Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2015, 01:18 PM

28,668 posts, read 18,788,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
They did not have to see the crime in commission because there was admission. I am disputing what should happen by the book, but in an environment where this kind of thing is not persecuted, the perp shows no remorse which would be interpreted as no problem with continuing that activity what recourse is left of the US soldiers.
No, it should not be allowable for an individual US soldier to do whatever he wants according to his own personal moral code to local nationals.

Quote:
I do not know about temporary bases or classification of bases but I been stationed overseas I was always told that the bases were US territory.
You were told completely wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2015, 01:32 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerPower00 View Post
Look how anti Muslims wink at child buggery. Sick...
Instead of deflecting, why don't you answer MJJersey's statement?

Do you, or do you not, accept what they do to their women? Simple question. NO deflections, no "but, but what about..." just answer that simple question.

Old 09-23-2015, 01:38 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
My gut reaction when reading this story was putting soldiers in this situation explains some of the PTSD we are seeing our servicemen returning with. It is unconscionable to expect a normal or even semi-normal human to ignore this atrocity.
So why do we? (Not asked of you)

Old 09-23-2015, 02:05 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Why are we sacrificing the lives of young Americans for the sake of these animals and their sick culture? Way past time to get the hell out and leave them to their filth.

Old 09-23-2015, 02:26 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
It wouldn't matter if we were perfect because our ancestors at some point in history were not, therefore we have no right to judge anything, ever.
Well...you are mostly correct.

If you can ascertain with good accuracy that the person you wish to criticize is white and conservative it would be fair to bash their culture.

#liberalmulticulturalism

Old 09-23-2015, 08:56 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,828,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxtheRoadWarrior View Post
Certainly disgusting, but what is your broader message here? This is unfortunately common in many countries on many continents.

Prioritizing the maintenance of alliances over morality has always existed in some form in US foreign policy. We wouldn't have tolerated the actions of Ngo Dinh Diem as long as we did, if this were not the case.

You cannot be serious.

Three marines have already been killed by a 17-year old victim of these pervs because our military is seen as aligning themselves with these savages who are perpetrating the abuse.

Not surprisingly, today's military is instructed to view this as a cultural issue, thus endangering our troops. Un-believable.

Old 09-23-2015, 09:02 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,528,639 times
My old man was a Marine in WWII and witnessed real evil and put his young life on the line to stomp it out.

Only to have to listen to liberal bilgewater come out of the mouths of his oldest sons in the 60's when they came home from college. I was a little kid but I remember the pain on his face listening to them.

The day one of them said they took part in a flag burning the old man just slammed his hand down on the table and walked outside, never said a word. But I think they knew how close they came to seeing his dark side.

People are idiots that have had everything handed to them. They get goofier and goofier as they get older I guess. People who witnessed real evil and fought for our freedom understand..but then they die out and the next generation has to learn it the hard way all over again. So said.

Old 09-23-2015, 09:16 PM

5,511 posts, read 4,476,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
Well, then, is it OK for U.S. soldiers to rape boys in Afghanistan?

Like, when in Afghanistan, do what the Afghans do?

Wouldn't that be good public relations?

Wouldn't that show that America accepts the cultures and traditions of other nations?
No. Americans are still bound by their own laws, which includes not being able to rape boys.

I believe American tourists have tried to have sex illegally in foreign countries. When caught, the "in Rome, do what Romans do" defense didn't work.

Old 09-24-2015, 12:52 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,436,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
You made it sound as though the Americans caught the crime in the act, when in fact they took vigilante justice into their own hands some time afterward. The actual story is certainly not as you represented it.

What they actually did would not fly even in the US for the same crime. If two soldiers at, say, Ft Pope, found about a rape, sought the rapist out, and beat him up themselves, they'd still face harsh disciplinary actions. The officer would be dismissed and the senior NCO would be told to retire...at the very least. It's very likely the NCO would get busted to a very low rank before being allowed to retire (with his retirement pay based on that last low rank).
Oh, please.

Why don't we just bring these self-admitted Afghan child rapists here, hire expensive lawyers for them, and then spend millions of dollars on their trials and appeals all the way up to the Supreme Court?

We can release them on bond and put them up in fancy hotels and, of course, only serve them Halal food.

Would that satisfy you?

Or maybe -- in case they lose in U.S. courts -- we could then send them to the International Criminal Court in Europe, and after that hold a hearing at the UN Human Rights Commission which includes notorious human rights violators.

Shall we fly them here first class and allow them to bring their extended families, who will then be admitted as refugees and put on a fast track to citizenship?

Shall we hire translators for each family member?

Which hotel in New York should they live in? The Waldorf? The Carlyle? The Plaza?

Junior Suite or larger?

Old 09-24-2015, 07:06 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,998,245 times
I say do the Full Metal Jacket scene on these so called superiors where they beat their Sad Sack Gomer Pyle fellow recruit with a towel with soap on a rope rolled up in it then stick it up their 4 star *****e$ and see if they like it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies