Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2015, 01:28 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,554,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuvin View Post
That's no excuse for jackbooting around the Middle East and acting exactly like the people who came close to eradicating you 70 odd years ago.

Hypocrite, anyone??
I don't think you know how to make analogies. So don't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2015, 01:29 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Give them a pile of sand to call their own. Take it from Iran, same way they made Israel happen for the refugees, after WW-II.
If they, the UN agreed with Israel, they can certainly agree on that.

Old 09-17-2015, 01:31 PM

123 posts, read 105,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
look guy, I don't give a rat's rear where they go. do I feel bad for them? sure, I am human.

but don't expect Israel to take in refugees from a country they've been at war with for 67 years. and then huff and puff when they have the audacity to not take in Syrians to their NJ size country. that's just irrational.

if you're going to get all riled up, be pissed at all the gulf Arab states who haven't lifted their filthy fingers to help their own "brothers". They not only have OODLES OF SPACE, BUT OODLES OF MONEY!
See my last post. The fix is in...these other Muslim lands that have made an appalling effort to help their brothers see more of a takeover of Western governments allowing these people in which will only help them down the road.

It was all so simple...not one single rifle was lifted...these Western governments allowed the invasion without a single shot fired...that, indeed, does make my blood boil.

We are allowing it to some extent in America as well. All my forefathers' lands (on this side of the Pond and the other) is being desecrated into disrepair!!!

Old 09-17-2015, 01:38 PM

30,370 posts, read 19,162,886 times
I don't think they are very comparable. Jews don't have a religious faith that tells them to convert, or kill or subdue all infidels and they weren't running around chopping heads off thousands of people that they controlled or turning thousands of young girls into sex slaves which is supported by the religion.

There was resentment in some cases of Jewish immigration but the Jews didn't have a religious edict to subdue Americans as Muslims do according to their book.

Old 09-17-2015, 01:46 PM

1,793 posts, read 1,441,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
"'The way stateless Jews from Germany are pouring in from every port of this country is becoming an outrage . . .' In these words, Mr Herbert Metcalfe, the Old Street magistrate, yesterday referred to the number of aliens entering the country through the 'back door' - a problem to which the Daily Mail has repeatedly pointed."
Daily Mail, August 20, 1938

The fact has to be recognised that Christians generally do not take kindly to the Jewish race . . . Not a few Englishmen regard Jews with a vague unfriendly toleration not far removed from dislike. . .and share. . .the wonder expressed in the lines 'How Odd of God to Choose The Jews'."
East Anglian Daily Times, March 2, 1934

"A typically baffling illustration of the difficulty is the fact that Britain now has more Jews than Germany ever had. If a further accretion of, say, 100,000 of them come into the country, how could the danger be averted of an anti-Jewish feeling here?"
The Observer, July 31, 1938We've been here before | UK news | The Guardian

I see a lot of posters here seem threatened by Syrian refugees and if you turn the clocks back to the 1930s it does not seem much different with the views regarding refugees.
Grow up.

Old 09-17-2015, 02:21 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,235,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuvin View Post
That's no excuse for jackbooting around the Middle East and acting exactly like the people who came close to eradicating you 70 odd years ago.

Hypocrite, anyone??
Huh? You mean Israel has been "jack booting", Nazi style, all over the Middle East and gassing millions of people?

Was this on the news? Gotta link?

Old 09-17-2015, 02:39 PM

2,528 posts, read 1,657,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESK85 View Post
But Europe should? America should? This is classic do as I say, not as I do. If you're in a glass house do not throw stones. Israelis are in no authority whatsoever to be the arbiters of who should take in these supposed refugees on the basis of their erroneous self-righteousness.
What? When Israel said something about those refugees? What are you talking about?

Old 09-17-2015, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Then why should America!?!?
Who in Israel said that USA and the West need to accept them?

Old 09-17-2015, 02:44 PM

123 posts, read 105,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
What? When Israel said something about those refugees? What are you talking about?
I've heard and read it many times - the comparisons of Jews being "turned back" and so on - stop it already. If people are going to throw that analogy around then don't be upset when someone like myself tears that analogy to shreds with the appropriate example that is Israel in this context.

If Hungary turns back these invaders (and rightfully so - they are a sovereign nation of laws after all) I do not like it when Cultural Marxists pull their guilt crap and make them out to be Nazis and so on. That's wrong and I'm going to call 'em on it.

It's the same tired rhetoric used in America to justify tens of millions of non-Americans into America - cultural Marxist crap.

Old 09-17-2015, 02:48 PM

Quote:
I've heard and read it many times - the comparisons of Jews being "turned back" and so on - stop it already. If people are going to throw that analogy around then don't be upset when someone like myself tears that analogy to shreds with the appropriate example that is Israel in this context.

If Hungary turns back these invaders (and rightfully so - they are a sovereign nation of laws after all) I do not like it when Cultural Marxists pull their guilt crap and make them out to be Nazis and so on. That's wrong and I'm going to call 'em on it.

It's the same tired rhetoric used in America to justify tens of millions of non-Americans into America - cultural Marxist crap.
Israel and Zionists are the last to compare this idiotic comparison. Stop accusing Israel in anything in the world. Maybe they deed the Earthquake in Chili yesterday?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies