Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2015, 10:12 AM

20,454 posts, read 12,373,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

Right wingers would've all had strokes had the ACA set drug price limits and they know it.
yes we would because we know that kills innovation.

we also have been having cows about how terrible you liberals are because of the many many blocks to free markets you create.

This situation here is a classic example. This guy is doing this because of the blocks to free markets our government has put in place.

This is big government in action. Thank you libs for killing competition.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2015, 10:15 AM

6,476 posts, read 7,320,658 times
It's his property; he can charge anything he likes. The market will either bear his vision out or crush him.

Old 09-22-2015, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
It's his property; he can charge anything he likes. The market will either bear his vision out or crush him.
IT ISNT THE MARKET>

There is no market because big government statists have killed this market.

PS he has given tens of thousands of dollars to liberals.

oh and now because of this lib-funder, the Progs are going to ramp up installing price controls on all drugs.

things that make you go "hmmmm"...

Old 09-22-2015, 10:23 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post

When people's lives are at stake, there should be some ethics.

Old 09-22-2015, 10:24 AM

45,201 posts, read 26,417,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Like the FDA getting out of the way of alternatives?

Old 09-22-2015, 10:26 AM

218 posts, read 214,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
then calls a reporter who questions it a 'moron.'

and this is for a drug that was approved 62 years ago!

it's pretty clear who the moron is in this situation.
Hillary is the only one that heard this and is immediately figuring out a way to get it stopped!

Old 09-22-2015, 10:26 AM

There is an alternative generic form of the drug that is sold in Canada. That company cannot sell its drug in America.

Big Government is evil and liberalism has a body count. That count just went up.

Old 09-22-2015, 10:28 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,951,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I wish. I'm going through this problem right now. I'm on two newer meds that aren't available in generic. My insurance company didn't cover one of them and it covered the other one with a pretty steep $85/month copay, which I could barely afford. After jumping through a lot of hoops, I got the first one covered for $400/16 doses For that price, getting approval didn't do me a lick of good because I still can't afford the medicine. On the other one, I fell into the insurance "donut hole" after just three months and now the copay has increased from $85/month to $324/month for 30 pills. I'm living on samples now, but after they're out, I will probably have to switch to a less effective medicine, since I'm not eligible for any help with medication costs.

Old 09-22-2015, 10:30 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Like the FDA getting out of the way of alternatives?
Perhaps. IMO, the FDA has become infiltrated by drug companies who have bought their way into the FDA's advisory panel.

Old 09-22-2015, 10:36 AM

23,532 posts, read 17,208,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I think this is why capitalism fails in essential services like health care. Nationalize the entire thing right down to every single last lab. Take the profits and use them to hire more doctors, pay for more college educations for gifted students who are turning their back on medicine because of the high cost of education and complicated roadmap of health coverage.

There are a lot of ways to make a million dollars in America. Healthcare should not be one of them.

There should be an amendment to the Constitution that in no way, shape or form should there be a dollar of profit earned off healthcare.

In fact, we need a really smart lawyer to step up and sue the entire industry by saying they are preventing the American Public from their pursuit of happiness and life through their actions. Investors are making billions upon billions off our healthcare.
This is one guy and is not representative of big pharma in anyway shape or form.

Would not be surprised if he is doing this to bring attention to obamacare and the dem policies in gereral where the feds just raise taxes instead of addressing why the prices are escalating. There is no need for the feds to 'take action' and excede its legislative leash as most suggest. Within the business there are strategies and this is a tremendous opportunity for pharma to out maneuver this guy.

On the other hand government control is a circle jerk.....and its supporters lie through their teeth or are just bewildered and confused. Obama has had a laser focus on the VA issues since 2008. Problem not solved!

"In 2011, New York Times columnist and Princeton economist Paul Krugman wrote an article praising the Veterans Health administration, calling the VA a “huge policy success story, which offers important lessons for future health reform.”

“Yes, this is ’socialized medicine,’” Krugman said of the VA system. “It works, [and] suggests what it will take to solve troubles of U.S. health care more broadly.”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies