Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2015, 11:10 PM

39,004 posts, read 27,386,785 times

Advertisements

Fiorina is a hawk, she might as well run office in Israel.

Russia is a bad actor, don't talk to Putin.

Really? That is her knowledge of foreign policy?

sheesh

Old 09-18-2015, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
The Democrats are counting on people like you to make Donald Trump the Republican nominee.
Be careful what you wish for.

Old 09-18-2015, 11:14 PM

4,081 posts, read 3,585,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM05 View Post
All this Debate Crap is overrated - over Hyped. Doesn't matter worth a hoot who draws 15 Seconds of Attention on a Stage controlled by Superficial Creeps, as megyn kelly, Jake Tapped-out, etc.

Trump has Shined like No one since Ronald Reagan, addressing the Most Important issues facing this Nation, that NONE would even consider broaching....Until Donald Trump, boldly, Fearlessly...yes, even articulately and eloquently, took on himself and promised he would deal with it all.

These other coward pretenders NOW, are trying to throw him off ....but, that's futile.

Trump says what he means, and Means what he Says.

None of these 'Usual Suspects' are in Trump's league.
I say this as a Republican: WAKE UP AND HAVE AN INDEPENDENT THOUGHT FOR ONCE. Trump is an economic liberal, a position that you probably won't like. People like you are the reason why he gets away with talking without any specific plans or opinions.

Old 09-18-2015, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Be careful what you wish for.
Just like we're hoping for Sanders, they're hoping for Trump. It's a race to find the biggest loser (in the general election).

Old 09-18-2015, 11:18 PM

31,904 posts, read 14,886,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Just me opinion of who were the winners and losers: remember, for most of us, our personal favorites are going to influence our ideas:

Winner as of right now: Carly for sure; she was precise, has done her homework in most cases, no one will ever not make a mistake: and seems to be in complete control: a leader in my book.

Rubio: He is a young man with good ideas, articulate and conservative enough without being totally over the top. I think he showed that Wednesday night. I admire him for not trying to slap all the other candidates around, but rather is telling us what he would do if elected.

Bush: he is not my favorite, but I think he did better than the first round.

Losers: Trump, he still just keeps telling us what a great group he will put together: isnt' that what most of the candidates plan on doing. He thinks, just by reminding us how rich he is, he can control the world. He never mentions much of his money was inherited. He is a blow hard, that thinks the way to win is to put others down.

Paul: I had hopes when he entered the race. Though I don't like all of his ideas I still thought he might be the answer: I have changed my mind. He is exactly like his dad and has too many nutty ideas in my mind.

Walker: A guy that has done a lot and shown he can win in his state, but I just can't see him as our leader. He needed to prove himself and I didn't think he did. His days are numbered.

The rest of the pack had good and bad moments: Nothing that wll go down as rememberable or game changing. I do think we are going to see Ben Carson start to slip.
She did her homework because she had no idea what she was talking about beforehand. She had her talking points down pat. That is no leader to me. I want someone to talk to me without being rehearsed...talk to me with gaffes. I want someone real and not rehearsed.

Old 09-18-2015, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
I say this as a Republican: WAKE UP AND HAVE AN INDEPENDENT THOUGHT FOR ONCE. Trump is an economic liberal, a position that you probably won't like. People like you are the reason why he gets away with talking without any specific plans or opinions.
He wants to cut government spending and stop raising the debt ceiling.

"The hedge fund people make a lot of money and they pay very little tax," Trump said in an interview Wednesday with Bloomberg. "I want to lower taxes for the middle class."

Doesn't sound too bad if he could deliver.

Don't know if Trump is trolling all of us, but he sets his own bar so high. I am assuming he doesn't mind being held accountable of his words.

I don't agree with his views on international trade, and he occasionally sounds clueless and F*cking stupid, but I will still vote for him because he will get a lot done.

Old 09-18-2015, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
He wants to cut government spending and stop raising the debt ceiling.

"The hedge fund people make a lot of money and they pay very little tax," Trump said in an interview Wednesday with Bloomberg. "I want to lower taxes for the middle class."

Doesn't sound too bad if he could deliver.

Don't know if Trump is trolling all of us, but he sets his own bar so high. I am assuming he doesn't mind being held accountable of his words.
What Trump said in that top quote could have very easily been said by Barack Obama or Hillary Clinton. ALL politicians talk about lowering taxes on the middle class, so don't look too far into that. Take that out of the equation, then you're left for the first bit (which really speaks for itself).

Trump is NOT giving specifics on economic policy because he knows it would be political suicide in the primary stage. He's trying to string people along before unveiling his liberal economic policy, hoping that supporters will stay along for the ride. Unfortunately, many of the uneducated ones who listen to sounds bites instead of doing proper research will stay in his camp.

Old 09-18-2015, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
What Trump said in that top quote could have very easily been said by Barack Obama or Hillary Clinton. ALL politicians talk about lowering taxes on the middle class, so don't look too far into that. Take that out of the equation, then you're left for the first bit (which really speaks for itself).

Trump is NOT giving specifics on economic policy because he knows it would be political suicide in the primary stage. He's trying to string people along before unveiling his liberal economic policy, hoping that supporters will stay along for the ride. Unfortunately, many of the uneducated ones who listen to sounds bites instead of doing proper research will stay in his camp[/b].
As a matter of fact, ALL politicians make promises and never deliver the result.

Trump, on the other hand, set his own bar so high. If he couldn't do the following

1. fix the border problem
2. bring jobs back
3. fix the va problem

I think he might just as well commit suicide.

This is the benefit of electing a man with a big mouth. He has no baggage, so he has to deliver results as a leader.

I would rather stuck with trump for four years (low risk, high rewards).

Old 09-19-2015, 12:37 AM

6,972 posts, read 4,828,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I dont you could have created a posting based upon more nonsense and lies if someone paid you to do so, which of course we all know you arent being paid, since you are so proud of the welfare you receive.
I'm not proud of the welfare I receive, but I'm damn sure happy it was there when I needed it. And let me ask you, if your choice was to die or receive Medicaid, which would you do? I'm sure you would choose to lie down and die first, am I right? *sarcasm*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
George W. Bush inherited a weakening economy, which became a recession by March, 2001.
George Bush inherited a balanced budget, which he promptly squandered on a war.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
No, it was the Democrats who caused the Great Recession by forcing banks to make home loans to obvious deadbeats lest they be accused of "racism."

Obama was a lawyer for ACORN, which threatened to sue banks if they didn't make loans to people who couldn't pay them back.

Bush didn't do enough to stop the nonsense, but are you really going to try and suggest that cold-hearted capitalist Republicans wanted to help the poor?

Are you going to suggest that, when your side's whole schtick is that Republicans don't give a fig about the poor?

ROTFLMAO!
Hey, did anyone here know Obama took office before 2008? Nope, me neither.

Dude, you crack me up! I remember November of 2008 like it was yesterday. In November, I got laid off at my job and everyone I knew was concerned because the Recession was starting and we knew it was going to be hard to find another job.

Quote:

But the Democrats support Planned Parenthood's illegally harvesting and selling of organs from aborted fetuses.

Charming.
Oh, please. Those videos have been shown to be edited and fake. Why do you think every state except one have discontinued the investigation into this?
Quote:
Name and direct quote, please.

Or are you just making things up?

Maybe you're mistaking a Republican for Democrat Harry Reid -- who refused to allow any votes on an energy bill because it might succeed and make Bush look good.
Biden: Mitch McConnell vowed no cooperation with the Obama administration from the get-go

Are you seriously going to tell me you don't remember the constant battles Obama had every time he wanted to follow through on something? Or you don't remember Congress shutting down the government because they had a temper tantrum? And I suppose you're unaware of the fact that 28 Republicans are threatening to shut down the government again by the first of October if Obama doesn't cave to their demands about Planned Parenthood.

Quote:

Not true.

The economy was going into a recession and the dotcom bubble was about to burst.

You forgot to mention that the national debt was $5 trillion when Bush took office.

Not true.

We were enforcing no fly zones over Iraq, with our planes getting shot at.

a shattered economy that the Democrats caused by forcing banks to make home loans to poor people who could never pay those loans back and then getting the government to guarantee those sub-prime loans via Freddy and Fannie.

which Obama increased -- eventually doubling the national debt

that the Democrats fully supported and voted to keep fundinig.

No.

He helped CAUSE the depression by threatening to sue banks that didn't lend to deadbeats.

He did that as a lawyer for ACORN.

Which has been plagued with scandals.

The latest one: Obama's attorney general has reneged on her promise to prosecute executives, but is going ahead with a huge fine against GM for its faulty ignition system that killed over 100 people.

"If you like your plan, you can keep your plan."

"If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor."

"The average family will save $2,500."

All lies.

Wrong.

Wall Street is still "too big to fail."

And, BTW, it was Clinton who signed the repeal of the Glass-Steagle Act, which made it possible for banks to risk their depositors' money.

Yeah...and with all of that the labor participation rate has declined, poverty has increased, average income has gone down, food stamps have nearly doubled.

But Obama's rich friends like Soros, Immelt and Buffet have been doing just fine. So have the Clintons. And so have the Obamas.

Look at Libya now.

ISIS and other terrorist groups are running the country, which is now a failed state.

Great going, Obama.

And, by the way, all those terrorists that killed our people in Benghazi....Obama was going to "get" them for sure.

He hasn't done that.

I wonder why not.

Because it would make him and Hillary look bad, that's why not.

Nonsense.
It's not worth my time to go back and argue about everything with you, but I will address this last one:

Quote:
Even before Obamacare, you could go to the emergency room for free.
You know this how? By personal experience? I would say not, because I did have to go to the ER several times when I was without insurance. If paying over $1000 was free, you need to take a remedial math class. I had my appendix out while I didn't have insurance and because of that, I checked myself out of the hospital the next day. My bill for that was over $4000. What is this "free" you speak of?

And apparently you've forgotten one of the big reasons Obama care was passed. And that was to free up the ER and save money by not making them doctors' offices. I ended up in ER for stomach pains that were doubling me in half about 8 years ago. Guess what the solution was? An over-the-counter medication. Guess how much I and the taxpayers had to pay for that visit, which could have been resolved in a doctors office for a whole lot less money? Did you miss the part where I said I couldn't afford my high blood pressure meds and my BP was 198/126? Which do you think would be cheaper for everyone? Me finally getting insurance under Obamacare and getting my meds from a doctor, or the taxpayers paying for my care and recovery after a stroke?

Old 09-19-2015, 12:56 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,403,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
So, you are blaming the Community Reinvestment Act of 1977 for the Great Recession? 31 years later? Really?
That, and many other things the Democrats strongly advocated.

Like Fanny and Freddie buying up subprime loans, and banks being threatened with loss of their FDIC insurance and loss of their ability to expand if they didn't make their quota of such loans.

Who was it that went ballistic when these policies were criticized in Congress?

Why, Barney Frank, Maxine Waters, and other leading Democrats.

Remember, it's the Democrats who want to help the poor, not the evil Republicans.

That's the usual liberal narrative.

So you can't back out of it now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.