Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2015, 08:57 PM

1,024 posts, read 1,041,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
There is no "plan" among liberals. They just fight for position in their never ending circle jerk.
Indeed, which is why the snake often ends up consuming its own tail. Take the so-called "Lost Generation" in Australia. The aboriginal children were taken from their families and raised as whites, which is why they are dysfunctional today. Yet when so-called "disadvantaged' groups are raised apart from whites and encouraged to retain their culture…that's why they're dysfunctional today. This is a small example of how the left remains in perpetual motion. It's not about actually accomplishing anything, but remaining in a never ending revolutionary posture that enables them to acquire status and power for themselves at the expense of the hapless "principled" types standing opposed to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2015, 09:39 PM

1,365 posts, read 1,016,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
Yeah, I'm not holding my breath because we both know you can't back up the BS above.
I told you to wait patiently, since I am waiting for the religion of peace to finally do something peaceful for once.

Old 09-25-2015, 11:01 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
My gut reaction when reading this story was putting soldiers in this situation explains some of the PTSD we are seeing our servicemen returning with. It is unconscionable to expect a normal or even semi-normal human to ignore this atrocity.
That was my very first thought. I can't even imagine what it must be like to listen to this night after night, and know that you are not allowed to do a thing about it. That has to mess with their minds.

These people rape goats, dogs, little boys, little girls, women....why are we there again? These people are sick, disgusting, and to hell with them all. It's time for us to leave. It's time for the people of that country to stand up and do something about it. No more of our soldiers over there.

Instead of this country talking about how, "it will take 25 years to come up with an alternative to foreign oil", how about the politicians shut up and start doing.

Old 09-25-2015, 11:53 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
This is allowed under Islam. You can remain "clean" by taking a young boy as a sex slave
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAL9000 View Post
It's the right choice. Military are not trained as police, there is no infrastructure (courts, lawyers, jails) to administer Western-style justice in the volumes required, and most importantly, this has been a facet of Islamic culture for centuries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ackmondual View Post
It's a cultural thing unfortunately. Speaking from that perspective, if an American sees a man beating his wife inside his own home in a foreign country, does he have the right to intervene?

Another unfortunate thing is just how very unequal things are in the world. As a random example, the folks who make our beloved iPhones in those factories now have to take anti-suicide pledges. Apple sure as hell won't do anything to improve their work conditions. Apple gets about $400 profit per iPhone, and doesn't want anything to cut into that. Yet, many Americans are buying these such electronics from them, and many other manufacturers without much of an afterthought.

I'm certainly thankful for everything I have.
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
The difference is one is not legal nor culturally accepted behavior while the other is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
From what I read, it's a crime in Afghanistan. The laws are there on the books, but the police are the ones raping young boys. We are arming the police and training them as militias to fight the Taliban.

When are we going to get the f*ck out of that hellhole? From what I understood, we don't control anything other than the bases where the military lives. Now it seems we don't even control that, so what's the point? Bring our military home and make sure none of these a-holes can claim asylum and come to the U.S. when their countries fall apart after we leave.
It is illegal in Afghanistan. It's not a "culture" issue, it's a criminal issue. It is illegal. The Taliban stopped it, but once they were gone, these pukes decided to start doing it again. It doesn't make it legal, it is still illegal, Katygirl has it right.

The problem is, cops who should be protecting these boys are not. If you watch the documentary that was linked back at the beginning of this thread in one of the first few pages, (if you can stomach it...I've made it to part 3 and I'm ready to puke), it will become very clear to you WHY the cops do not stop it.

Old 09-26-2015, 06:36 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,065,142 times
Reminds me of that awesome movie with Sean Connery and Michael Caine " The Man Who Would Be King". They help a petty warlord( and then supplant him \) conquer his enemies and the region in what is today Afghanistan. The warlord offers up his daughters to them which they decline having swore an oath to abstain from sexual activity until they succeeded in looting the country. He then offers up his sons to them if that is what they like. That movie was set almost 150 years ago but the country hasn't changed. Its probably gone backwards, if anything.

Old 10-11-2015, 03:30 AM

10,114 posts, read 19,404,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
That was my very first thought. I can't even imagine what it must be like to listen to this night after night, and know that you are not allowed to do a thing about it. That has to mess with their minds.

These people rape goats, dogs, little boys, little girls, women....why are we there again? These people are sick, disgusting, and to hell with them all. It's time for us to leave. It's time for the people of that country to stand up and do something about it. No more of our soldiers over there.

Instead of this country talking about how, "it will take 25 years to come up with an alternative to foreign oil", how about the politicians shut up and start doing.
Yes, sickening.....but we can't do anything to stop it. Its what they want, its their culture, otherwise, such practices wouldn't had developed and survived in the first place. If we tried to stop it, we might save a few here and there, but the very victims and their families would be the ones to protest it. They want to live that way, or they wouldn't be doing it. You can't change the whole world to your way of thinking!

Old 02-10-2020, 09:11 AM

17,874 posts, read 15,943,866 times
The article is old, but it reports that village elders were reporting the pederasty, and not tolerant of it. They wanted USA forces to do something about it.

If the village elders are not accepting of this, then how do we assume is a cultural norm? Or do these village elders have their own child prostitutes from another village, and are only concerned with their own children?

Something tells me, if we put an end to the pederasty, we can gain better relations with the actual villagers, and that helps with our efforts more than paying trillions of dollars to warlords who dont really do what we tell them.

Last edited by NJ Brazen_3133; 02-10-2020 at 09:33 AM..

Old 02-10-2020, 09:21 AM

20,102 posts, read 9,015,533 times
Quote:
I know generals and most of the military there would never say what they're fighting for is pointless. They have to believe in what they're doing or go crazy. I was just thinking no matter when we leave, we're going to have a small number of troops still there at the end. We only had about 500+ troops there when Obama took office, if memory serves. I would think we could have easily left at that point, with the same end result. Instead we had a surge where many of our guys have died, needlessly.
let me refresh your memory.....another one of Obama's lies....

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...rough-his-term

Old 02-10-2020, 09:44 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,661,869 times
Quote:
I know generals and most of the military there would never say what they're fighting for is pointless. They have to believe in what they're doing or go crazy. I was just thinking no matter when we leave, we're going to have a small number of troops still there at the end. We only had about 500+ troops there when Obama took office, if memory serves. I would think we could have easily left at that point, with the same end result. Instead we had a surge where many of our guys have died, needlessly.
According to this chart, there were about 30,000 troops in Afghanistan when Obama took office.

https://www.npr.org/2016/07/06/48497...ed-under-obama

Old 02-10-2020, 09:58 AM

4,661 posts, read 1,951,679 times
this type of thing is not uncommon in some countries. Heck remember a few years ago talking about how rich Arabs would "marry" very young girls to take their virginity then divorce them. They would do this over and over again. The poor girls would then be operated on to restore their "virginity" and be sold again. There are many places in the World were humans, especially young women have little value. As much as it is disgusting we cannot change this, certainly not by force of arms. We need to get out and let them go back to killing each other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies