Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2015, 09:51 PM

19,666 posts, read 9,985,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Bull crap....Most scientists are employed by universities, and would still have their jobs...Are you people completely anti-science?
Many universities hire scientists and pay them with government research grants. To protect him I won't say where he works, but my son has a PhD in plant science and does university research under a government grant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2015, 11:29 PM

33,499 posts, read 36,996,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Many universities hire scientists and pay them with government research grants. To protect him I won't say where he works, but my son has a PhD in plant science and does university research under a government grant.
So do you think the universities are leading the conspiracy theory you are buying into?

Old 09-24-2015, 11:41 PM

Quote:
So do you think the universities are leading the conspiracy theory you are buying into?
No, I think the government is paying for the flawed research you are accepting.

Old 09-24-2015, 11:47 PM

33,499 posts, read 36,996,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
No, I think the government is paying for the flawed research you are accepting.
Flawed? Please provide evidence that the research is flawed, and show me how it is flawed.

Old 09-25-2015, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Flawed? Please provide evidence that the research is flawed, and show me how it is flawed.
I should have said "intentionally" flawed. There are many scientists who do NOT agree with the data. You know that as well as I do.

Old 09-25-2015, 08:59 AM

6,367 posts, read 6,221,910 times
Quote:
Not all Americans, but many, and there seems to be an over supply of anti-science people on this forum.
I HOPE it's just on this forum!

But in my darkest times, it seems like they're everyone. ....

Old 09-25-2015, 09:16 AM

29,405 posts, read 19,492,383 times
NCEP satellite data on the left, NOAA ground and SST's instrumentation on the right (30 year averages)

https://twitter.com/BigJoeBastardi/s...51683094302720

Old 09-25-2015, 09:48 AM

865 posts, read 620,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
You'd be surprised what we can figure out. So what else ya got?
OK, tell us what the temperature will be, within 1 degree, next Thursday in Toledo, Phoenix and Peoria. Also, go ahead and tell us what the % change of precipitation and humidity will be.

That should be easy since you "scientists" know what's going to happen in 20, 30, 50, etc. years, right?

Old 09-25-2015, 10:25 AM

88,613 posts, read 44,334,570 times
Quote:
Bull crap....Most scientists are employed by universities, and would still have their jobs.
Nope. It's publish or perish. And grants pay for the studies on which published papers are based.

Old 09-25-2015, 10:28 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,664,179 times
Climate change is and has been since its conception a political tool. FOR or AGAINST.
When science is used for political reasons you will find most TRUTH will never see the light of DAY.
WHY? Because the lies are better then the TRUTH.

IF climate change is going to EFFECT all life on earth and the complete DESTRUCTION of all life and humans will die by the billions then Humanity is doomed. Now if we are the cause of climate change and do not believe humans are the solution. Because these same people who will "fix the issue" might try and effect the weather and patterns with science.
What harm would that do? Or what will carbon credits, taxes and or regulations actually do?

I think what would be best would be KNOWLEDGE and information and let people be informed. BEYOND that your are talking about FORCE. When you force solutions I often find that people in charge of that power ALWAYS find something wrong to keep that power.

IF climate change is not "at dangerous levels" that we will notice anything, no real water levels rising, nothing we havent seen in our life time. I suspect those who are running this system of political power must keep the ALARM heavy and often because when you dont need them and or need to vote for them to CHANGE something they have no power.

I believe based on actual records I see EVERYDAY on the local weather report... Record setting heat... (that we havent seen since 1880) <--- 1880, and the next question I ask is, let me know all the carbon we produced then :-) No cars, no airplanes, and some factories. THAT IS IT. It has been hot before, we have had and always will have BAD weather patterns in cycles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies