Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2015, 07:09 AM

5,772 posts, read 3,222,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
I wonder whether the Republican Tea Party crowd will call Bibi out on this or continue to lick his boots.

Christian Schools On Strike in Israel Over 'Discrimination' - NBC News

I've seen Hascidic communities in Rockland county New York try to organize religious based schools in their areas. They ran smack into the first amendment separation clause. If no such laws limiting funding exist in Israel then the funding is being denied on some other basis.

In the United States Catholic practices are continuously portrayed pejoratively by some elements in Hollywood. Because of my Italian ancestry I was singled out and sworn at in a corporate setting because because of my cultural Catholicism. Christmas is referred to as the December dilemma. When tolerance is selective, it's not really tolerance, is it?

Old 09-20-2015, 08:30 AM

15,861 posts, read 21,441,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
I've seen Hascidic communities in Rockland county New York try to organize religious based schools in their areas. They ran smack into the first amendment separation clause. If no such laws limiting funding exist in Israel then the funding is being denied on some other basis.

In the United States Catholic practices are continuously portrayed pejoratively by some elements in Hollywood. Because of my Italian ancestry I was singled out and sworn at in a corporate setting because because of my cultural Catholicism. Christmas is referred to as the December dilemma. When tolerance is selective, it's not really tolerance, is it?
What does any of this have to do with the funding of religious schools in Israel?

Old 09-20-2015, 10:48 AM

2,055 posts, read 1,448,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Do you think that Private schools are 100% subsidized by the US gov't and this are free??
Obfuscation. This thread is about Israel.

Did you read the article? Did you miss the part about the Jewish Orthodox School?

A totally lame post.

El Nox

Old 09-20-2015, 10:52 AM

2,468 posts, read 1,918,983 times
Religion is the problem. Christians have a problem with Jews and Muslims, Muslims with Jews, etc etc

Old 09-20-2015, 12:11 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,749,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nox View Post
Obfuscation. This thread is about Israel.

Did you read the article? Did you miss the part about the Jewish Orthodox School?

A totally lame post.

El Nox
Israel is a Jewish country surrounded by Muslim countries bordered by two countries which have large amounts of Christian Arabs. Israel's secular schools are 100% covered across the country. Israel's Orthodox schools that have a secular study path are also 100% covered. Israel's Ultra Orthodox Jewish school related budgets were written in at the creation of Israel in 1948 and are going to have a high percentage of coverage. Israel's budget for Christian and Muslim schools are a priority within their budgetary system as long as the schools in question primary path is secular (teach Math, Sciences, History,...) in order to pass state exams and religion is second. Reverse it and funding is lowered. Israel should only be compared to countries within its own region and not Europe or the US.

Israel runs on a balanced budget. All the needs of the public schools come first followed by the Jewish Orthodox schools which as I stated earlier were mandated at the creation of Israel (which would take too long to explain, but you are open to research it). Anything left goes to "other". If I had to venture a guess where their funding has gone over the years to, would probably be the defense budget which required to be increased year after year as Palestinian rocket attacks has increased year after year. Israel does not print money like the US does nor does it have to raise its debt ceiling like the US does.

Old 09-20-2015, 12:28 PM

2,055 posts, read 1,448,584 times
Quote:
Israel is a Jewish country surrounded by Muslim countries bordered by two countries which have large amounts of Christian Arabs. Israel's secular schools are 100% covered across the country. Israel's Orthodox schools that have a secular study path are also 100% covered. Israel's Ultra Orthodox Jewish school related budgets were written in at the creation of Israel in 1948 and are going to have a high percentage of coverage. Israel's budget for Christian and Muslim schools are a priority within their budgetary system as long as the schools in question primary path is secular (teach Math, Sciences, History,...) in order to pass state exams and religion is second. Reverse it and funding is lowered. Israel should only be compared to countries within its own region and not Europe or the US.

Israel runs on a balanced budget. All the needs of the public schools come first followed by the Jewish Orthodox schools which as I stated earlier were mandated at the creation of Israel (which would take too long to explain, but you are open to research it). Anything left goes to "other". If I had to venture a guess where their funding has gone over the years to, would probably be the defense budget which required to be increased year after year as Palestinian rocket attacks has increased year after year. Israel does not print money like the US does nor does it have to raise its debt ceiling like the US does.
Nice post ... however, doesn't the word discrimination come into play? You change the subject by injecting the military ... and somehow I missed the part about US Military Aid and I must have missed the word 'Ultra' in the article. By the way ... are the Muslim school budgets cut as much as the Christian schools' budgets?

El Nox

Old 09-20-2015, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nox View Post
Nice post ... however, doesn't the word discrimination come into play? You change the subject by injecting the military ... and somehow I missed the part about US Military Aid and I must have missed the word 'Ultra' in the article. By the way ... are the Muslim school budgets cut as much as the Christian schools' budgets?

El Nox
US Military aid paid to Israel goes back to US as a instant rebate on arms purchased from the US. It discounts what Israel purchases from the US, but has nothing to actually do with it's budget.

In Israel Jews are Jews. Religious Jews have additional studies in relation to Judaism. Secular Jews have the basic studies related to Judaism.

As to Muslim schools; Your question thus your research.

In general all schools complain about budgets. All schools have to do more with less. Allocations go down, fees go up.

Funding to Arabs from around the world has dried up as shown by UNRWA going broke and the $5 Billion promised last year by multiple countries never materializing. Israel is not a deep pocket to make up for their shortfalls.

Old 09-20-2015, 02:45 PM

Default Read the Article

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
What does any of this have to do with the funding of religious schools in Israel?
The schools in Israel are Roman Catholic run. Read the article.

Last edited by Tonyafd; 09-20-2015 at 03:11 PM..

Old 09-20-2015, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
The schools in Israel are Roman Catholic run. Read the article.
Catholic social teaching emphasises support for the sick, the poor and the afflicted through the corporal works of mercy and the Catholic Church is the largest non-government provider of education and medical services in the world....let the Vatican come up with the shortage.

Old 09-20-2015, 04:12 PM

Default Double Standard

Quote:
Catholic social teaching emphasises support for the sick, the poor and the afflicted through the corporal works of mercy and the Catholic Church is the largest non-government provider of education and medical services in the world....let the Vatican come up with the shortage.
By American standards it is racism. Here is a quote from the article:
"I am aware that as an Arab there is a discrimination and racist law against us, which I am trying to hide from my children," she said. "It happens only to Christian schools. Meanwhile, Jewish Orthodox schools, which are also 'recognized, non-official schools,' get the full budget."

Any moral or legal obligations lie wholly with the Israeli government. Don't bring the Vatican into this. These are Israeli schools with an Israeli curriculum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies