anymore yet...

Old 01-29-2008, 05:54 AM

4,826 posts, read 14,311,771 times
Since my name was brought up, in this thread... I do watch Fox news. I do turn it off a lot too. I do try to watch CNN/MSNBC/etc, too. All TV and most other media has to be sensationalist to get any attention. I get angry at Fox for this more than one might imagine, but as a point, for nearly every opinion expressed on Fox, there is at least a counter opinion. I don't think there is a right wing TV media in America. While Fox might seem to be to the right, fact is they do a better job of taking the middle (where all media should be) than any other network, including ESPN.

Old 01-29-2008, 06:56 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,442,097 times
Lightbulb Yeah, those Fox news people are really dumb...

I don't think "dumb" is the proper adjective. I think I'd prefer partisan.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c343/skoro52/faux_news.jpg (broken link)

Old 01-29-2008, 08:18 AM

1,478 posts, read 5,083,919 times
Oh, News Corp. is very business savy, who can argue that? Fox news is just obscenely biased.

Old 01-29-2008, 09:31 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,328,678 times
[quote=skoro;2657553]I don't think "dumb" is the proper adjective. I think I'd prefer partisan.

So --- coverage f the Super Bowl is "partisan"?

Please explain.

And keep the tasteless Nazi references to yourself. Otherwise, people might think you're bereft of even basic decency.

Old 01-29-2008, 09:44 AM

2,684 posts, read 6,886,507 times
Now I'm a big football fan, played for ten years and all that jazz. But I just don't see how people can sit and watch pre-game for hours:

Madden: Well now Brady has to go out their and throw passes.

Some Other Over Weight Dude: Yeah and the game plan is to have Randy Moss catch them then run into the endzone.

Madden: Well now, whats Eli Manning's winning strategy?

SOOWD: Well he's gonna want to throw some touchdown passes.

Madden: I agree, buuuut his recievers need to catch them.

SOOWD: OK lets go to our semiattractive token female reporter for an insperatioal story about how Tom Brady over came getting his tonsils out at age 12 and yet still managed to a have successful football career...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies