Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2015, 08:57 PM

25,420 posts, read 17,101,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robeaux View Post
I'm sorry, I can't find a link for the video, but this is his quote:

"I don't agree that you, when you become students at colleges, have to be coddled and protected from different points of view. You shouldn't silence them by saying 'you can't come because my...sens...I'm too sensitive to hear what you say'. That's not the way we learn either"

This is of course regarding the censorship by some colleges, not letting some speakers have their voice.

Bravo sir...
Surely, you don't believe him.

He only wants people to view him as tolerant. He has no intention of becoming so.

Why? Because the Democratic Party is in deep Ka-Ka, and is being dragged further to the left every month. So he drags out the "But we are the tolerant ones" argument.

Fail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2015, 09:31 PM

69,368 posts, read 63,961,336 times
Quote:

"I don't agree that you, when you become students at colleges, have to be coddled and protected from different points of view. You shouldn't silence them by saying 'you can't come because my...sens...I'm too sensitive to hear what you say'. That's not the way we learn either"

This is of course regarding the censorship by some colleges, not letting some speakers have their voice.

Bravo sir...
If only Obamas actions, were consistent with his words

Old 09-16-2015, 01:36 AM

7,443 posts, read 5,707,939 times
Quote:

Bravo sir...
Well, he spoke so he's obviously lying.

If you like your doctor...

Old 09-16-2015, 04:11 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,863,317 times
Quote:

Bravo sir...
Taken at face value, sure, those words are nice. But when you consider the fact that he subscribes to an ideology that does the exact opposite of what he's saying, the words don't mean a whole lot.

It's Liberal run institutions that censor speech. Liberty University on the other hand, a Conservative college, invited Bernie Sanders to speak, and made attendance mandatory.

Old 09-16-2015, 04:43 AM

26,943 posts, read 15,160,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
You do realize there is nothing in Obamacare that makes you lose your doctor, it is infact, the insurance companies and the doctors themselves who choose not to keep you on as a patient or changed your network.

you do realize that there are reasons doctors are making those choices and that Obamacare was written for insurance companies.

Old 09-16-2015, 04:57 AM

29,462 posts, read 16,420,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Which only happened because we have obamacare.
Doesnt change the fact that your insurance company could have simply added a feature to your plan instead saying the plan no longer exist. its not like the plans are rare animals that die out, its a set of guidelines and the company simply choose to rename it .

Same goes for doctors who simply choose not to keep on patients.

Old 09-16-2015, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
you do realize that there are reasons doctors are making those choices and that Obamacare was written for insurance companies.
I realize that there is a actually a large group of doctors that are ideologically opposed to Obamacare even though the reality of the Healthcare law was already realized considering the same principles were already in place in larger companies that shared medical cost.

Your doctor telling you it cost him/her more is a flat out lie in most cases.

Old 09-16-2015, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
true, i am blaming obama, because it is his signature initiative. and the rules are set by the government, specifically the health and welfare department, in other words OBAMAS PEOPLE. the rules were in fact designed to force insurance companies to eliminate plans and replace them. that includes doctors as well.
No the rules werent, they were there to improve the plans that existed.

Old 09-16-2015, 05:29 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,676,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
I agree too, I also agree when he said Blacks need to step up and do a better job as being role models for their children.
Obama's been saying that since before he was elected. Why do so many divert every topic into race?

Old 09-16-2015, 05:30 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,676,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Surely, you don't believe him.

He only wants people to view him as tolerant. He has no intention of becoming so.

Why? Because the Democratic Party is in deep Ka-Ka, and is being dragged further to the left every month. So he drags out the "But we are the tolerant ones" argument.

Fail.
Actually, research has shown Democrats have shifted to the right and conservatives have shifted further right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies