Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2015, 02:36 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,726,318 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrafficCory View Post
Because Presidents are leaders. Leaders of every person (whethere they voted for him or not) in this country. (Snip).
Ha! I didn't realize this was a comedy forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2015, 02:38 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,233,172 times
Obama thinks America is so great that he's constantly apologizing for it.

Old 09-17-2015, 02:49 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,638,570 times
lol, he will be gone next year and then you guys can relax and have to your country back. I know these last 8 year's have been the worst ever.

All these major terrorist attacks and stuff...

we need someone to make us safe again.

Old 09-17-2015, 06:36 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,049,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
"The President appeared to troll Donald Trump a bit too in his tweet, mocking the GOP presidential frontrunner's claim he will "make America great again.""

Obama did this by tweeting: Cool clock, Ahmed. Want to bring it to the White House? We should inspire more kids like you to like science. It's what makes America great.

This has nothing to do with the, "you didn't build that..." comment. If you read the short article this would be pretty clear.
No, you just missed it.
Building of the "clock."

"America is great"
(Apologizes for America)
"You didn't build that"
(We need more kids to like science, look at what you built! You get special attention now!)

His enamored cult won't notice any of these ironies of course...

Old 09-17-2015, 06:39 PM

13,684 posts, read 9,003,085 times
Here is what I think:

The United States of America has been 'great' since at least the year I was born (1955), for at least one reason: every four years, we elect a new President of the US of A without riots, mayhem, or other disturbances. Every single election, indeed, dating back to the beginning, has witnessed a smooth transfer of 'power' from one President to another.

That, sir or madam, is at least one reason we enjoy 'greatness'.

Old 09-17-2015, 06:41 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,518,799 times
America has the potential to be great again. The fool in the white house, not a chance. America has suffered greatly with that mooslim occupying the people's house.

Old 09-17-2015, 06:43 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,702,097 times
I think we have major problems (the first episode of Newsroom covered that well when he listed all the reasons we're not great) but I still think we have a dynamic culture of innovation, entrepreneurialism, arts (including the movie and music industries), and scientific breakthroughs that stands apart.

Old 09-17-2015, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
America has the potential to be great again. The fool in the white house, not a chance. America has suffered greatly with that mooslim occupying the people's house.
I'm always fascinated when I see people who think this way. We were plummeting as a country before Obama took over - mismanaged wars, economic collapse, tattered foreign relations.

We're actually doing great now, creating millions of private sector jobs while government jobs decline, and on a clear upward trajectory.

Old 09-17-2015, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Here is what I think:

The United States of America has been 'great' since at least the year I was born (1955), for at least one reason: every four years, we elect a new President of the US of A without riots, mayhem, or other disturbances. Every single election, indeed, dating back to the beginning, has witnessed a smooth transfer of 'power' from one President to another.

That, sir or madam, is at least one reason we enjoy 'greatness'.
While that's true, can't most developed countries claim that? I'm not sure we should brag about being more functional than a banana republic.

Old 09-17-2015, 07:13 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,183,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
No. The reference the OP is talking about is here. Obama was refuting Trump's slogan "Making America Great Again" and said America is great right now.

Obama refutes Trump, says America is great 'right now' - Washington Times
Maybe. I'll give you that for sure! BUT, the OP was not clear so either one of us could be correct. Cheers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies