Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2015, 08:11 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,433,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangokiwi View Post
You're obviously diverting away from the subject, which you have nothing to add to. Why are you even in this thread if all you are trying to do is derail it?
I'm sorry the comparison of a rape culture with a rape culture is beyond your understanding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2015, 08:16 PM

3,298 posts, read 2,471,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangokiwi View Post
It is, because the numbers of Catholic boys being raped or molested is much smaller than the numbers of boys, girls and INFANTS that are raped in Islam, because in Islam it is allowed to do these things. Child marriage is openly practiced and it's allowed in their "religion" to rape infants as young as 2.
"Christianity - now with 15% fewer child rapes!"

Old 09-22-2015, 08:29 PM

1,024 posts, read 1,040,567 times
Liberals: screeching about an invented "rape culture" at home as an excuse to indulge ethnic prejudices against "blonde" college students, while apologizing for a real one abroad. If their utter moral bankruptcy weren't evident before, I should hope it is now. They are an oozing, heinous tumor on the psyche of Western civilization.

Old 09-22-2015, 08:48 PM

3,298 posts, read 2,471,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tairos View Post
Liberals: screeching about an invented "rape culture" at home as an excuse to indulge ethnic prejudices against "blonde" college students, while apologizing for a real one abroad.
Ah, so the documented persistent sexual abuse of children by Catholic priests is "invented". Who's apologizing?

Old 09-22-2015, 08:49 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,368,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tairos View Post
Liberals: screeching about an invented "rape culture" at home as an excuse to indulge ethnic prejudices against "blonde" college students, while apologizing for a real one abroad. If their utter moral bankruptcy weren't evident before, I should hope it is now. They are an oozing, heinous tumor on the psyche of Western civilization.
HELLO...This Raping is not happening inside the USA borders..but a sovereign Country...So now YOU demand the US ENFORCE the USA Rule of Law in Sovereign Countries... Talk abut bombastic inserting yourself..

BTW~~ AS much as you or any other American decries other Countries demanding how American's should act..and lately even the POPE has been demeaned because he preaches to the poor and under-served..BUT in any event..American's CANNOT dictate how other Countries work ( tho many don't realize that ) ) It's time you realize that when living in a Global World ( not a insular environment ) one has to agree to disagree and work then negotiate for evolvement etc..It's quite apparent that demanding compliance by other's will NOT WORK!! Negotiate ( Foreign language for GOP) is a dirty word for some who will NOT give an INCH!!!! So enable continuations of status quo!!

YES..I Hate..decry what other Countries allow..BUT it's apparent..IF you can't even act under what you demand others to do..Just maybe it's time to fix your own problems....Police killing unarmed folks..lethal forced used for minor crimes..folks dying in jails..targeting by profile and that just inside USA borders...So Judge NOT yet you be Judged!! IF you can't show purity ..then you cannot condemn others for their impurity!! Plain and simple!!

Old 09-22-2015, 09:05 PM

1,142 posts, read 2,131,141 times
Doesn't it make you happy knowing the Middle Eastern culture is moving here. It has already become a very big problem in the UK. If you don't want this to happen here you best make the correct choice in 2016 and you won't find the correct choice among the Democrat party.

Old 09-22-2015, 09:30 PM

19,818 posts, read 12,079,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plenus View Post
I completely disagree with you. It is morally imperative for any individual in such circumstance, that sees a rape of an innocent human being...to intervene and try to thwart such a crime of violence. No law in any land can justify that.
Quoting the bible or actually thinking the Constitution applies here is nonsense. No person...no entity....no law...can morally permit the rape of child.
It's really that simple.

How sad that we've become this callous and without morality.

As an atheist (yes...surprising to some here I suspect), I think it reprehensible to use a biblical reference to support a rape of an innocent and disgusting for any man to stand by and allow this.
Pretty disgusting, isn't it? Especially when someone claims to be a man of God.

Old 09-22-2015, 09:57 PM

39,838 posts, read 26,470,585 times
All this thread points out is the need to bring our young men and women home as soon as possible. If the people of the Middle East want to embrace a barbaric, primitive, misogynic, vicious culture like Islam, with all the filth it brings, let them. Nothing and no one there is worth the life of one American serviceman. Bring them home, leave the ME to the people of the ME.

Old 09-22-2015, 10:43 PM

28,660 posts, read 18,752,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I know it is part of the culture, but it's a sh*tty culture and cultures can be changed. The worst parts of a lot of cultures were changed over the years, forcibly. India used to throw widows on the funeral pyres of their husbands. The British eventually ended it. We used to enslave people. I'm sure there were lots of things done by native tribes that were ended by colonists.

If we packed up and moved home tomorrow, I would be fine with it. But I do think we shouldn't allow this to happen on our own military bases.
The US does not own any bases in Afghanistan. Those are Afghan bases that US forces are currently using for operations with the permission of the Afghan government. That territory belongs to the Afghan government, and Afghan law rules. American military forces operate under the UCMJ, but the Afghans on the base operate under their own laws and culture.

Old 09-22-2015, 10:50 PM

28,660 posts, read 18,752,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
All this thread points out is the need to bring our young men and women home as soon as possible. If the people of the Middle East want to embrace a barbaric, primitive, misogynic, vicious culture like Islam, with all the filth it brings, let them. Nothing and no one there is worth the life of one American serviceman. Bring them home, leave the ME to the people of the ME.
I've been saying that all along. It soils American soldiers to be there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies