Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2015, 11:43 AM

80 posts, read 67,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Maybe everyone should just avoid reading the daily news.
Especially in places like NYC where 75% of the murders are done by just a minority of people.

The news (local and national) has done more to stir this outrage and "us vs them" mentality than anything in recent years. They are getting more and more desperate for views and it's just gross. I remember I never even used to know my friends and their family's political views. Now, I learn about it quite easily all over ****ing Facebook and at the dinner table.

There can be good done in bringing some issues to the forefront and I think this desire to provide body cams for cops helps both sides of the issue and is one of them that can help bring more justice. However, the media isn't interested in telling the truth, they're interested in treating everything as the worst ever and will do whatever they can to stay relevant, even as the flames they ignite burn us from the inside out as a nation.

Old 09-19-2015, 03:24 PM

2,340 posts, read 4,631,404 times
It is obvious that you have no understanding what BLM is about.

Sad,.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
So seemingly each and every white cop on black person incident warrants national media attention these days. My question is why isn't an incident like below receiving equal attention:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89qVmi8Wf9o

Black on black incidents like this happen EVERY SINGLE DAY yet where are all these Black Lives Matter people to protest this and call this outrageous and call for behavior like this be stopped ASAP? How come this black student's life who's being beaten literally into convulsions DOESN'T MATTER to the BLM movement? What if this same black student was beaten just as badly by a white cop, why would his life suddenly matter to the BLM people then??

And according to here:

Baltimore high school student Sean Johnson charged with attempted murder | Daily Mail Online

So just as with many other violent black on black incidents, the victim was assaulted over a NOTHING ISSUE.

As I've asked before, why are blacks and the BLM people SO SELECTIVE as to which black lives matter to them and which don't? The daily, incessant, non-stop black on black violence means NOTHING to them and all the black victims from black on black violence also mean NOTHING to them. But hey, have a white cop or a non-black person lay a finger on a black person and then suddenly that black life is as precious as a 24k diamond.

So when will the BLM people admit that they're HYPOCRITES and either start caring for ALL black lives or stop yelling at law enforcement and non-blacks to care about black lives when time and again they CLEARLY SHOW that they don't give a damn themselves about their own kind.

Old 09-19-2015, 03:29 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,348,893 times
Good to see that the majority of the posters in this thread understand what's (failed) being done.

Old 09-19-2015, 03:31 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baybook View Post
It is obvious that you have no understanding what BLM is about.

Sad,.
Yes, it's certainly not about the HUGE problem of Black on Black murders.

Old 09-19-2015, 04:51 PM

557 posts, read 737,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac1 View Post
Why are people on C-D reporting on all negative incidents that involve black people? Rhetorical. Can we get equal coverage with white people, please? Whites may commit crimes less per capita, because their poverty disparity isn't as great as black people, but they do commit crimes and there are more of them and they commit more of the totally crime in this country, but you'd swear that all white people in America are angels with no social problems if you only read C-D......and listened to Fox News!

Give it a rest race-baiters.

BLM has legitimate beef. Of course they are not right all of the time. Of course they have people who are exploiting situations for their own agenda, but to act as if there is no cause to bring the treatment of blacks by the police under a microscope for review is ridiculous; and then to continue to post things that have nothing to do with BLM is even more ridiculous.

It has been/continues to be acknowledge a many of times about crime in black communities by black people perpetrated on black people......but I guess you wouldn't know that because you don't know any black people and all of those discussions don't fit your agenda.
Why are CD always about negative cops stories , I guess it all stems around black and black crime .

Old 09-19-2015, 07:28 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,977,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Funny how the media calls this a "Fight". I believe the proper word is assault.
Back in my day it was just some school fight. I grew up in the 70's though, when everything wasn't hyped up to the point of being ridiculous.

Old 09-19-2015, 07:50 PM

755 posts, read 675,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phxrider View Post
Why are CD always about negative cops stories , I guess it all stems around black and black crime .
If you would have stopped there, I'd agree with you, but then you go and try to make two wrongs equal a right.

Just search my name and see what I think about cops, their jobs, and resisting arrest. But nah, that would make sense. It is easier to just assume that I support police hate, because I called out the OP and IMO I am correct. You assume I am being critical of the OP because I am a blind BLM supporter. Again, go search my other posts instead of assuming that I don't support police officers just because I think this thread is a poor attempt to undermine BLM movement.

Old 09-19-2015, 08:56 PM

18 posts, read 14,444 times
What he did was not right. Whether you're white, yellow, black or brown. Some people don't realize their actions will effect their futures so they take the road that they shouldn't have. Everyone with their phones recording instead of trying to calm the situation, this young generation is sad.

Old 09-19-2015, 09:10 PM

492 posts, read 1,027,619 times
Wow.... Why are people so infatuated with Black folks? And ill never get how non blacks can even speak on black on black crime as if it effects them in any way. It's something you'll never have to deal with or worry about so how can you even fix your mouth to speak on the matter in any way. You look like the racist you claim you aren't. Blacks are and have been under attack from all angles for a long time now, from within their community as well as out and you're still unable to empathize and understand that the problem is a lot more complicated than you want to admit.

Old 09-19-2015, 09:25 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,563,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA7cities View Post
Wow.... Why are people so infatuated with Black folks? And ill never get how non blacks can even speak on black on black crime as if it effects them in any way. It's something you'll never have to deal with or worry about so how can you even fix your mouth to speak on the matter in any way. You look like the racist you claim you aren't. Blacks are and have been under attack from all angles for a long time now, from within their community as well as out and you're still unable to empathize and understand that the problem is a lot more complicated than you want to admit.
So if you have never been raped you should not comment or have an opinion on rape? People from all walks of life have concerns about a variety of issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies