Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2015, 10:39 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,592,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPolo View Post
Presentation it's all about presentation !

US involves in wars as often as Russia. You can google Russia wars and US wars. Every 10 years each country is involved in some war on another.

Between WW1 and WW2 allot of people dies, not just in Russia but in Europe as well. I am sure you have seen movies about starvation in Europe around 100 years ago.

Russian economy is Consumer based much like US. They sell natural resources, timber, oil stones and metals. I agree with you that it is fair to criticize them for not producing much. I mean the state of California while in a drought has grater Gross Domestic product then Russia !
Quote:
US involves in wars as often as Russia.
The U.S. involves itself in wars to help establish some sense of humanity and to keep the American people safe. Safe from what? Safe from a change in leadership.

Russia on the other hand involves itself in wars why? To obtain that which does not belong to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2015, 05:54 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
The U.S. involves itself in wars to help establish some sense of humanity
Saudi Arabia: Juvenile prisoner faces 'death by crucifixion' after appeal is dismissed

So remind me again - why the US does not "involve itself in war to help establish some sense of humanity?"

Quote:
and to keep the American people safe. Safe from what? Safe from a change in leadership.
You know, I would have believed your words 30 years ago, during Soviet era. But the more times are progressing, the more obvious it becomes that corporate America ( that's currently in charge) is hardly less evil than Soviet Russia. Yet it keeps on demanding "no change in leadership" and obtaining precisely, what you mentioned further - "which does not belong to it," namely - natural resources of other countries.

Quote:
Russia on the other hand involves itself in wars why? To obtain that which does not belong to them.
Russia on another hand involves itself in wars when she sees her national interests threatened.
And the sphere of her national interests is much narrower than the sphere of American national interests.
For this reason Russians don't need those "lily pads" that "peaceful America" keeps on increasing around the world, *strangely enough.*

Old 10-11-2015, 08:45 PM

8,278 posts, read 6,273,469 times
Quote:
The U.S. involves itself in wars to help establish some sense of humanity and to keep the American people safe. Safe from what? Safe from a change in leadership.

Yeah?

I got a bridge in Brooklyn for sale cheap too.

We installed a Shah in Iran after WW2 for the sense of humanity, not oil, when he became more tyrannical and oppressive did we do anything? Hell no, we removed the democratically elected prime minister, who opposed our despot and happened to have leanings towards Russia instead (and who could blame him, since we supported the despot).

In parallel to that we supported the Ba'athist Party in Iraq, you remember them don't you? They were led by Saddam Hussein in the end, and we supported him while he gassed Kurds in Northern Iraq, and during his war with Iran, where he used chemical weapons too, because we were establishing a sense of humanity and it had nothing to do with oil.

We've supported the Saud Family since the end of WW2, because you know it establishes a sense of humanity and has nothing to do with oil.

The Contra's were well known humanitarians too, we involved ourselves in Nicaragua purely for humanitarian reasons. I mean how much more humanitarian can you be when you specifically target health clinics and workers for assassination?

Make no mistake, the US only involves itself in wars to establish some form of economic advantage. If we did not, then where were we in Cambodia during the Khmer Rouge rule? Oh, nowhere, it was eventually removed by Vietnam (how is that for irony). Why have we done nothing about North Korea? Is it that there is little economic gain in doing so?

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what the ideology of the country is, the intention of any intervention is not altruism, but economic.

Old 10-12-2015, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Saudi Arabia: Juvenile prisoner faces 'death by crucifixion' after appeal is dismissed

So remind me again - why the US does not "involve itself in war to help establish some sense of humanity?"

You know, I would have believed your words 30 years ago, during Soviet era. But the more times are progressing, the more obvious it becomes that corporate America ( that's currently in charge) is hardly less evil than Soviet Russia. Yet it keeps on demanding "no change in leadership" and obtaining precisely, what you mentioned further - "which does not belong to it," namely - natural resources of other countries.

Russia on another hand involves itself in wars when she sees her national interests threatened.
And the sphere of her national interests is much narrower than the sphere of American national interests.
For this reason Russians don't need those "lily pads" that "peaceful America" keeps on increasing around the world, *strangely enough.*
Quote from your link: "Human rights organization Reprieve has urged the European Union to intervene with Saudi Arabia to prevent the killings."

It's a U.S interest why? The article says nothing about asking the U.N. or the U.S. for help in the situation.

Yes, I guess 30 years ago, my words would ring truer than what they do today. (you may want to ask yourself why that is and look at our society as a whole for the answer) However, I must believe our men and women in the military 'today' and all those involved, there is that sense of humanity left and they will rise above corporate influence. Corporate influence is more in the political field, where as they, provide campaign funds. Tell me if you as an individual wouldn't do the same and fund those who you think would make appropriate leaders according to your morals and ethics.

Russia and her national interest, does that include humanity? Are they rescuing people from oppression environment? Or are they playing a really good game of chess? Did Syria threaten their national interest? If so, how?

Also, the lily pads ... what is the purpose really? So far, you have yet to say anything to make me go were as the U.S. is concerned. Except if you can look at Putin and believe he'd make a good POTUS.

Old 10-12-2015, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
Yeah?

I got a bridge in Brooklyn for sale cheap too.

We installed a Shah in Iran after WW2 for the sense of humanity, not oil, when he became more tyrannical and oppressive did we do anything? Hell no, we removed the democratically elected prime minister, who opposed our despot and happened to have leanings towards Russia instead (and who could blame him, since we supported the despot).

In parallel to that we supported the Ba'athist Party in Iraq, you remember them don't you? They were led by Saddam Hussein in the end, and we supported him while he gassed Kurds in Northern Iraq, and during his war with Iran, where he used chemical weapons too, because we were establishing a sense of humanity and it had nothing to do with oil.

We've supported the Saud Family since the end of WW2, because you know it establishes a sense of humanity and has nothing to do with oil.

The Contra's were well known humanitarians too, we involved ourselves in Nicaragua purely for humanitarian reasons. I mean how much more humanitarian can you be when you specifically target health clinics and workers for assassination?

Make no mistake, the US only involves itself in wars to establish some form of economic advantage. If we did not, then where were we in Cambodia during the Khmer Rouge rule? Oh, nowhere, it was eventually removed by Vietnam (how is that for irony). Why have we done nothing about North Korea? Is it that there is little economic gain in doing so?

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what the ideology of the country is, the intention of any intervention is not altruism, but economic.
At the end of the day, there is an ideology surrounding these issues that most people do not want to look at: https://flashtrafficblog.wordpress.c...er-part-three/

And it has absolutely nothing to do with oil, but a belief. And even though I understand what you are saying, there is more to this than what meets the eye. (ME, ideology, began 700 BC ... usher in the 12th Imam; do whatever it takes)

The U.S. established itself as an experiment in freedom. Are we so far removed from that idea, there is no understanding of our purpose?

(I'll get back to you on Saudi and Contra, I have my good days and bad ones, today is not a good day for that)

Old 10-12-2015, 11:33 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,108,168 times
I just don't understand the right wing's bromance with shirtless guy Putin.

Old 10-12-2015, 12:24 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times
Some people are drawn to a forceful personality because they think a strong king will protect them and their friends. Putin is a strong king. Putin is also anathema to those of us, like me, that will never have any truce with a king.

As far as Russia's or our involvement in the Middle East both powers should get out now and let the natives settle their own scores no matter how much damage it does to our investors or to Israel.

Old 10-12-2015, 12:52 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,541,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
I just don't understand the right wing's bromance with shirtless guy Putin.
But worshipping the metrosexual messiah seems perfectly natural to you.

Old 10-12-2015, 01:32 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,108,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
But worshipping the metrosexual messiah seems perfectly natural to you.

I don't worship any human.

Old 10-12-2015, 07:11 PM

8,278 posts, read 6,273,469 times
Quote:
At the end of the day, there is an ideology surrounding these issues that most people do not want to look at: https://flashtrafficblog.wordpress.c...er-part-three/

And it has absolutely nothing to do with oil, but a belief. And even though I understand what you are saying, there is more to this than what meets the eye. (ME, ideology, began 700 BC ... usher in the 12th Imam; do whatever it takes)
What? You're spouting some interpretation of scripture from a blog, so in effect what you're saying is "we're good it says so in the bible, if you take every 12th letter of Judges, interleaved with every 15th of Ecclesiastes" but Russia is bad because... REASONS!

Yup, bridge is still for sale, it's right there beside the US being good in Judges and Ecclesiastes, so you know it's no con job.

Quote:
The U.S. established itself as an experiment in freedom. Are we so far removed from that idea, there is no understanding of our purpose?

(I'll get back to you on Saudi and Contra, I have my good days and bad ones, today is not a good day for that)
No, the reason we're up Russia's hind-end about this is the "notus" principle. We can do these things altruistically, but anyone "notus" can't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies