Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2015, 07:23 AM

549 posts, read 456,882 times

Advertisements

This clock is a perfect example of what followers of the violent cult of the illiterate pedophile contributed to the world in the last 500 years: NOTHING!

Old 09-23-2015, 07:41 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Ahmed and his family are Muslim terrorist supporters who mock America by having a business called "The Twin Towers" and who deliberately cause controversy and then look to sue anyone they can.

That pretty much sums them up.

Let more Muslims into this country, and you'll see more of this.
Guess we can be glad he is choosing to take his kids to mecca for school.........good-bye!

So our President is attacking bakeries and pizza shops, but allow a business run by a radical Muslim to carry his hate for America.

Check this out........
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_India_Flight_182

On 8 May 1985, Reyat bought a Micronta digital automobile clock at the Radio Shack store in Duncan. Designed for a 12-volt automobile electrical system, it could also be powered by a 12-volt lantern battery. The 24-hour alarm activated a buzzer, but he returned a week later for an electrical relay after asking how to get the buzzer signal to power another device. Wiretappers recorded nine telephone calls between Parmar's residence in Vancouver and Reyat from either his residence or workplace on Vancouver Island that month, which got Reyat added to the list of persons being monitored for terrorist activities

Old 09-23-2015, 08:27 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,061,247 times
This story just needs to go away. Hopefully the morons suckered by this kid rescind their gifts and his parents get scrutinized better the next time they try a PR stunt like this. On a positive note, Clyde Lewis of Radio Ground Zero in Oregon absolutely skewered the media for concocting this story and exploiting it the way they did.

Old 09-23-2015, 09:04 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,506,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
This story just needs to go away. Hopefully the morons suckered by this kid rescind their gifts and his parents get scrutinized better the next time they try a PR stunt like this. On a positive note, Clyde Lewis of Radio Ground Zero in Oregon absolutely skewered the media for concocting this story and exploiting it the way they did.
"Curious young scientists, inventors and builders like him should be encouraged and empowered," Mariette DiChristina, editor in chief of Scientific American and chief judge of the Google Science Fair, wrote in a blog post."

Boy Clockmaker Ahmed Mohamed Gets Warm Welcome at Google Science Fair - NBC News

Next, we'll be seeing a movement for a statue of Ahmed the Clock Maker at the National Watch and Clock Museum.

Old 09-23-2015, 09:08 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,825,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post

That's because the days of investigative journalism are long gone.

This was the opening story on all three old news networks as long as the victim narrative prevailed. Don't expect to see the real story. Just as they didn't cover the screaming Muslims in NJ demanding that schools be closed for one of their holy days next week (and one smirking Muslim at the microphone, proclaiming that we're going to be the majority), the clock story is now dead to the lamestream media.

Old 09-23-2015, 09:17 AM

593 posts, read 667,908 times
Why cant think damn kid and his "clock" just go away. IMO this was all a media grab from the beginning, he knew exactly what he was doing. He set this whole situation up, and it worked better than his wildest dreams. No one in their right mind would look at what he built and think of it as an innocent coincidence.

Old 09-23-2015, 09:25 AM

2,846 posts, read 2,970,287 times
I really think that we get a kick out of pushing each other's buttons.

When I come on and don't see the left giving up a fight, I lose interest. We are all kinds of messed up.

Old 09-23-2015, 09:33 AM

19,838 posts, read 12,099,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remoddahouse View Post
Is their knee erk reaction any worse than yours? There's still not enough information at this point to really say anything.

As for the commentator in chief, you'd probably be whining if he did nothing. Do you really think it serves our national interest if the United States is seen domestically as persecuting muslims?

You might want to stick to pudding pops.
Why would the president need to comment on this? He is no longer a community organizer.

Please engage critical thinking and take in all of the current information. Knee jerk reactionists who perpetuated the lie look like fools now. Some of us smelled this from the beginning.

Old 09-23-2015, 09:39 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
I really think that we get a kick out of pushing each other's buttons.

When I come on and don't see the left giving up a fight, I lose interest. We are all kinds of messed up.
We are. That has been a big part of my point all along. I'm generalizing becuase I'm not going to go look up past positions but feel free to state a position that says I'm wrong.

We have a 14 year old that had his rights violated. It doesn't matter if he is guilty of something, he still has rights. Many will argue "its my right" about this or that but "you" are not the only one with rights.

Its not.O.K. becuase Obama stuck his nose into it. It's not O.K. becuase the family is Muslim. It's never O.K.

When rights are violated it harms us all. I pointed out how it could in this case and its still likely, troublemaker or not the city is going to pay out because they violated his rights.

But "its not a clock". But " Obama". But "Muslim". There are no excuses for not condemning the violation of someone's rights.

Old 09-23-2015, 09:49 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,443,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
We are. That has been a big part of my point all along. I'm generalizing becuase I'm not going to go look up past positions but feel free to state a position that says I'm wrong.

We have a 14 year old that had his rights violated. It doesn't matter if he is guilty of something, he still has rights. Many will argue "its my right" about this or that but "you" are not the only one with rights.

Its not.O.K. becuase Obama stuck his nose into it. It's not O.K. becuase the family is Muslim. It's never O.K.

When rights are violated it harms us all. I pointed out how it could in this case and its still likely, troublemaker or not the city is going to pay out because they violated his rights.

But "its not a clock". But " Obama". But "Muslim". There are no excuses for not condemning the violation of someone's rights.
Oh knock it off, no rights were violated. WTF is wrong with people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies