Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2015, 04:44 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times

Advertisements

They allowed themselves to be played. We should not accept the incompetence.

Old 09-24-2015, 04:50 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,914,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuddingPops View Post
The White House just doesn't have any dignity or respect anymore, because the people who inhabit it are so embarrassingly stupid and incompetent. Everyone is laughing at our country and how easy it is to fool our leaders. Iran is definitely at the front of that line at the moment.

And now we give 14 year olds prizes and money for taking an old clock out of its plastic housing and moving it into a pencil box? When I was a kid, you actually needed to create something incredible, or do something incredible, to get an invite from the president of the United State of America. Teddy Roosevelt didn't extend any invites to me when I strung a twine string between two soup cans, I can tell you that.

Philo Farnsworth didn't get an invite from Woodrow Wilson, even when he developed the groundwork for the modern television. He was only 14 years old at the time! And now we send a kid to Space Camp and MIT because... oh my god I think I need to lay down again.
You know what is really sad.

There probably was a great science project presented that day, but little mr-no-talent sucked all the oxygen out of that room

I don't think that everyone is laughing at our country, though, since MANY Americans get what is going on and are letting our so-called leaders and media know that we get the agenda and we refuse it.

Old 09-24-2015, 06:58 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuddingPops View Post
The White House just doesn't have any dignity or respect anymore, because the people who inhabit it are so embarrassingly stupid and incompetent. Everyone is laughing at our country and how easy it is to fool our leaders. Iran is definitely at the front of that line at the moment.

And now we give 14 year olds prizes and money for taking an old clock out of its plastic housing and moving it into a pencil box? When I was a kid, you actually needed to create something incredible, or do something incredible, to get an invite from the president of the United State of America. Teddy Roosevelt didn't extend any invites to me when I strung a twine string between two soup cans, I can tell you that.

Philo Farnsworth didn't get an invite from Woodrow Wilson, even when he developed the groundwork for the modern television. He was only 14 years old at the time! And now we send a kid to Space Camp and MIT because... oh my god I think I need to lay down again.
Yes, but those kids you are talking about, weren't part of a special, promoted class.

Old 09-24-2015, 08:32 AM

1,069 posts, read 1,047,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
"Science leaning teens" don't take apart a commercial product, stick it in a briefcase and claim they "built" something. Frauds with an agenda do.

Funny to watch the lies the lefties come up with now that their foolishness and gullibility is being revealed.
The kid is like 8 years old!

EDIT: Wow never mind, just did a little more reading and found he's 14?!?! I had only seen a photo, that kid looks really young for 14, I was already growing a beard by that age, jeeze.

Old 09-24-2015, 09:06 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westboundrambler View Post
The kid is like 8 years old!

EDIT: Wow never mind, just did a little more reading and found he's 14?!?! I had only seen a photo, that kid looks really young for 14, I was already growing a beard by that age, jeeze.
He's only 14 but dear old dad is teaching him the art of scamming, law suits and screaming religious discrimination.
He will make a good little Muslim Activist as years go on.

Did you see where the sister had been suspended a few years ago for making a bomb threat?

They are now wanting to "Home school" the kid since he's so damaged. I can only imagine his education.

Last edited by Rakin; 09-24-2015 at 09:15 AM..

Old 09-24-2015, 10:58 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,434,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
He didn't invent nor build anything. He took parts out of something and laid them into a briefcase. A 7 year old could do this. I'm going to take a cellphone apart and put it in a shoebox and claim I created a cellphone and ask all those twits at Google, FB and MIT if I qualify for their circle jerk PC fest.

No 7 year olds don't do this. Most high school students don't do this. Most aspiring engineers, the good ones, often do this. The fun of taking apart electronics and putting it together in new ways.

So they want to reward him for doing something interesting/cool and being punished for that. . .its perfectly within Google, Facebook, Twitters ability to do so - and no doubt benefit due to good press.

Old 09-24-2015, 11:36 AM

13,212 posts, read 21,829,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
No 7 year olds don't do this. Most high school students don't do this. Most aspiring engineers, the good ones, often do this. The fun of taking apart electronics and putting it together in new ways.
Oh please. There's a vast difference in taking something out of its case and sticking it in a box versus actually modifying the circuitry to do different things. The former requires only the use of a screwdriver. You don't have to have any idea how the circuit works. It's barely more advanced than opening the original cardboard box the clock came in and turning it on.

If one were to actually modify the circuitry, that would require an actual understanding of how it works. But he made no changes. He simply took it out of one box and put it into another. That is grade-school stuff, not high school.

Old 09-24-2015, 12:37 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrafficCory View Post
New ways in this case being defined as, stuffing crap into a large pencil box. Genius! Pure genius.
It impresses the crap out of the technically illiterate.

Old 09-24-2015, 12:39 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,803,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post

So they want to reward him for doing something interesting/cool and being punished for that. . .its perfectly within Google, Facebook, Twitters ability to do so - and no doubt benefit due to good press.

But he didn't even take it apart; he just repackaged it.
Are you impressed by this young man's ingenuity?
You think he "did something cool?" That's just embarrassing.

Old 09-24-2015, 12:56 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,802,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
But he didn't even take it apart; he just repackaged it.
Are you impressed by this young man's ingenuity?
You think he "did something cool?" That's just embarrassing.
As I have said repeatedly it was not a technically challenging task. He did however take it apart and get it back operating successfully. The proper response to it was to pet his head, tell him that he ought to look into building a clock from components that was a little different and send him on his way.

It did not call to arrest him...which would appear to have some basis in his religion and ethnicity.

No it did not rate a White House visit. No it did not rate an arrest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies