Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2015, 04:51 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,173,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzmeister View Post
Seems a lot of people in this thread support the Intelligence Agencies more than they support the U.S. Constitution. That's troubling.

Here's more on Hillary Clinton's misguided position on Snowden.

Hillary Clinton Is Wrong About Edward Snowden - The New Yorker

She's such a joke.
It's pretty insane that she says he should do jail time when in fact she should.

Snowden for president
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2015, 05:03 PM

4,664 posts, read 8,239,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
She's such a joke.
It's pretty insane that she says he should do jail time when in fact she should.

Snowden for president

What isn't a joke is that Snowden will do time should he ever set foot back on US soil, and its likely that Hillary will be the next President.

Old 10-15-2015, 05:05 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,173,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag3.14 View Post
What isn't a joke is that Snowden will do time should he ever set foot back on US soil, and its likely that Hillary will be the next President.

Eh, Putin (my favorite kick ass leader) is protecting Snowden
He's gonna stay put, I'm sure....
He's a very smart man.....

And as for that criminal, Clinton who knows?
Who cares?
Not worth my time to stress about

Old 10-15-2015, 06:58 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,088,992 times
Quote:
Not true. And Hillary was 100% correct about Snowden. Those who think that naive hypocritical douche is some sort of hero are a wee bit short on reality brain cells.
There are distinct opinions. If you are comfortable with the government having the ability to go through your life arrest you without charge and imprison you without trial you should see Snowden as a villain. Granted the chances of that happening are slim, however, many people feel they are not. If you feel that the countless million secrets are important for the functioning of the society in the world we live in then so be it. Many agree. However, we know for sure that absolute power corrupts absolutely. If you have any doubts ask any number of leaders in the "free" world who were wiretapped and spied on. See what they think. While it's easier to dismiss Snowden as a "douche" your word...instead of actually thinking what he did (in my opinion) catch the NSA in a criminal conspiracy.

However it plays out, his actions have changed the country and the laws. His impact now and in the future will be significant. I don't know about you, but I would not be as poised as he was if the NSA and governments around the world were after me...you?

A hero acts without regard for the consequences.

Old 10-15-2015, 09:38 PM

4,664 posts, read 8,239,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
There are distinct opinions. If you are comfortable with the government having the ability to go through your life arrest you without charge and imprison you without trial you should see Snowden as a villain. Granted the chances of that happening are slim, however, many people feel they are not. If you feel that the countless million secrets are important for the functioning of the society in the world we live in then so be it. Many agree. However, we know for sure that absolute power corrupts absolutely. If you have any doubts ask any number of leaders in the "free" world who were wiretapped and spied on. See what they think. While it's easier to dismiss Snowden as a "douche" your word...instead of actually thinking what he did (in my opinion) catch the NSA in a criminal conspiracy.

However it plays out, his actions have changed the country and the laws. His impact now and in the future will be significant. I don't know about you, but I would not be as poised as he was if the NSA and governments around the world were after me...you?

A hero acts without regard for the consequences.

"A hero acts without consequences". Tell me how a guy who first works for the NSA (and somehow isn't sure of what they do exactly), steals information, breaks the law and his contract completely and then gives it over to the media (of whom only really care about ratings), and then runs away to hide in a country with the absolute opposite culture of what he claims he is protecting, is somehow anything remotely akin to hero??

Oh, and all the while endangering the lives and security of Americans. What a tool.

Old 10-15-2015, 11:00 PM

13,302 posts, read 7,863,608 times
Quote:
"A hero acts without consequences". Tell me how a guy who first works for the NSA (and somehow isn't sure of what they do exactly), steals information, breaks the law and his contract completely and then gives it over to the media (of whom only really care about ratings), and then runs away to hide in a country with the absolute opposite culture of what he claims he is protecting, is somehow anything remotely akin to hero??

Oh, and all the while endangering the lives and security of Americans. What a tool.
America ain't what it used to be.

Old 10-15-2015, 11:29 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,823,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003
Snowden has done more to help Americans fight a tyrannical government than anyone in the past 200 years
Many of us knew what was going on BEFORE THIS SO CALLED "SNOWDEN" revealed all this stuff!!

Who knows if 'snowden' is the guys real name.... IM SERIOUS.... WE DONT KNOW ANYTHING BUT WHAT THEY TELL US! (What they want played out (Which is unreliable))

Old 10-16-2015, 01:25 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,600,078 times
Quote:

Ahh. So you have judged him guilty before he has had a trial by a jury of his peers as is his right under the US Constitution.

I wish people were joking when they judge others as traitors while completely due process guaranteed by the US Constitution. Unfortunately there are too many, as demonstrated here, who apparently see no issue with this for partisan reasons.

(BTW. The King won't be he next president.)

Old 10-16-2015, 01:38 AM

30,992 posts, read 22,039,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Thanks to Snowden, Obama got his transparency.
True,, but it doesn't matter because his supporters are fine with his lies..

Old 10-16-2015, 01:40 AM

30,992 posts, read 22,039,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
She's such a joke.

Snowden for president
Hillary and Snowden, two peas in a pod.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies